Power Charge on Crit

unheralded hero of 10.5 ;)

btw
Has anyone tried some pure melee build with this?
Like some fast dual wield duelist or something like that.
Either as a support to main attack skill or on a switch as a charge builder, no matter.
Either this doesnt work with spell totems or I'm doing sth retarded I dont realise. I farmed at least half an hour with dual spark totem(spark,spell totem,fork,power charge on crit), and didnt get a single power charge with %11.8cc. I thought maybe fork would be bugged but trying without it didnt work either. Am I missing sth obvious or is it just bugged or it is intended so you cant just place a totem(ice spear for example) and get charges for free when you use your main skill?
Totems, Mines and Traps get their own Charges (they use the Skill, they get the Crit, they get the Power Charge). They have a maximum of zero Power and Frenzy Charges because they cannot meaningfully benefit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 8, 2013, 2:17:01 PM
I can't remember if a MS crit yields 1 power charges or 3.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Totems, Mines and Traps get their own Charges (they use the Skill, they get the Crit, they get the Power Charge). They have a maximum of zero Power and Frenzy Charges because they cannot meaningfully benefit.

Doesn't power charge up the crit chance, i wouldn't think thats quite a meaningfull benefit for a attack spells casting totem.
"An it harm none, do what you will"
"
Torguemada wrote:
Doesn't power charge up the crit chance, i wouldn't think thats quite a meaningfull benefit for a attack spells casting totem.

It does -- Assuming you have Power Charges.
Totems use your stats for damage-dealing purposes. Their Frenzy and Power Charges do literally nothing.
How well Voll's Protector + PC on Crit gem work together ? Is there a limit on gaining a PC at all ?
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Getting both Voll's and the Support is a little overkill. Voll's alone will easily keep you well-stocked on Power Charges; one Crit will probably max you out, and each Charge makes it more likely to Crit.
my feedback:

This has been really bad an really annoying so far.

With +1 power charges, a lot of +critical chance passives, and +15% power charge duration, I'm getting very little use out of it.

At best I'm averaging 1 power charge, but it's almost certainly less. With only a 40% chance to gain a power charge and only 20% chance to crit (despite lots of passives), it's virtually impossible to get to and sustain max power charges for any reasonable amount of time.

Not saying the skill is completely useless; I'm sure high level builds which can afford paying for 20% quality gems and have them at level 16-20 and have ridiculously huge crit rates like 40-60% wouldn't have an issue, but that just makes the problem worse. I don't see why the strong crit builds should get stronger, while the low level players who want to try to crit get punished abysmally.

I think it makes more sense to guarantee the power charge if crit; that or at least increase the starting chance to like 60%. This wouldn't impact the build that are critting lots anyway since they'd already be abusing the skill to it's full potential.

There's skills that give power charges with wands easily and frenzy charges easily and endurance charges easily, but aside from wands, why should it be so damn hard to get a power charge? 20% chance times 40% chance? 8% chance is simply unsustainable and disappointing.

Also, maybe make the skill melee-only (or attack-only) like multi-attack. I remember back when "gain power charge on melee critical hit" existed as a passive on the skill tree, and I don't see why that exact mechanic isn't reintroduced via this support gem.

Overall: frustrated with a new support gem. I was originally excited to see it introduced, but the chance to fail made it really lame.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
Spoiler
my feedback:

This has been really bad an really annoying so far.

With +1 power charges, a lot of +critical chance passives, and +15% power charge duration, I'm getting very little use out of it.

At best I'm averaging 1 power charge, but it's almost certainly less. With only a 40% chance to gain a power charge and only 20% chance to crit (despite lots of passives), it's virtually impossible to get to and sustain max power charges for any reasonable amount of time.

Not saying the skill is completely useless; I'm sure high level builds which can afford paying for 20% quality gems and have them at level 16-20 and have ridiculously huge crit rates like 40-60% wouldn't have an issue, but that just makes the problem worse. I don't see why the strong crit builds should get stronger, while the low level players who want to try to crit get punished abysmally.

I think it makes more sense to guarantee the power charge if crit; that or at least increase the starting chance to like 60%. This wouldn't impact the build that are critting lots anyway since they'd already be abusing the skill to it's full potential.

There's skills that give power charges with wands easily and frenzy charges easily and endurance charges easily, but aside from wands, why should it be so damn hard to get a power charge? 20% chance times 40% chance? 8% chance is simply unsustainable and disappointing.

Also, maybe make the skill melee-only (or attack-only) like multi-attack. I remember back when "gain power charge on melee critical hit" existed as a passive on the skill tree, and I don't see why that exact mechanic isn't reintroduced via this support gem.
Overall: frustrated with a new support gem. I was originally excited to see it introduced, but the chance to fail made it really lame.
Naturally you're frustrated. You're trying to use it in melee, when it's really another 350% increased crit chance for crit casters.

Me? Love it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info