Story time; rip energy blades

"
OneTwoTimer wrote:
"
Clyan wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It literally says that it will replace your weapon with a sword. Geez.

It says "transform", which is not to be confused with "replace". From the wording one has to expect the weapon to be "transformed" and therefor keeping its stats.

But whatever. I'm curious to see a reliable build using it.

Thank you!

Most likely anyone assumed our weapons were "enhanced" or "forged with lightning" by this buff, since it does say "transform" and not "replace".

But as Shags mistakenly quoted the gem, it actually would be better if the gem said "REPLACES your weapons (with a generic lightning based weapon template), which it literally does.

Saying "transforms" leaves too much room for missunderstandings, since transformers transform, and they are still the same mass and material, just their visual look and shape changes, giving them new abilities and functionality.

"Transmutes" your weapons into energy blades also would have been much clearer. Just bad choice in wording.

I mean if a spectral throw skill says "throws your weapon" nobody assumes you throw it once and you have to buy a new one because your hands are literally empty now? Just an example about how differently words can be interpreted.
I know all spectral skills say "throws a COPY of your weapon" so that removes any second guessing.

But yeah, if anyone is interested, now that I realised how it works, I redid my gear, all flat lightning dmg on jewelery, wake boots 1-120 dmg, focus on cutting aura costs, wrath, thunder herald, full ES gear (better so far, can't run disc yet), and at lvl 30 dualwielding 5k - 6k buffed dps. It's really good. And with 3dragon mask = all shocks = freeze.

I still have a big gripe with this skill though, literally deleting all stats on weapons. Huge loss of res, dual wielding aurumvox, all res dropped -120%.
Can you at least fix this and let us keep all stats, mods, buffs and perks from weapons? Or would this break dps if someone dualwielded some influenced 50-500 lightning dmg, +50% ele dmg turbo blades +999% crit shit?

It's confusing having to make a "both hands empty" build. You have to flip EB on and off to see your real stats.

Scale down total dmg on EB, enough to allow us to use weapons as stat/buff sticks if possible, would be a way better approach.
I mean sure it's nice to kill uber sirius with ....two lvl 1 white shanks? I guess?

I was thinking about making a melee build with Witch using EB, but im not really good at creating builds. For example, can i use a sword, turn on EB and use double strike?
double strike uses the weapons base dmg, so i suppose it will be lightning automatically... but it also has physical dmg against bleeding enemies. can i convert that dmg into lightning? probably not i suppose... also to get the extra dmg i need to get the enemies to bleed and on witch bleed isn't close on the passive tree anywhere. so i would use chance to bleed with it i think... is this even a viable idea?
Last edited by Clyan on Oct 25, 2021, 9:02:32 AM
"
For example, can i use a sword, turn on EB and use double strike?

Yes.
"

double strike uses the weapons base dmg, so i suppose it will be lightning automatically...

Yes.
"

but it also has physical dmg against bleeding enemies. can i convert that dmg into lightning? probably not i suppose...

With nodes from the tree or item, yes. Not inherently from EB + Double Strike.
"

also to get the extra dmg i need to get the enemies to bleed and on witch bleed isn't close on the passive tree anywhere. so i would use chance to bleed with it i think... is this even a viable idea?

You'd need a second skill or added physical damage to actually inflict bleed with "EB Double Strike" because only physical damage can inflict bleeding (and since bleed damage is 70% (still) / 210% (moving) of the physical damage that caused it, the bleed damage would likely be close to negligible.
Last edited by Solonafir on Oct 25, 2021, 9:21:10 AM
Since they dont explain their skill on the official forum but on reddit, mistakes are made ...
"
Solonafir wrote:
"

Yes.
"

double strike uses the weapons base dmg, so i suppose it will be lightning automatically...

Yes.
"

but it also has physical dmg against bleeding enemies. can i convert that dmg into lightning? probably not i suppose...

"

also to get the extra dmg i need to get the enemies to bleed and on witch bleed isn't close on the passive tree anywhere. so i would use chance to bleed with it i think... is this even a viable idea?

You'd need a second skill or added physical damage to actually inflict bleed with "EB Double Strike" because only physical damage can inflict bleeding (and since bleed damage is 70% (still) / 210% (moving) of the physical damage that caused it, the bleed damage would likely be close to negligible.

Thanks.
Well I wouldn't care about the bleed dmg itself, but i could abuse it for increased dmg. For example I could get bloodletting via anoint. But yeah, it's just an idea. This will probably turn out to be a trash build like the last one i tried XD
Best way is most likely stacking ES obviously, then "lucky dmg on non-crit hits" lightning mastery because the dmg range is insane and just have enough crit to trigger EO reliably.

Doryani´s Prototype chest and stack negative lightnig res all the way down to -200 res which is affecting all nearby enemies, then add a Glorious Vanity for Divine Flesh and another source to convert the remaining 50% lightning dmg taken to an element (used to be Talismans and those are gone), so your terrible res doesnt affect you.

As hipster as it can be and probably not worth it, but should be fun anyways ;)
"
Clyan wrote:
"
Solonafir wrote:
"

Yes.
"

Yes.
"

"

Thanks.
Well I wouldn't care about the bleed dmg itself, but i could abuse it for increased dmg. For example I could get bloodletting via anoint. But yeah, it's just an idea. This will probably turn out to be a trash build like the last one i tried XD

Its not as hard as people think it is... There's so many work arounds. I've found that heavy investment into Auras helps.

Also Spec helix is most likely the best skill because of how much it buffs the damage from Energy Blade.

You COULD try Spectral Sheild Throw too... Because it adds weapon damage to the attack. It also adds what ever Armor from your shield.

Then you convert the phys to lightning. Go SHOCKS best way for damage outputs.
My Trickster Energy Blade, Charged Dash build is ripping up shit!
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info