[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

Wondering if this build would work better as deadeye and use forbidden jewels to get Ritual of awakening passive and anoint totem keystone?
Forbidden jewels can only be used for an ascendancy your class can use.
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Wondering if this build would work better as deadeye and use forbidden jewels to get Ritual of awakening passive and anoint totem keystone?

You can't use it on Deadeye but I heard some people use Inquisitor with the jewels.
Those of you who have pushed this build quite far, what do you think would be the best use of a Mageblood?

I'm currently sitting at lvl 96, ~42million sirus DPS, 1820dex.

I have farmed almost enough currency for an uncorrupted Mageblood, but I'm wondering if that would be better spent on just a Mageblood itself, or a combination of upgrades like a top tier amulet with %attributes, %dex, and damage per dex and a +2 gems Wildwrap.

I feel like the amulet/wildwrap upgrades would be damage-oriented, POB says it would push me to 55-60million DPS, whereas with the Mageblood I could add more defense and potentially push for 100?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a build to finish my challenges, especially the uber bosses. How does this build perform on those? Can you brute force them (I'm not good at bosses without trying them 100 times :/).
I have ~80ex left as budget currently.
"
Lhaza wrote:
Hi there,

I'm looking for a build to finish my challenges, especially the uber bosses. How does this build perform on those? Can you brute force them (I'm not good at bosses without trying them 100 times :/).
I have ~80ex left as budget currently.

As long as you know the mechanics I'm sure you can. I was able to do Uber cortex with my current character but got a carry for others simply because I don't have the time or patience to learn these new uber mechanics. 80ex should be plenty.
Palsteron just made Inquisitor version of this build. 3200 dex, like 22 or 23 ballistas, 1,3 Bil dps.

Don't even ask about budget. I think I could play for like 3 leagues and still could not afford it.
Hi,

I'm new to this build, so maybe you can help me out a bit about the next steps of improvement:

https://pastebin.com/0cUUTKQx

I have currently only around 3-5ex to spend.

Mapping T15 blue or yellow is quite ok, but single target is bad, even with switching to barrage support instead of hypothermia.

I tried a white polaric invitation and felt like zero DPS. Is it just about the level, being only 81 so far?

I think about getting new gloves with %dex next (currently ~1400), looking for harvest enchants for weapon and chest, as well as a better medium cluster.

Anything else I overlook so far?

Thanks in advance!

Ravi
"
Ravianer wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to this build, so maybe you can help me out a bit about the next steps of improvement:

https://pastebin.com/0cUUTKQx

I have currently only around 3-5ex to spend.

Mapping T15 blue or yellow is quite ok, but single target is bad, even with switching to barrage support instead of hypothermia.

I tried a white polaric invitation and felt like zero DPS. Is it just about the level, being only 81 so far?

I think about getting new gloves with %dex next (currently ~1400), looking for harvest enchants for weapon and chest, as well as a better medium cluster.

Anything else I overlook so far?

Thanks in advance!

Ravi

I'll do my best to try and help you out. I'm no expert buy I've played this build two leagues in a row and I feel I have a pretty good grasp on it. I'll also try and list these from least expensive to most expensive.

#1 - You are only lvl 81, once you get upwards of 90 and above you can fill your tree out a bit more. Most of your gems aren't maxed so work towards getting them max level with 20% quality.

#2 - Change the "chance to get extra totem" mastery to the one that gives global crit.

#3 - I noticed right away you have your brutal restraint in the wrong spot. It's removing magebane for something that is unless to this build. Your spell suppression is currently 14%. Move the Brutal and you are over 100%. There are two locations people use. I personally like it in the southern most socket right next to Savagery node. Hit it with as many divines as you can afford to try and get the most DEX you can. Mine isn't the best but I was able to hit 3 +20 DEX nodes and and elemental damage node. It gives me 149 DEX when socketed. Some people like to socket it on the right hand side of the tree above fervour but I like to have a Threads of Hope there. You can check my tree to see what I've done.

#4 - Get yourself a Brawn jewel. One with MAX 6% DEX and STR are super cheap. Put it where you have your brutal restraint.

#5 - Consider swapping a flask for Dying Sun. This is a big DPS boost when active. I swapped out my jade flask for one.

#6 - Your boots should have 120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't Crit Recently. A pair of these are a bit cheaper at 1 ex but the added crit chance is needed.

#7 - Swap your helm enchant for Siege Ballista has increased attack speed. These are a bit expensive right now at 2 ex but put it on the list of things to upgrade.

#8 - You could look for a watcher's eye with one of the mods listed in the guide to replace your viridian jewel. I think the mod that gives crit chance when affected by hatred gives the most DPS.

#9 - I personally like the gloves I have. Double temple mods for extra crit against shocked and more damage against chilled plus it gives me a lot of resist. Gloves like this that also have flat DEX can be hard to find and a bit expensive. I added the Eldritch implicits myself so they were fairly cheap to craft. Having the Hunter cloves with a high DEX, %DEX and some sort of resist can be very expensive. The reason I dont go for the hunter gloves now is that I'm currently at 1820 DEX and they wouldn't put me over the 2000 DEX threshold for another ballista. Plus resists can be hard to max with this build due to all the uniques.

#10 - Save for a ring with %DEX implicit. They are expensive but a big boost to DEX if your resists are covered.

#11 - Anomalous Inspiration, Divergent Skitterbots, Divergent Bonechill are all a bit of an upgrade DPS wise from their normal versions, not absolutely necessary but if you have the funds after doing the above then consider them.

I hope these few tips help! Good Luck!

Hi,

first I want to say big thank you for helping me! I have not much time at the moment, but even the first small changes showed significant benefit:

1)lvl 87 now :-)
2)done
3)oh wow, what a mistake! I reordered my jewels. the brutal restraint is not ideal, but good enough to push me >1600dex now. good enough for the moment.
4)done
5)next upgrade
6)done
7)done
8)I only have a watchers eye with some other(useless) mods for the moment, but as I start bossing soon, I maybe will found one that fits.
9)Bigger topic, maybe I will utilize POB a bit to check, what's better for my current state.
10)yeah,long term project :-)
11)let's see if I have time for min maxing

My goal is to get some more challenges in the league, I think siege ballista will be good build for this.

One big downside of this build is, that I have massive laptop performance issues from time to time. catarina lagged as hell!

Greetings
Last edited by Ravianer on Jul 11, 2022, 4:15:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info