Story time; rip energy blades

"
OneTwoTimer wrote:
Totally BAITED and betrayed.
Lured in by lies.

No one lied to you. You literally didn't even bother to learn about the skill you chose to use before making a build around it. All the info you needed was revealed well before the league even launched, and you didn't bother reading.
Everyone slamming the OP and saying "oh maybe some streamer will do something crazy" but no one making any arguments that EB is anything other than trash.
Because we know it requires crazy gear. We dont deny that its bad. But op blames the game for his own stupidity. He didnt even bother to read the skill gem.
It literally says that it will replace your weapon with a sword. Geez.
'im wearing a sword and took all these sword attack nodes, why does my arc attack do such dogshit damage'

because arc is a spell.

thats exactly what happened here.
"
trixxar wrote:
Everyone slamming the OP and saying "oh maybe some streamer will do something crazy"

No, we're slamming the OP for literally not even understanding the skill he was trying to build around, streamer screamer whatever.
"
OneTwoTimer wrote:
"
kuciol wrote:
The gem literally says it replaces your weapon. You used staff tree for a sword. You also need to build around that skill. You didnt. What did you expect?

I expected it to work like a herald, or wrath aura, something that takes basically ALL my es, and turns it into lightning dmg, ADDED on top of my attack skills, since it A) takes ALL MY FUCKING ES and needs TONS OF it to result in any amount that can come even close to competing vs flat mods on gear
and B) it requires insane investment to get high ES, resulting in overall lowered defensive layers across the board.

So yeamy bad for using common fucking sense in approaching this dogshit GARBAGE skill.

If it was a buff layer like wrath or a herald, it would barely be usable.
But as it is now, absolutely fucking useless.
Unless you got ultimate knowledge of all items and a 100 ex budget to build some dual wielding spectral throw pure lightning frost blade, with 5000% added + more lightning dmg off the tree and other totally niche nerd shit.

And I don't care about the weapon changing into a sword, that part is clear, it doesn't matter if I got a staff axe or your mums dildo, doesn't stop me from using spectral helix. Which they too should change into a cosmetic thing only, so people can use the vaal slam skills they want with staves.

But hey what do I know, another genius crap gem added to the useless garbage heap.

using it now... Here is how it works.

It DOES NOT give two craps if you have Phys Damage so Forget ALL SKILLs that have any type of Conversion. Period.

The skill Is Pigeon Holed. Meaning it doesn't work well with many melee attack skills at all. You have to use skills that excel at WEAPON DAMAGE for their damage. Things like Reave, Spec Helix, Spec Throw. Thats really about it.

ES Gives it a lot of its damage, Wrath works for giving it damage. Nothing really links to the skill which is a problem I guess.. No other nodes on the tree will work accept for attack nodes which work with the current skill using the weapon.

Now, Inquisitor can work very very well... in fact im on the fence with it, but i still may take Hierophant because I wan't a tanky mc tank tank end game, although it may not work.

Also... now that I REALLY see the skill A Chieftain would be nuts... just absolutely insane with all that flat fire Damage.

So far... Niche skill Very Niche.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It says "transform", which is not to be confused with "replace". From the wording one has to expect the weapon to be "transformed" and therefor keeping its stats.

But whatever. I'm curious to see a reliable build using it.
Ive being looking for all info on ES to build around it, made some good trees, but no one is better than just going HoWA. Even GGG made a big buff to it 12 hours before release, but this skill was born dead.

The skill replacing your weapon makes no sence, there is no real incentive to building around it. If they made it a little bit stronger it could, with real investiment be better than budget builds, but thats not the case here.

The skill still needs more interaction so it can be more fun. Look at the new tempest shield, i could build around it for days and have good builds, that is a nice skill.

"
Clyan wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

It says "transform", which is not to be confused with "replace". From the wording one has to expect the weapon to be "transformed" and therefor keeping its stats.

But whatever. I'm curious to see a reliable build using it.

Thank you!

Most likely anyone assumed our weapons were "enhanced" or "forged with lightning" by this buff, since it does say "transform" and not "replace".

But as Shags mistakenly quoted the gem, it actually would be better if the gem said "REPLACES your weapons (with a generic lightning based weapon template), which it literally does.

Saying "transforms" leaves too much room for missunderstandings, since transformers transform, and they are still the same mass and material, just their visual look and shape changes, giving them new abilities and functionality.

"Transmutes" your weapons into energy blades also would have been much clearer. Just bad choice in wording.

I mean if a spectral throw skill says "throws your weapon" nobody assumes you throw it once and you have to buy a new one because your hands are literally empty now? Just an example about how differently words can be interpreted.
I know all spectral skills say "throws a COPY of your weapon" so that removes any second guessing.

But yeah, if anyone is interested, now that I realised how it works, I redid my gear, all flat lightning dmg on jewelery, wake boots 1-120 dmg, focus on cutting aura costs, wrath, thunder herald, full ES gear (better so far, can't run disc yet), and at lvl 30 dualwielding 5k - 6k buffed dps. It's really good. And with 3dragon mask = all shocks = freeze.

I still have a big gripe with this skill though, literally deleting all stats on weapons. Huge loss of res, dual wielding aurumvox, all res dropped -120%.
Can you at least fix this and let us keep all stats, mods, buffs and perks from weapons? Or would this break dps if someone dualwielded some influenced 50-500 lightning dmg, +50% ele dmg turbo blades +999% crit shit?

It's confusing having to make a "both hands empty" build. You have to flip EB on and off to see your real stats.

Scale down total dmg on EB, enough to allow us to use weapons as stat/buff sticks if possible, would be a way better approach.
I mean sure it's nice to kill uber sirius with ....two lvl 1 white shanks? I guess?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info