Fortify ?

its GGG point...
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
What TencentGGG point?

Low damage in REAL MELEE range builds that cap their damage for FUN via RT while not using asinine scaling on DoT/Crits and are fast hitting with "lesser" damage are BEYOND DEAD...

My Glad running RT MS can't get Fortify stacks on bosses, even though he can mainly manage face tanking them (so as much DPS time as possible).

My main dual wielding RT Jugg doesn't get Fortify stacks versus the real difficult content like bosses/Harvest overtuned monsters.

They both get Fortify stacks "easily" versus regular normal, magic and rare monsters...

Meanwhile, my Crit Berserker gets Fortify stacks "easily" versus that same content...

Also works for slammers that have enough damage.

Why did the Fortify rework failed the "Thousand Cuts" builds???

They should consider reverting this change even with the cost of having Fortify accessible to casters/ranged players, if STRIKE skills that hit fast with lower damage are neglected...

And stop pigeonholing us to Crit/DoT/EO as mandatory damage options...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Oct 25, 2021, 2:37:23 PM
They need to change it so that it counts damage dealth with a melee skill instead.

Use a melee skill, which applies a dot, or throw projectiles, which deals 500k dps = you are actually playing a melee skill therefore you should have an easy time maintaining fortify.

This ailment threshold doesnt work.

In delve depth 670 i could barely get over 8 stacks with a toon that averages 800k per hits.

The intent behind the fortify change was to make fortify accessible to melee and very hard to use on ranged or casters.

Right now the game's "recognition" of melee based on ailment threshold isn't the right way to detect wether a character is melee or not.
shoulda been a champion instead
Honestly, fast hitting builds have a HUGE advantage with life on hit, with some able to fill the life bar every second or more.

So then slow hitting builds generally have a lot of trouble, the leech per hit is very small, and the rate is small. They regen many times less than a LGOH monster.

So maybe it is intentional.
"
trixxar wrote:
Honestly, fast hitting builds have a HUGE advantage with life on hit, with some able to fill the life bar every second or more.

So then slow hitting builds generally have a lot of trouble, the leech per hit is very small, and the rate is small. They regen many times less than a LGOH monster.

So maybe it is intentional.

life recovery doesn't un-oneshot you tho
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
So when you do less damage don't you need fortify more because you're in harms way more? But now only slammers can get full on sirus? GGG got it backwards as usual with this "fix"
Git R Dun!
Fortify is broken for some melee builds.

Cyclone with poison and/or bleed? Forget it.

I'm saddened as this means: (1) GGG designers don't understand PoE melee or (2) GGG didn't listen to the community when this was clearly pointed out well ahead of launch or (3) play testing failed. Whatever the case, it's a bad sign for GGG.

PoE has really declined.
Last edited by BigFrog49 on Oct 28, 2021, 9:27:25 AM
maybe this is part of their plan to push melee out of the game?
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info