The Atlantis Mystery Box Concept Art - Deepwater

"
Adrenicrome wrote:
Too bad these gorgeous items are locked behind a credit card though. Would be a better game if these kinds of armor sets dropped from bosses. I would keep playing just to collect them all.

How do you expect them to make money? If they can't monetize this, what CAN they monetize?...
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 7, 2021, 8:04:48 PM
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
That's some badass art. Props to the artist Veli. Too bad these gorgeous items are locked behind a credit card though. Would be a better game if these kinds of armor sets dropped from bosses. I would keep playing just to collect them all.

OMG, too true!
Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
Too bad these gorgeous items are locked behind a credit card though. Would be a better game if these kinds of armor sets dropped from bosses. I would keep playing just to collect them all.

How do you expect them to make money? If they can't monetize this, what CAN they monetize?...

They make plenty off of stash tabs, supporter packs, statues and overpriced rng goodie bags leftover from exilecon.

I never said they can't monetize these boxes. Monetize away to your gambling hearts content.

But why not throw in a few awesome mtx skins that drop randomly from bosses? Would give the game some more chase items that it desperately needs.
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Adrenicrome wrote:

They make plenty off of stash tabs, supporter packs, statues and overpriced rng goodie bags leftover from exilecon.

I never said they can't monetize these boxes. Monetize away to your gambling hearts content.

But why not throw in a few awesome mtx skins that drop randomly from bosses? Would give the game some more chase items that it desperately needs.

First off, I didn't talk about the gambling boxes and neither did you. Not in your original comment, which talked of them being "locked behind a credit card" i.e. being paid mtxes. That says nothing about the gambling, so don't bring that in now. Also, the contents of the boxes are available for purchase later, so you're actually asking them to give away not simply something from a lootbox but from their direct sale store as well. Basically, bringing up the lootbox aspect doesn't bolster your point.

Secondly, you've no idea what their finances are, so "They make plenty off of.." sounds presumptuous at best. Cosmetic mtxes are the vast majority of things available to buy, so it seems strange to assume they're insignificant to their income, especially given how much they keep pumping them out.

Thirdly, if they're not insignificant to their income, then it seems rather a bad idea to give people the ability to easily satisfy their aesthetic desires for free. How are they supposed to monetize something that people don't have to pay for?

And lastly, if they're going to give away some of their mtxes for free, then it'd be FAR more beneficial for players for them to do it with stash tabs (which you seem curiously okay with being "locked behind a credit card"), which many players have called pay-2-win (whether you agree or not), than with the cosmetics that have no gameplay effect. It's strange to see a player calling out the cosmetics while being fine with the state of stash tabs.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 7, 2021, 10:24:35 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

First off, I didn't talk about the gambling boxes and neither did you. Not in your original comment, which talked of them being "locked behind a credit card" i.e. being paid mtxes. That says nothing about the gambling, so don't bring that in now. Also, the contents of the boxes are available for purchase later, so you're actually asking them to give away not simply something from a lootbox but from their direct sale store as well. Basically, bringing up the lootbox aspect doesn't bolster your point.

Secondly, you've no idea what their finances are, so "They make plenty off of.." sounds presumptuous at best. Cosmetic mtxes are the vast majority of things available to buy, so it seems strange to assume they're insignificant to their income, especially given how much they keep pumping them out.

Thirdly, if they're not insignificant to their income, then it seems rather a bad idea to give people the ability to easily satisfy their aesthetic desires for free. How are they supposed to monetize something that people don't have to pay for?

And lastly, if they're going to give away some of their mtxes for free, then it'd be FAR more beneficial for players for them to do it with stash tabs (which you seem curiously okay with being "locked behind a credit card"), which many players have called pay-2-win (whether you agree or not), than with the cosmetics that have no gameplay effect. It's strange to see a player calling out the cosmetics while being fine with the state of stash tabs.

The cringy thing is how personal you took this and had to write an essay on it.
Last edited by Adrenicrome on Nov 7, 2021, 11:14:28 PM
No mystery where the concept came from. Bioshock much?
Saved
"
Adrenicrome wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

The cringy thing is how personal you took this and had to write an essay on it.

Ah yes, it was silly to expect the entitled to rise up to defend their views. Fyi 'cringe' is a popular way to dismiss something without having anything substantive to say against it. I guess this game does have younger players.
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 8, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
Really nice.

Who doesn't like (cyber or steam) punk.
"
Praanesh wrote:
Not sure why every armour set that comes out has wings. At least there is one non-wing back attachment option.
Some armour sets that look like fairies and angels can have wings. But I was seriously hoping the Deepwater set came with no wings.

I agree. It's marine-themed so it should be more ... fishy?
I love steampunk and I will definitely buy this as soon as it hits the store as I'm not a big fan of real money gambling. The concept art itself made me wet!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info