Story time; rip energy blades

Planned a FUN build. No goals other than nice dps and fast mapping.
Inquisitor, crit staff helix, had some really nice pob tree planned, dps looks good. No energy blades in preview ofc, did it before the league started.

So now I got him some gear and all the stuff after farming it on the side with my main. Started the templar, got to 24, slam in discipline, energy blades.

Dps dropped from 1400 to 700. Excuse me? Yup.
Naturally I assumed that energy blades would buff the main weapon, I mean look at the fucking trouble and investment of having to blow 80% es away for a little added lightning dmg to attacks, sacrificing so many points and other stats on gear and the tree, right?

Nah man... you ONLY get that lightning dmg. Nothing else. Everything you have, removed. Only that tiny fucking garbage lightning dmg blade attack.
Absolute GARBAGE skill.
So much investment should make energy blades give you whatever amount it converts from es into lightning dmg ON TOP OF WHATEVER YOU ARE RUNNING as default.

Had 2 mill 90% lightning conversion 66%crit 500%multi sweet helix dreams with 3aps maybe 3dragon mask on top for all shock = permafreeze, living the dream, waited days to try it out thinking it actually only ADDS dmg on top, getting me to 3-4-5 mill dps but nope. MEGA. FLOP.

Sad.
But hey at least I found out soon already, instead of only a week in into the build or something...

*edit*

If you didn't get it, you get ten times more dps by picking flat added lightning dmg on rings, amu, gear, jewels, take back all ES nodes on tree, put them into life+ dmg, you gain so much more life, defenses and total dps by NOT using energy blades and not investing in it.

WHO DESIGNED THIS TOP TIER DOGSHIT BAIT SKILL?
Totally BAITED and betrayed.
Lured in by lies.
Who the fuck looks at EB and thinks this is comparable to anything??
It pales to ANYTHING else you do. Literally 2 link firetrap is better than this shit.

Just a meme skill for whoever wants to roleplay as jedi.... tssh
Last edited by OneTwoTimer on Oct 24, 2021, 8:19:33 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2021, 5:37:50 AM
The gem literally says it replaces your weapon. You used staff tree for a sword. You also need to build around that skill. You didnt. What did you expect?
"
kuciol wrote:
The gem literally says it replaces your weapon. You used staff tree for a sword. You also need to build around that skill. You didnt. What did you expect?

I expected it to work like a herald, or wrath aura, something that takes basically ALL my es, and turns it into lightning dmg, ADDED on top of my attack skills, since it A) takes ALL MY FUCKING ES and needs TONS OF it to result in any amount that can come even close to competing vs flat mods on gear
and B) it requires insane investment to get high ES, resulting in overall lowered defensive layers across the board.

So yeamy bad for using common fucking sense in approaching this dogshit GARBAGE skill.

If it was a buff layer like wrath or a herald, it would barely be usable.
But as it is now, absolutely fucking useless.
Unless you got ultimate knowledge of all items and a 100 ex budget to build some dual wielding spectral throw pure lightning frost blade, with 5000% added + more lightning dmg off the tree and other totally niche nerd shit.

And I don't care about the weapon changing into a sword, that part is clear, it doesn't matter if I got a staff axe or your mums dildo, doesn't stop me from using spectral helix. Which they too should change into a cosmetic thing only, so people can use the vaal slam skills they want with staves.

But hey what do I know, another genius crap gem added to the useless garbage heap.
Last edited by OneTwoTimer on Oct 24, 2021, 8:47:41 AM
Well, if it is like Infinity Blades in Wolcen...should use weapon stats iirc. If not - then my new guess would be we need spell/lightning/sword tags and passives to work with Energy Blade; say sword tag cuz it transform weapon into energy sword. But if EB doesnt use weapon stats then wtf is his base speed and crit, also how much investment would be needed to work?- And the skill is brand new, gotta be even better than in next leagues, wtf?! I planned to try it out but now i will think twice and hope it doesnt require one of those ugly weird unique item combos that leave no space for changes depending the playstyle of the player.
Slow down for a minute to enjoy the beauty around us.
I didn't understand it and it doesn't do what I want it to do. Clearly, it's garbage.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
the big question here is if the weapon mods affect the aded damage, like if we have hand of wisdom or pillar of the caged god we get extra bonus stacking int

or how will iron will keystone interact with it, its a spell but adds attack damage.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Oct 24, 2021, 10:29:23 AM
Low end it will be a bad skill, ofcourse...

But top end with ridiculous gear investment, energy blade will probably deliver some of the highest possible dps in the entire game.

Give it some weeks and you'll see what streamers will do with it.
"
OneTwoTimer wrote:

I expected it to work like a herald, or wrath aura, something that takes basically ALL my es, and turns it into lightning dmg, ADDED on top of my attack skills, since it A) takes ALL MY FUCKING ES and needs TONS OF it to result in any amount that can come even close to competing vs flat mods on gear
and B) it requires insane investment to get high ES, resulting in overall lowered defensive layers across the board.

So yeamy bad for using common fucking sense in approaching this dogshit GARBAGE skill.

If it was a buff layer like wrath or a herald, it would barely be usable.
But as it is now, absolutely fucking useless.
Unless you got ultimate knowledge of all items and a 100 ex budget to build some dual wielding spectral throw pure lightning frost blade, with 5000% added + more lightning dmg off the tree and other totally niche nerd shit.

And I don't care about the weapon changing into a sword, that part is clear, it doesn't matter if I got a staff axe or your mums dildo, doesn't stop me from using spectral helix. Which they too should change into a cosmetic thing only, so people can use the vaal slam skills they want with staves.

But hey what do I know, another genius crap gem added to the useless garbage heap.

What common sense? You didnt read what the gem does. Your fault 100%. Even in the reveal they stated that it replaces your weapon. There wasnt even a hint that it would be buff.
Wondering how you did blow 80% ES away when Energy Blade only burns 50% ES.
Is this a troll, or just willfully admittance of OP not understanding mechanics and reading comprehension.

I'm sorry, not to be rude but you kind of get what you planned for as the second poster pointed out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info