[3.17] Havoc209's Low Life Occultist | Essence Drain | Very Beginner Friendly

trying this build out this season, it is not beginner friendly imo i've never had anywhere this near of deaths, struggling to hit level 70. this build is so squishy you have to clear off map if u want to get through a map without deaths, very frustrating to deal with
Agreed, this build does seem very very squishy, how are you surviving so well before CI/LL. I'm Sitting at ~4k EHP with the ES/HP split about 50/50. If an enemy sneezes on me I'll generally die :\ The damage is very nice, survivability...not so much.
starting this as well and never had this many deaths. Struggled to act 10 as i'm too stubborn to start over, but extremely squishy.
I see that you took the +1 gem mastery at the cost of 10% life and energy per cast.
I'm making the switch to lowlife and I realize that we can kill ourselves that way and we have little way to regenerate life.
Am I doing something wrong or else
Thank you.
I am not a super experience poe player, neither a noob(400hours played). This build does IMO not classify as noob-friendly.

I would say the layout of the guide and so on is easy to follow and beginner-friendly. But the playstyle of this build is just way too focused on offense and close to no defensive skills, which makes this a death-filled experience.

I modified it to evasion, by sacrificing offensive skills, but still have a long way to go before I feel it's in a good place.
"
Benshin wrote:
I am not a super experience poe player, neither a noob(400hours played). This build does IMO not classify as noob-friendly.

I would say the layout of the guide and so on is easy to follow and beginner-friendly. But the playstyle of this build is just way too focused on offense and close to no defensive skills, which makes this a death-filled experience.

I modified it to evasion, by sacrificing offensive skills, but still have a long way to go before I feel it's in a good place.

If you do find a way to make this build not feel super squishy please let me/us know :D
Where are the curses? I dont see any, neither in the gem section nor on rings for example
NOT beginner friendly.
I am also struggling to see how the extra curse is used after we drop Bane.
Not many other posts here, so I'll give some feedback on this in regards to the beginner friendlyness.

I've played this to maps now, and while it is quite squishy, I haven't died to often. It works great on bosses, as long as you are carefull you can kill mobs quick and efficient. I did not buy new equipment in Act 5-6, as the guide recommends. In fact, I haven't bought anything yet, but that hasn't been a big problem. What I've found has been plenty good enough.

Unfortunately, there is one area where this build struggles greatly; Heist. Even heists 10-15 levels below me are very very difficult, and there is a very limited amount of these. Heist at your own level is virtually impossible as you are immidiatly swamped once the alarm goes. I was hoping to focus a bit on Heists this league as I haven't done that many of them before, but I'll have to give up that idea.

To conclude, this is ok for beginners as of yet, but I'll add some more info when I've tried maps for a bit and hopefully transitioned to CI.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info