Will it ever be multiplayer friendly again?

For GGG:

Now that Aura stackers are nerfed (or dead), will you improve the game for ethical (since you considered aura stack unethical) group play or keep being hostile to group play?

My thoughts:

Although I never played an aurastacker, I really see PoE as a multiplayer game just for few pontual moments. Recently, in my experience, it's consistency at multiplayer rely only at trading.

The game itself is already hard for the majority of players. When it comes to group, the game is even harder.

I used to play it with friends, but guess what? They all quit, league by league. They said it wasn't fun anymore nor worth the time.

The last drop was Atlas progression just counting for the map owner when it comes to conquerors and Sirus.

Now nerf after nerf and you just don't give a f*** about making game better for casual players who likes to play with their friends and progress together.

That's why you keep losing players, even though releasing new content - while New World and D2R are full of people playing and having fun together.

This game keeps being more focused on competitive solo stuff, so I guess that is fair enough that only players interested in that will be happy: a "multiplayer" game with mostly singleplay players (sorry about the redundancy).

Played since 2013 (when it had only 3 acts and Dominus was the endgame content) but I guess it's not for me anymore (or for a while now, I was just too stubborn to accept it).

Anyway, since it is feedback and suggestion, this was just my point of view.

Have fun and good luck, exiles!

I hope PoE 2 will have another approach.
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2021, 4:40:17 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agreed

If it isn't going to be focused on party play it should just be a single player game instead of an online game.

It being a single player game would also open it up for modders to make it fit peoples ideal of what the game should be like better any way... more challenging bosses modded in for the hard core solo players that seem to control the ear of chris.
While also allowing the rest of us to bring harvest back as it should be.
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
"
The last drop was Atlas progression just counting for the map owner when it comes to conquerors and Sirus.

I stopped party play because of these things. Do a trial in a party and only 1 offering drops for 6 players..

When the game becomes party friendly again i'll stop playing single player.
It was more fun to play with a party after all but not when you can't progress things and get drops you normally would.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"

I stopped party play because of these things. Do a trial in a party and only 1 offering drops for 6 players..

only 1 offering for the party is fine since that is the amount for a full party to enter lab as well
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"

only 1 offering for the party is fine since that is the amount for a full party to enter lab as well

You're focusing on a single point and missing the big picture.
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
"
KiaKun wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:
"

It's the same for conquerors, why should a 6 man party be able to do 6x Sirius while only do 1x the 4 conquerors?

"
KiaKun wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

You're focusing on a single point and missing the big picture.

any boss or encounter only needs 1x entry cost for a full 6 player party

partyplay already gives huge bonuses allowing them to do bosses 6 times for 1x investment would kill soloplay
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
"

maybe if you play with friends. not so much if you do it with a pick up group.

not everyone is interested in jumping into lab as soon as the party leader finds an offering.

what's more likely to happen and always happens is that the group continues mapping and then party disbands and the leader takes the offering with him. or you ignore the trials you find because everyone knows it's only gonna drop 1 offering for the leader.

so yeah it doesn't work at all in normal multiplayer hence i go solo.

"
ciel289 wrote:

partyplay already gives huge bonuses allowing them to do bosses 6 times for 1x investment would kill soloplay

doesn't give any huge bonuses at all. everything both loot and monsters scale with player numbers and it's not like party play has been very popular these past 10 years. but i suppose we can go another 10 years as is.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 16, 2021, 3:11:34 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

doesn't give any huge bonuses at all. everything both loot and monsters scale with player numbers and it's not like party play has been very popular these past 10 years. but i suppose we can go another 10 years as is.

xou even said it yourself

everything scales with player numbers

to make it easy so you can understand it

1 player runs 1 map
he has to pay 100% of the mapcost

2+ players run a 1 map
they have 50% or less of the mapcost

this makes a huge amount of difference when you start running t14+ maps and fully roll them

on top of this l ower entry cost,players buff each other with auras/curses and not all monster/boss skills are focused on other party member
this means players have to dodge a lot less and have a much higher uptime on dps
Agreed. Multiplayer needs a lot of improvement.

This game's really not designed to bring in and keep newer players. My playgroup lost interest in this game pretty quickly. POE is pretty much a single-player game that requires an online connection.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info