⭐ Your Scourge Final Impressions? ⭐ ⋆Updated⋆

"
I've been enjoying it so far, although I agree that the scourge areas seem a bit to bare sometimes and the timer goes away too quickly.

I think scourging items has been fun for leveling. Lots of bases turned into semi-usable items with extra mods.

More often than not though the scourged items aren't very useful, and occasionally the scourge bad mods exactly cancel out the good mods, making for a good laugh.

But if scourging items is all there is to the league, well then this may get old quickly.

That bow doesn't makes sense to me...deal 8-24 chaos damage....deal no chaos damage....why all the double talk on items...so friggin confusing.
"
fuzzyrat1234 wrote:
"
I've been enjoying it so far, although I agree that the scourge areas seem a bit to bare sometimes and the timer goes away too quickly.

I think scourging items has been fun for leveling. Lots of bases turned into semi-usable items with extra mods.

More often than not though the scourged items aren't very useful, and occasionally the scourge bad mods exactly cancel out the good mods, making for a good laugh.

But if scourging items is all there is to the league, well then this may get old quickly.

That bow doesn't makes sense to me...deal 8-24 chaos damage....deal no chaos damage....why all the double talk on items...so friggin confusing.

It's not meant to make sense... It's chaotic, and sometimes the mods cancel each other out.
- here's my sig
Seems OK to me.

Running a Minion Guardian. I am running every scourge to try to build the scourge tree. Once I have that built out, then i think i can better judge the crafting mechanic. Having a 15% chance to add a gem slot and a 15% chance to add a link to the largest grouping seems OK - maybe. Also being able to impact the tiers seems good.

It's weird that you can run scourge events in the labyrinth.

Definitely getting more monsters in late act3. But I am trying to pick larger open areas, or areas where there normally are a lot of monsters. If monsters can't normally spawn in an area then the scourge nightmare won't spawn monsters either.

I'm curious to find out what happens when the little zone scourge buff hits 100% (meaning 100% increased damage from event and 100% increased drops). I'm guessing that would possibly unlock something.

I took a good portion of last league off, so i'm not as burned as I was last league.

I like the new tree.

7 out of 10 from me - might go up if end game content is much better might go down if the scourge mechanic doesn't produce at least one decent craft before level 80.
I'm farming OG for the first few days to let things settle out and the early fixes get put in place. No disconnects in the TS at all.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Keeps crashing so..
"

#6 Negative - Scourging items was advertised heavily as a 'multi-tiered system', but I cannot figure out how to get my scourge items to tier 2 or 3. There is no progress bar after the first upgrade, and it is not explained well. Because of this, it is not recommended to scourge any gear you're not okay with bricking. If you only get one chance to scourge it (currently that is how it works, probably a bug), there is a high likelihood it will brick and be unusable.

Just hang in there? Starting around ilvl 45 you can begin dropping tier 2 scourge, and upgrading to tier 2 scourge.
It is not fun.

This is a power fantasy, and everything is continually nerfed.

Prediction, right here, will reference in 2 months to see if I was right.

Lowest player retention in past 5 leagues including terrible Expedition league.

I mean at this point, is it not clear that Chris probably has to go or this game continues downward trend? Im honestly not even trying to be dramatic.

He has a clear vision, it is not one players are embracing (by the numbers, not my opinion). If Im wrong this league will have AWESOME numbers and I will humbly admit it.

But, if Im right, how long does Tencent/GGG let this just keep bleeding.
Last edited by trixxar on Oct 23, 2021, 12:01:39 AM
probly first unrewardy league ever ? u keep killing stuff that is it nothing else :D
I mean in this league you seem to literally get more rewards by simply completely ignoring the league mechanic. You will do ... about 20, 30% more content if you ignore it?

That is far better than the rewards so far.

Its like giving weak crack to a gambling addict. They might like it because its risky and new, but its garbage in the end.
Game crashes frequently just when clicking on portals on the map (U).
The mechanics and the mobs of the league are nice, reminds of a doom-style abyss, as expected.
So far.... good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info