[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Kaazaa wrote:
Ok guys thank u for help but i found solution. I was trying to do uber Eater not regular one thats why it was soo hard.

Yep, that'll do it. Also be sure you are swapping to barrage support from hypothermia.

Thanks man for your time i read and now i follow step by step. I change to Wildwrap. Bought Thread of hope, uber is done.

I will buy some boots with enchant and i will save money for synth rings.
"
Kaazaa wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:
"
Kaazaa wrote:
Ok guys thank u for help but i found solution. I was trying to do uber Eater not regular one thats why it was soo hard.

Yep, that'll do it. Also be sure you are swapping to barrage support from hypothermia.

Thanks man for your time i read and now i follow step by step. I change to Wildwrap. Bought Thread of hope, uber is done.

I will buy some boots with enchant and i will save money for synth rings.

Glad to help! With crazy investment this build can get major levels of DPS. I don't have the time or funds to push it that high but I've done everything I listed in my last post and I'm very comfortable where I'm at. I have not tried any uber boss battles yet and high wave simulacrum are very difficult. I can say that I comfortably killed uber elder yesterday with just one death.

One other thing I forgot to mention is get an Awakened Elemental damage support gem when you can. At max level it makes it so you and your ballistas never take reflected elemental damage. This is huge since it makes it so the only map mod we can't do is the "player can't regenerate life, mana and energy shield".
just look at this beauty
. Almost perfect. Can try crafting "Suffixes cannot be changed" and then "remove non-influenced add influenced" praying to hit cold penetration 😁

I guess the next step for me would be to sacrifice eldrich glove implicits and craft some insane elevated hunter gloves. This way I can hit 3000 dexterity
Last edited by Gymme_Axe on Jun 19, 2022, 9:07:12 AM
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
just look at this beauty
. Almost perfect. Can try crafting "Suffixes cannot be changed" and then "remove non-influenced add influenced" praying to hit cold penetration 😁

I guess the next step for me would be to sacrifice eldrich glove implicits and craft some insane elevated hunter gloves. This way I can hit 3000 dexterity

That is a great amulet
Adds a huge amount of damage. I got successful with a similar one but not this league unfortunately.

Combining the Sentinel mod boots and combined Esh armour into my Standard league character I reach ~2750 dex which would put my damage just shy of 8 mil per totem.

(A little rant about crafting that chest - it was meant to be an 80% success rate for the two suffixes....well it took me 11 attempts - 80% my backside. I was begging for the dex roll and did have it on 5 of my attempts but by the time it hit the 7th attempt things were becoming very desperate).

Looking at your POB, as I would like to know how to push my build past 3000 dex, I am struggling to see how the gloves alone would accomplish this.
This could be because of the fact that POB does not pick up the Brutal Restraint modifiers but if this is not the case:
Using your POB & Tree, with the hunter %Dex & +Dex gloves would only put your dex up to 2700. (Yeah the gloves could have 20 extra dex but even with this it does not go past 3000.

Removing the mageblood and putting in a belt like the below would push it to 2900.

If it is the case and your Brutal Restraint does give you 10% Increased Dexterity (2x 5%), combined with the gloves gives 2850 and with the rare belt it goes above 3000 at 3031 for a DPS of 6.3mil/totem. However without the mageblood, it becomes considerably squishy with only an effective HP of 19k compared to 69k.

Mageblood pretty much does your full resists and armour enabling ultimate freedom on your items.

What bonus mods does your brutal restraint give?

POBs below if interested:
https://pastebin.com/K0y5FT3a - Your POB with the belt and gloves from my builds as examples.
https://pastebin.com/db6PQ2V3 - My build but due to no mageblood it is burst damage when flasks are all active. Without flasks it is shy of 7mil DPS/totem.

Curious what the 3k dex build would look like. Do post updates.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Jun 19, 2022, 9:17:40 PM
"
Glad to help! With crazy investment this build can get major levels of DPS. I don't have the time or funds to push it that high but I've done everything I listed in my last post and I'm very comfortable where I'm at. I have not tried any uber boss battles yet and high wave simulacrum are very difficult. I can say that I comfortably killed uber elder yesterday with just one death.

One other thing I forgot to mention is get an Awakened Elemental damage support gem when you can. At max level it makes it so you and your ballistas never take reflected elemental damage. This is huge since it makes it so the only map mod we can't do is the "player can't regenerate life, mana and energy shield".

There is one more mod which I personally find is worse than the 'no regen mods' and that is the '% reduces life recovery' mod. It is essentially no regen & no flask recovery. Usually it is around 50% which is tolerable but with the Atlas Passive tree amplifying it up, it gets to nearly 90% and there is no way around it. All you can do is ensure you do not get hit by anything!

Ailment immunity is a blessing here but poison and other non-ailment tagged degens are a killer.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Jun 19, 2022, 9:23:49 PM
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:
just look at this beauty
. Almost perfect.

I forgot to anoint it, thanks for the heads up, was missing on 10% more damage!😁

I am at 2850 dex atm, brutal restraint gives me 20% stun avoid, 15% dex and 20 flat dex. Not great, not terrible.

DPS is 21 mill per totem (if barrage instead of hypothermia). Perfect hunter gloves will give me more than 3000 dex total, and just 2-3% DPS increase. Marginal gains 😁

I was trying to craft double-elevated attack crit chance, percent dex, attack speed per dex chest. I lose flat dex, but might be able to drop righteous providence jewels and this way free up some skill points. The craft is very expensive, but doable.

Will take a week off poe and continue in July.
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:

I forgot to anoint it, thanks for the heads up, was missing on 10% more damage!😁

I am at 2850 dex atm, brutal restraint gives me 20% stun avoid, 15% dex and 20 flat dex. Not great, not terrible.

DPS is 21 mill per totem (if barrage instead of hypothermia). Perfect hunter gloves will give me more than 3000 dex total, and just 2-3% DPS increase. Marginal gains 😁

I was trying to craft double-elevated attack crit chance, percent dex, attack speed per dex chest. I lose flat dex, but might be able to drop righteous providence jewels and this way free up some skill points. The craft is very expensive, but doable.

Oh I have been referring to hypothermia not barrage.
With the additions to the brutal restraint jewel in POB and only the new gloves it does put you around 3000 dex.

I am really surprised at the amount of tankiness that the Mageblood gives.
"
Mentalmike wrote:
"
Gymme_Axe wrote:

Oh I have been referring to hypothermia not barrage.
With the additions to the brutal restraint jewel in POB and only the new gloves it does put you around 3000 dex.

I am really surprised at the amount of tankiness that the Mageblood gives.

With hypothermia, it is 12.4 mill per totem. Regarding tankiness, don't look at it when Molten Shell is on, unless you worked hard on duration and cooldown of guard skills. Tick it off and check that tankiness afterwards. This build is not about defences. The best you can do (without sacrificing much damage) is to get ailment immune. Mageblood provides you with chaos/ele res cap and movement speed plus some damage.

What I was recently thinking of is to get melding of the flesh and invest into max cold res. You can get them on gloves, on the tree and from purity of ice. Yes, you need to invest into aura reservation and give up a bit of damage, but it might be worth it.
Last edited by Gymme_Axe on Jun 20, 2022, 7:50:08 AM

Just found this when I turned in an inventory of breach rings. Is there anything I can do with this for this build. I'm not very versed in crafting. Or am I just better off selling it?
"
Zuuule wrote:

Just found this when I turned in an inventory of breach rings. Is there anything I can do with this for this build. I'm not very versed in crafting. Or am I just better off selling it?

Why do you think it can add value to the build? I can't imagine ES-based siege ballista. I got the same mod this morning, easy sell for 10 ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info