Last edited by Mabuz on Nov 14, 2021, 10:28:05 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2021, 11:58:00 AM
Not sure about traps, never played them since 2014 I think. IIRC they got nerfed in 3.16, so maybe that's why it feels bad for u, dunno.

I'm playing and very much enjoying my Wintertide Brand Occultist right now. Pretty good single target and clear speed. Defense will scale up aswell, so pretty pleased so far.
My Sunder Bleed/Impale character is starting to round the corner, just got to Act 9 but Bleed Explosions plus Impaler keystone is super nice with sunder. I'm just finding it hard to get everything that I want.. not enough skill points, so I'm trying to cut certain things out.
Picked Static Strike Zerker and regret it, as expected.

Also i think that i can't even get my go to weapon this league?

No Plateu Map = No Poporo boss = No Stormwall (Prophecy)?
Playing poison concotion, quite fun.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Playing a crappy build for the fun of it. Lightning Strike/Stormbrand Inquisitor.
As a trapper main my advice to you is stack some trap throw speed and get into the habit of spamming traps even if the screen is clear, gotta predict mob direction and start front loading your traps. Traps are not instant like spells but they can be stacked for huge burst. As for myself I wanted to try Rf this league, kinda regret not going traps.
RF trickster. It's everything I was hoping for so far. Having an absolute blast!
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Oct 24, 2021, 1:28:30 PM
i started with bane and its okish , but i think i switch to essence drain because there are like 10000000 mobs in scourge in maps
I started with the infamous poison tornado shot occultist. Played cold DoT all the way until I was done with campaign because I don't really like brands/cremation (and the TS guide I was following had no leveling details.) The cold DoTs were doing good work even though my tree was set up for poison TS outside of the first starter nodes. I had a lucky ex drop so when I transitioned to poison TS I was already able to afford Darkscorn.

LOL even with Darkscorn it was hands down the worst starter build I've ever played. Saw the video of the streamer failing to kill the act 7 boss later and realized he just made everything up. The Profane Bloom explosions were what was hard carrying the build, not the poison TS. I'm a little salty that I got bamboozled so badly.

Luckily by the time I logged in again Darkscorn had raised in price so the price difference allowed me to buy more regrets than I otherwise would've been able to afford. Decided that since cold DoT was pretty great in campaign I would follow the famous ShakCentral cold DoT guide. It was pretty smooth even though I felt squishy at first. Tainted Fusings allowed me to get an easy 6L Shav's and the damage/survivability in yellow maps is quite good. Very good, albeit ethical build.

My main problem is that no explosions/proliferation = inconsistent scourge clearing. I want to run, pop pack, run, pop pack. Vortex leaves stragglers. Thought about using Profane Proxy or something else to curse trash mobs so that I can spec Profane Bloom and pop them but meh. The league mechanic isn't interesting enough to make me want to mess with it. I'm about done playing for the league.

If I could do it all over I would've picked CF glad and chilled in low maps farming or I would've picked seismic Sabo and progressed atlas to T16s ASAP. If I could do it half over I would've switched my tree to Bane occultist or ignite elementalist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info