Scourge world dmg is BS

Guys, you really need to fix that Ish, I know I´m not tank, but with 5K hp and 500 es, full res almost full chaos and 85% evade, dying either by oneshots or in miliseconds is really not fun, and its only t6 maps with no special mods (like brutal crits or so), there is absolutely no prompt there is anything that would 1 shot me, i´m literaly screen away from mobs and boom, dead, just like that....that is total BS, i know i have to watch for angels and bloodglobes but there is something else, with 0 visibility that is instakilling me, just died 5 times in a row on that with literaly no mob around me.

sadly that is lately the norm for almost every fcing league - metamorph, delirium, expedition....all had the same issue with oneshots.
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2021, 4:35:12 AM
So your only defense is evade and in addition to that you have only 5k HP. Yeah, you will have a fun time in yellow maps, not to talk about red maps.

"5k HP and full res" was not enough for like 2 years now. Evasion is very good defense untill its not - then you get oneshoted.
Last edited by Aynix on Oct 26, 2021, 4:15:20 AM
"
Aynix wrote:
"5k HP and full res" was not enough for like 2 years now. Evasion is very good defense untill its not - then you get oneshoted.

that just describes 90% of path of exile lol
Just curious.

When you talk about the damage how often have you switched into the nightmare.

As more often you do so the more damage they deal.

If you have problems surviving i would advice to switch lesss into the nightmare so the Scourge monsters do less damage.

For anyone not familiar yet.

As you enter the scourge nightmare multiple times you see a "buff" icon in the top left corner of your screen which describes how much more damage the scourge monsters deals with increased item quantity and rarity for items.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 26, 2021, 4:18:08 AM
I play RF character which is tanky by nature, and I get 1shoted/mili-seccond-shotted in T1-T3 scourages even at 20 stacks. Not to mention random 90% hp hits which I can at least react to.
I can't imagine doing this in high tier maps.
You guys should try Spell Suprpression. Scourge is mostly spells armour or evasion wont help.
"
gageris wrote:
I play RF character which is tanky by nature, and I get 1shoted/mili-seccond-shotted in T1-T3 scourages even at 20 stacks. Not to mention random 90% hp hits which I can at least react to.
I can't imagine doing this in high tier maps.

There is no such things as "tanky" in PoE anymore. Only way to feel tanky is to have defense layers in addition to clearing super fast. This way you reduce hits you take to bare minimum, and those that still hit, usuaslly wont kill you. If you are slow and everything hits you (and RF is super slow) no defence will save you.
"
Aynix wrote:
So your only defense is evade and in addition to that you have only 5k HP. Yeah, you will have a fun time in yellow maps, not to talk about red maps.

didnt list everything, but when you get the main stuff, u should be one shotted by easy part of maping, i have ghost dance which is giving me 3*500es (and 500es you forgot, which is another 2K life) i have steel skin (maxing it against big hits, so that proc another 2K hp, i have 50spell suppresion.

my issue is not with maps in general, my issue is the discrepancy of incoming damage between regular map content and scourge content and the pacing of it.

im not new to this game, even though i´m still considering myself a noob, I usualy end season with 96 lvl char with most of the content done (9t sirius, uber elder/shaper; maven farming etc.)
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Just curious.

When you talk about the damage how often have you switched into the nightmare.

As more often you do so the more damage they deal.

If you have problems surviving i would advice to switch lesss into the nightmare so the Scourge monsters do less damage.

For anyone not familiar yet.

As you enter the scourge nightmare multiple times you see a "buff" icon in the top left corner of your screen which describes how much more damage the scourge monsters deals with increased item quantity and rarity for items.

its not about how often, its about how long you stay there - 1 second = 1 stack

and those oneshots could be withing first encounter in scourge realm which is usualy below 30 stacks...
"
SoulPrisoner wrote:

my issue is not with maps in general, my issue is the discrepancy of incoming damage between regular map content and scourge content and the pacing of it.

Try 100% Spell Suppression you will see a remarkable difference in this endgame spell meta of incoming damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info