[3.17] Energy Blade Lightning Strike Berserker

Greetings, interesting build, might try it.
But how do you get "Superior Energy Blade",
Thanks
I've no idea how is this build tanky when I'm getting one shot by trash mobs. I'm 100% sure that prototype is bugged. I have 26k armour and it makes no difference. I even rolled two flasks with chance to avoid shock and reduce shock effect and a phasing flask and still getting one shot.
I did some testing of Doryani's Prototype to see if I could determine if it is in fact working at all.

Kinda sad about the result (spoiler: it works, it's just not great) so I don't have the energy to write up full methodology right now, so I'll give broad strokes. The long and short of it is I recorded several tests vs act 6 Shavronne (slow, predictable lightning spell hits, easily avoided shock books).

---

In the first test, I equipped comparable body armor to my Doryani's (29,153 armor), just in case there's any physical component to a6 Shavronne's lightning orbs. I doubt it, but just to be safe. I used a +lightning resist amulet in place of Choir of the Storm and a level 20 Purity of Lightning, giving me 79% tooltip lightning resist for a known value.

The end result was an average hit for 73 damage (with a std deviation of 25, yikes. I had to spec out of Glancing Blows to make sure it wasn't for some reason an attack hit that I was partially blocking). Using this with the known 79% lightning resist, I come out to an expected base damage of 347 for the spell.

---

In the next test, I used my normal mapping setup (but with Molten Shell turned off and Versatile Combatant refunded for consistency).
This gives me 30,023 armor and -71% lightning resist.

Here I took an average of 53.5 damage for an effective 85% lightning resist. Quite good.

---

I then flasked up to 52,089 armor. This reduced the average damage taken to 39.83 and squashed the standard deviation. This was an effective 89% lightning resist.

---

Finally I ran my normal gear setup but disabled Determination to check for significant armor scaling on Doryani's Prototype vs lightning.

This was the worst, as I took an average of 113 damage per hit with a spike as high as 206. On average this was an effective 68% lightning resist. Not so awful that I'd expect a geared character in maps to instantly die all the time, but . . .

---

It's well-established that armor faces steep diminishing returns when incoming hits are quite large. Juiced t16 map bosses (and honestly t1 trash mobs) hit much, much harder than a6 Shavronne. I can't say for certain what my effective resistance is in nasty maps because I don't know if I'm being overkilled by 100 or 1000. But it's bad.

And on top of that, Doryani's Prototype is severely hindered by "Armour also applies to lightning damage taken FROM HITS." No wonder Baranites' Mana Rune feels like running through Shaper beam while bleeding out. It's probably 0% effective lightning resist.

---

In summary, I feel pretty confident that Doryani's Prototype "functions." All the lines seem to do what they say they do. But the scaling and lack of any protection against lightning based degens makes you very, very squishy in the wrong circumstances.
"
I've no idea how is this build tanky when I'm getting one shot by trash mobs. I'm 100% sure that prototype is bugged. I have 26k armour and it makes no difference. I even rolled two flasks with chance to avoid shock and reduce shock effect and a phasing flask and still getting one shot.

You have the wrong glorious vanity mod.....You have Eternal Youth, you need Corrupted Soul
Last edited by CarpeJugular on Nov 11, 2021, 12:50:49 AM
"
CarpeJugular wrote:
"

You have the wrong glorious vanity mod.....You have Eternal Youth, you need Corrupted Soul

I believe this is a website bug. It shows us all, including you, as having Eternal Youth (the natural keystone in this location) even though we have the correct Glorious Vanity jewel
Killed sirus 8 yesterday with this build, tank enough to stand in beam. Not deathless(my fault with jumping in degen areas), also my first sirus 8, so no experience.
Problems i met - molten shell without cwdt is a must, damage feels low, regen and leech life are too low(if you wish to stand in beam).
Last edited by Dartiuseg on Nov 11, 2021, 4:24:16 AM
Can i use another amulet if i cant afford the Uul-Netol's Vow ?

Ty for answering :)
"
Gurkensully wrote:

This build uses Choir of the Storm, not Uul-Netol's Vow.
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
There is a way with damage taken shifting from light to cold (we can overstack up to 87% cold res, or even more) with talisman.
With doriani we have 0 light res(if i understand it right) without armour, even if there -130 in tooltip, so with 50% conversion its about 44%.
Didn't test it much, but looks good.
Talisman with 100% shifting cost 15+ ex and other mods are shit
Got this for 17 ex and works very well as expected. Was able to do The Hidden and tank Esh's abilities very easily, so if you have the budget for it its a good solution to the lightning damage problem.
"
Gurkensully wrote:

Not sure if you're trolling but afaik at no point does this guide reference Uul-Netol's Vow, so yes use choir of the storm :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info