explained or?
thanx
"
p_ain wrote:
really? damn it
ok but the why is not
explained or?
thanx

The chaos debuffs aren't affected by the reduced damage. You can lay a bunch of charges on a pack then kite away to watch the whole group die.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
You can lay a bunch of charges on a pack then kite away to watch the whole group die

that was the plan, but than i dont understand the logical of that gem,
it gives single attack gems a aoe effect but its disabled for some gems
because you can kite and see group dieing, is that not the basic for some
gems and builds?

Puncture works too.
Hit and kit works here same way.

than they have to apply the reduce damage affect to the elemtal and chaos debuff too.
i dont tested on Poison Arrow. But when that works than they nerfed Viperstrike one more.

And when i see some guys who make the splash, mutli with flicker as crazy enemy hopping
than i miss the disabled gems who make that gam for me only intresting.
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
p_ain wrote:
really? damn it
ok but the why is not
explained or?
thanx

The chaos debuffs aren't affected by the reduced damage. You can lay a bunch of charges on a pack then kite away to watch the whole group die.

And that's wrong because?

I'm checking my LA Ranger, and her gems don't reduce damage, I have LMP and FP on it.
LMP noticably reduces your damage output though. The Increased damage bonus does not nearly negate the Less damage penalty due to how they stack. Take it off and watch your per-hit damage increase.

Puncture does deal reduced damage due to Melee Splash as well, so it's not a problem. The DoT is based on damage dealt after all, and it won't be dealing that much damage.
I've been using Melee Splash with Infernal Blow and I must say I am impressed. The "Time-Bomb" effect splashes making tight groups of mobs fall quickly to the explosions and stragglers can be heavily damaged by the fallout. As far as other skills go based on reading melee splash I would think that shield charge and some of the others shouldn't be allowed to work with it. This is because even though Shield charge states it's single target the has the ability to impact multiple with the "pushback" property as you try to get to your target.
"
MrBadExample wrote:
This is because even though Shield charge states it's single target the has the ability to impact multiple with the "pushback" property as you try to get to your target.

The knockback to intermediate targets doesn't deal any damage though. Shield Charge deals damage to one target only.
I find myself wondering what the default AoE radius is based on. Is it a small fixed value? Is it based on your melee swing range?

Wonder if this information is out there anywhere. On my staff templar the splash area seems larger than on my dagger ranger. Could be my imagination. Any info?

----

Regarding IB+Splash: Splash makes the explosion the less important component of this attack (usually). IB builds used to be centered around doing as much damage with the explosion as possible, and spreading very large burns.

Now the explosion is nice, but it doesn't need to be quite so large. Often a whole pack will die on splash, and you'll see them all explode. In this case the explosion does no damage whatsoever - all damage was from melee splash. Sometimes, though, mobs surrounding your first kill haven't been sufficiently damaged (due to the less penalty on splash) and the final hit explosion pushes them all over the edge. So still nice while fighting uniform groups.

Where this combo really shines, though, is when you're fighting one tough monster surrounded by many wimpy monsters. Wade in and just keep swinging at the big guy. As surrounding mobs fall they explode doing extra damage to your central target. Very nice, you end up doing additional damage to your primary target thanks to the AoE granted from splash.

The burning effect should hardly matter for this skill now.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Apr 12, 2013, 10:36:08 AM
I wonder if is just bad luck or the monsters that die from splash have reduced drop chance of items. Or could be the splash shatter from Glacial Hammer.

Usually i pull 2-3 packs, and 80-90% of the Shattered monsters from Splash dont drop items at all. Even with fair ammount of Quantity on map etc.
Last edited by sai25 on Apr 12, 2013, 1:36:09 PM
"
Psychofrump wrote:
I'm trying out melee splash with:

I'm level 31 so still low, but currently I feel like a well-nigh invulnerable windmill with pointy edges. Really looking forward to seeing how this holds up at higher levels.

nice

im meleeing with this doing like 690 dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info