Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Your build was OP for years and your surprised it is finally nerfed.
You call them out of touch because your build is nerfed, lol.
Say this with me: this is just a game. Breath in and out slowly and move on. Thank me later for the tip.
"
whood wrote:
"
Irorone wrote:

Then realize that same build has more RNG, more gearing, and a bigger price tag, THAN ALL THE OTHER BULLSHIT IN THIS GAME THAT DOESN'T EVEN REQUIRE A SECOND PLAYER TO COORDINATE WITH YOU TO BE VIABLE.

"oh he can carry an entire party of leechers on a juiced map"
DEAR GOD NOBODY TELL THIS MAN ABOUT THE BUILDS THAT CAN JOIN SAID LEECHERS KILL THE BOSS SOLO WITH NO AURABOT BUFFS IN SECONDS AND LEAVE.

DEAD. ASS. a basic bitch build with HEADHUNTER as the only expensive piece can DO EVERYTHING YOU JUST WHINGED ABOUT.

Omg you're mad. Show me a cheap build with HH carrying a juiced 6man map without an aurabot.

Compared to a geared aura stacker, which is what they're basing the changes on by the way, HEADHUNTER IS CHEAP.

A good headhunter build? 2-3 Mirros on the high end.
A high end aura stacker? Try about 4 times the above.

And why are they nerfing the aurastacker?
Because the aura stacker makes the headhunter MULTIPLE TIMES AS EFFECTIVE.

So yeah, seeing as I bought 100$+ in aura skins over the years you bet I'm mad that THIS is the rationale behind making my purchase unusable for the original intent.

You can bet I'm mad, but I'm rather quickly passing into "why give a shit/why ever give GGG my money again/why even play" status when basically this shitshow is quickly turning into D3 all over again.
"
daco222 wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

Welcome to POE, just play other build, about your gear, they have like 4 years of not nerfing aurastacking builds, its time to nerf that thing.

BS aurastackers were "meta" outside of party play for HALF a league and GGG has regularly made changes to reduce the number of auras people use.

Nerf the support builds you might as well rename POE to Cyclone Bot Simulator 9000, because THAT is where that train ends.
nvm game's dead :)
Last edited by mirificel on Oct 9, 2021, 6:14:36 PM
"
McJaaq wrote:

Sorry to answer short, I'm mobile, but check how much of the planned efficiency would be needed instead of reduced reservation to cover a part of auras compared to before, the graphs are out there. To me it looked like 1000+ efficiency might cover 90% of the RMR function, so pretty much not gonna happen. And all that to limit the influnce of bots affecting team members...

Ok thanks for that answer:
Auras a stacker needs are (afaik) at least

Dmg:
Zealotry 50%
Hatred 50%
Wrath 50%
Haste 50%
Precision (flat so estimate at 20%?)

Res:
3xPurity 3x35%

Def:
Discipline 35%
Grace 50%
Vitality (est. 20%)
Clarity (est. 20%)

which is 450% reservation in total
now if i understand the new reservation correctly we can calculate the total reservation of an aura after reduction by
total_reservation_after_reduction = raw_reservation/(1+reservation_efficiency)
lets assume 150% aura-reservation-efficiency (9x2x8=144) from small clusters with 35% mod (not even counting reservation-efficiency on tree)

that will come to
Dmg:
Zealotry 20%
Hatred 20%
Wrath 20%
Haste 20%
Precision 8%

Res:
3xPurity 3x14%
Def:
Discipline 14%
Grace 20%
Vitality 8%
Clarity 8%

which comes to 166% (Edit: ofc its 180% xD, but still fits) total reservation to be split on life and mana (the new clusters grant universal reservation-efficiency, right?)
i think it would fit quite well, or did i forget some auras or did the calculations wrong (its honestly quite hard to figure out what they mean in that reservation section without a proper formula)?
Last edited by lamaikyl on Oct 9, 2021, 6:31:07 PM
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

damn dude, 10 mirrors ohh no, and this toxic community won't cry with you ohh no, let's all ask GGG to balance the game around you and the other 5 people playing standard :)) coz it's all about you isn't it?
"
mirificel wrote:

damn dude, 10 mirrors ohh no, and this toxic community won't cry with you ohh no, let's all ask GGG to balance the game around you and the other 5 people playing standard :)) coz it's all about you isn't it?

proving my point, anyways, standard is about 20% of the playerbase.
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
"
mirificel wrote:

Yeah, people should give feedback based on other people's experience instead of their own, because that makes sense and is possible...
standard life matter
"
mastag wrote:
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Your build was OP for years and your surprised it is finally nerfed.
You call them out of touch because your build is nerfed, lol.
Say this with me: this is just a game. Breath in and out slowly and move on. Thank me later for the tip.

"OP for years" if by that you mean was gutted once already during delirium league (meaning it was only "OP" for like a couple months), and then again in post league medium jewel changes.

Of course all of THAT is after they've been tweaking auras for years to make them less stackable. Patching snapshotting was one thing, THIS is literally unneccesarry.

If the game is so geared towards solo play why gut support builds?
Simple, because the no lifers with no friends get salty when streamers in fully speced parties trounce content that trounces them.

So they whinge on reddit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info