[3.18] Gryph's Tank Simulator - A Detonate Dead Ignite Elementalist

Hello grpyh the build has been a blast to play and been playing the build since league start

I'm having trouble in actually knowing my dps since i'm not sure how the equations work in this game

Here is my pob https://pastebin.com/qMp20cKj
Im using a lvl 20/20 phantasmal unearth with extra 28% quality from ashes of the stars

Im confused on how to compute those extra increased life. I saw a corpse life scaling calculator in this thread and my the damage on POB seems too high it feels like a scam since im not used to seeing high damage numbers.

So.. hmm

I just bricked an Eater, mostly because I couldn't break his ES fast enough (every time he went into inescapable doom he fully recharged his ES).
Granted, he had the gain % life as ES mod.
https://pastebin.com/Y1VZZVxa

This does not feel like 13m DPS. At all.
"
gtankbr wrote:
So.. hmm

I just bricked an Eater, mostly because I couldn't break his ES fast enough (every time he went into inescapable doom he fully recharged his ES).
Granted, he had the gain % life as ES mod.
https://pastebin.com/Y1VZZVxa

This does not feel like 13m DPS. At all.

Vaal DD is the 13m dps
DD is 8.4m
But probably closer to 6m if EO is not up. (most likely not bc crit is 6%)

I would also check your cruelty effect, as it's probably not 40% against pinnacle bosses. Which is further damage loss from those numbers.

Idk what the boss's life is like, but getting a massive chunk as extra ES on a boss that recharges periodically sounds miserable.
Well, I spent 45 minutes in the fight until I said fuck it lol.
I got him to half health and was like NOPE.
Im thinking if I should swap out of cruelty and go with deadly ailments.
Last edited by gtankbr on Feb 15, 2022, 3:30:13 PM
"
gtankbr wrote:
Well, I spent 45 minutes in the fight until I said fuck it lol.
I got him to half health and was like NOPE.
Im thinking if I should swap out of cruelty and go with deadly ailments.

Woke Deadly Ailments would be significantly more damage regardless. YOu just get less hit damage (which hardly matters).
This build seems really cool - I really want to try it. But, the idea that I wouldn't be using the Unearth tactic until it's fully set up is a bit of a turn-off (I don't like using spectres). Do you think just using Unearth the whole time (and having the +level stuff as the progression instead of the starting point) would still be solid?

Was thinking about this build as my 2nd league character (first one I got to maps, and am currently progressing maps with, is Crackling Lance Freezer) but if it requires a ton of investment just to get started then I'd rather spend those exalts on my existing character.
"
IceTwenty wrote:
This build seems really cool - I really want to try it. But, the idea that I wouldn't be using the Unearth tactic until it's fully set up is a bit of a turn-off (I don't like using spectres). Do you think just using Unearth the whole time (and having the +level stuff as the progression instead of the starting point) would still be solid?

Was thinking about this build as my 2nd league character (first one I got to maps, and am currently progressing maps with, is Crackling Lance Freezer) but if it requires a ton of investment just to get started then I'd rather spend those exalts on my existing character.

Not OP, but you can absolutely do that. You're most likely going to be underwhelmed until you start getting those key pieces (as mentioned several times in this thread, going from regular to Phantasmal Unearth alone will add >100% MORE damage to your build). Every gem level up to 30 is then another 10% more damage modifier basically, but nothing will be as satisfying / immediately obvious as when you get Phantasmal Unearth.

That being said, the cheapest one on the ASC market as of this post is 10ex. The rest of the build can probably be put together at a very comfortable level for that amount as well (HotHT are going down in price, Ashes of the Stars is just over 1ex, Aegis Aurora just under 1ex). It's entirely up to you to decide whether you want to dump that much (minimum) in to a new character, or use it to keep scaling your own. It needs to come down to what playstyle you enjoy more, the scalability of your build compared to this one, and your wealth / income.

For me personally, I've found the build to fully live up to being tanky and very strong in all encounters I've done, and I still have lots of scaling left in both offense and defense. I didn't have Phantasmal Unearth until early red maps, but once I got it, the build was basically "off to the races" as far as scaling goes.
Last edited by Umberger on Feb 15, 2022, 9:13:46 PM
If you go backwards in this thread to where the league started, there's quite a lot of discussion of adaptations to make when you go straight from arma brand in white maps -> unearth in yellows. Most of us did it, and it works OK.
I actually played hexblast ignite for the first 4-5 days of the league and had a real blast (pun intended).
I switched to DD when I could get the core setup running (+3 gloves, lvl 3 empower, lvl 21 regular unearth)
"
IceTwenty wrote:

The change in this version makes spectre desecrate easier. You can use spectre gem to hunt a 360% mob and remove the spectre gem after. The mob will be in your desecrate pool permanently.
Giving out all my luck to my teammates D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info