Been playing Last Epoch and Wolcen recently. Anyone else?

"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
I really don't like the crafting in LE. "Here's a big list of the mods you can afford, pick the ones you want" is just so bland.

But getting high tier affixes isn't easy. Sure you can get the mods you want but you can fracture ur item and be stuck with low tier mods.

I actually find myself looking at magic items hoping for 2 high tier mods so I can craft 2 more without fracturing my item.

I like it.

You're right the inbuilt gambling sim (fracture) can brick it even with 80% chance sometimes (watched Alk rolling his eyes).

But MrCrocodile is right. The whole crafting experience in LE is boring and bland.
You basically collect all shards for mods or fracture them. Then select from a list and spam upgrade-button till it maybe dont bricks.

Thats all of LE crafting.

In LE mainly the system decides the outcome with its % chance if it gets a +1 or maybe +2 to an affix.

Dont get me wrong in PoE the system also decides with its RNG of various orbs but in LE its very basic and the whole crafting needs lots of fine tuning to make it work in multiplayer.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Oct 12, 2021, 2:38:59 AM
Played a bit of Last Epoch and... yeah tried Wolcen. I've seen Wolcen go through a lot of changed towards its release on steam and I had an okay time with it. Cutscenes were great as the other party members sort of just stand around in the background. That was just hilarious for my friends and I. I remember it having a lot of issues and bugs but nothing that made me outright stop playing then and there. Other than that I didn't get too deep into it.

Last Epoch I had a better time with. Not exactly at the end game or mid game I suppose as I'm around level 30. Crafting seems to be good on paper (I haven't really fiddled with it much other than making side-grades to gear.) and the whole totem/idols buffs in that small inventory grid seems neat. Looking forward to seeing the game being completed as what is offered now I enjoy.

Though on the side of those two games I sometimes just drift back to Grim Dawn. I guess I just sort of enjoy mindlessly beating on waves on monsters in the Crucible DLC.

Until well the next league starts for PoE.
To accept a challenge from the Void is merely suicide for the unprepared.
I like LE's crafting exactly because it is simple. I am not here to "learn" how to craft and thankfully POE circumvents this thanks to trading. Now imagine a game which forces you to learn complicating crafting without allowing you to trade. I wouldn't be playing it. Although it makes me wonder if that would make it more or less popular overall.

I keep going back to Last Epoch occasionally, I can't play it much though. I dunno why. I really like literally everything about it, but I just can't get into it. It bums me out a bit, it seems like it'd be really sweet at the very end of endgame.

I think it's because of how vague the gearing is. Basically right from the start of the game to a good bit into the end game you're just spammed with upgrades. They're rarely ever for what you're building too, it's just generally better stuff. Makes it not feel as much as you're working on a character as much as just waiting for things to drop that give you better numbers.
Dont know about wolcen but i am interested in trying Last Epoch out, D2:Disconnected got old pretty fast.
"
Dont know about wolcen but i am interested in trying Last Epoch out, D2:Disconnected got old pretty fast.

wolcen is far more polished but the end game is stale as fuck
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
LE is nice, played it for a while and saving it for when they get out of early access (multiplay & trade).

Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:
LE is nice, played it for a while and saving it for when they get out of early access (multiplay & trade).

i just hit 80 on my void knight enjoying it quite a bit just got a new wep finally after using same wep since level 65

started a druid now cus i wanna be a fucking bear
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
I suggest waiting. I believe they will rework Druid in the next patch.
There's quiet a lot coming in 8.4. As already mentioned the Druid rework (I love the Spriggan form). Also, crafting updates, the Dungeon system (not much known), New character models, Legendary items, Eternity Cache and more. Just keeps getting better.

0.8.4 and Beyond

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info