Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

People used to destroy or vendor mirror orb just to show the others how easy game it is but i think most of these people are crying now. You guys gonna find another bug or exploit in game dont worry there is always some hole left behind :)
"
LBGxValor wrote:
this is insane....its literally like watching the Criminal News Network

make up your minds....

do this - now do this - make this work like this - now its bad - but were gonna change it to do this - but now that's bad so were changing it to do what it originally did..but WAIT that's bad to so were changing it again to do what it did before before but different then now but better that later and gooder then before...

make characters a certain way then get rid of them because they did exactly what they were made to do

make the game amazing and fun (3.13) where u can be a normal player not a streamer and min/maxc gear

then nerf the game so its hard to min/max gear and not fun to play at all (3.15)

THEN turn around and say that with enough no-life and grind you can get awesome items that make the game somewhat fun AND then say its bad and delete it

again this is insane

you just summed up this year of poe , good job
"
Sobert wrote:
"Essence Worm now grants 80% reduced Reservation Efficiency (not specific to mana), instead of 40% increased Reservation."
with 1 skill in 1 Essence Worm and no other reservation modifiers:
BEFORE you had 100/1.4=71.4% of mana reservation capacity left to use
AFTER you have just 20% of mana reservation capacity left to use
which is x3.5 less than before
I understand that it was an x2 formula applied but it is wrong in case of big negative values.
To keep the power of the ring at the same level it should be 30% reduced Reservation Efficiency, not 80%
I think the intended use case of EW is that you put your reservation skill in it, and possibly one in another EW, and don't reserve mana anywhere else. You're probably not meant to use it alongside other reservations. And in any case, you can pick up 50% res efficiency if you really want it at its old value.

The new EO works with traps, mines, and totems, right? Because it only matters if the skill crit, not you? Will there be icons to indicate if EO is active for a given skill?

It'll be lulsy if they move EE and don't update the flavor text.
I like the changes. RE is more intuitive than rmr and is more powerful for all of my aura wielding characters except my stacker from heist league.

Chiming in what another said - since it's no longer possible to stack aura effect to the moon, can we have alt quality aura gems reverted back to how they were originally designed? They are so underwhelming right now since they were rebalanced around the minmaxers with 400+ aura effect.
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

gz on ruining another build archetype.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

You mean rip aura stacking and any build that uses like 5-8 auras. My build this league has been one of my favorites ive played in a while and im pretty sure it cant function anymore because of these changes at least not anywhere near the same strength.
as much as i dislike aura stackers these changes seems a bit to much.

personaly i would keep the Reservation Efficiency mechanic but completely remove aura cluster jewels, Then add couple more aura wheels scattered in the skill tree and replace the standar "6% increased effect of non curse auras" with "12% increased effect of non curse auras and % reduced Reservation Efficiency".

that would create a trade, either go full increased effect and have few but very strong auras or go full Efficiency and stack a ton of weak auras.

since we are in the subject was there any announcement on changes to supreme Ego and mortal conviction?, they seem quite lackluster

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
Khanite wrote:
I play mostly solo ... but I dont understand why people who CHOOSE to play in a well developed group should be punished with these nerfs ... all because a vocal bunch of whiners complain because they're jealous or something. This just seems very punitive and reactionary tbh. No more watching Opening week league streams with good groups showing us what we could aspire to if we bothered to play with our mates. Seems a bit sad to me.

If someone points out that something is broken beyond belief, it doesn't make them a whiner.
Most of this looks good to me.

I'm pretty sure you'll have more balancing to do around the EE change, but I'm *really* grateful for it. EE has been *way* too strong for a long time. Please keep some semblance of this change, and just keep balancing stuff over time. In the long haul, it will be a big improvement.

I also like the EO change. It now works the way it always felt like it should.

I'm on board with the reservation changes... but please consider giving us one or two *big* sources of Reservation Efficiency that are easy to get. Like maybe give the small nodes on the tree that lead up to Sovereignty, Charisma, etc, a much more than 2x multiplier. (I suggest the small nodes because they can't be anointed, so it would be require large investment to take 2 or more of them).

There are lots of builds that need just a bit of reduced reservation to work, and I'm pretty sure these new values aren't *quite* going to cut it at the listed values.

"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

How to kill another aspect of endgame and stomp a 10+ mir build into history.

I played this build for 5 leagues now, improving it bit by bit every league.
About 15-20 mirrors of stuff, soon to be obsolete.

Aura effect gone from clusters, clusters unuseable.
i'd need 588% increased reservation efficiency on my gear to run all my 16 auras, which is impossible with 2% on jewels.

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth, you disregard the time i spent on this build in one single patch because reddit crybabies are complaining about party play. again and again you kill things in collateral from multiple angles.

the solution was so simple, lowering aura effect on others and leaving reservation alone as it impacts other builds aswell. now you probably ruined a bunch of builds with those changes, not just aurabots and stacking.

we'll wait and see how it plays out. If 3.16 is not the ultimate bomb league mechanic to make up for this loss, i will quit this game

[Removed by Support]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pictures of the rude pms i am getting. I guess you're allowed to be toxic in pms, but you're not allowed to show that to anyone.

Here is an accurate version without the name and shame

The balance team and chris being out of touch with their game isn't the only reason why this game is going downhill.
The community is more toxic than ever, more so than the community of eve online. Alot of people i play with in standard are chill, but this? I can't imagine what goes through your head that you gain joy from sending me those pms, does it make you feel powerful or that you received some kind of twisted justice? Does it statisfy your jealousy?

[Removed by Support] You playing a build for 5 leagues in a row shows how insanely powerful that build was. You just can't admit that your favorite build needed a nerf.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Oct 7, 2021, 7:36:00 PM
"
impulze3 wrote:
rip aurastacking.

I mostly agree here, there had been so much better ways to adress this, without destroying entire builds. You should question ur point of view here GGG. There is nothing bad about a powerful build with massive investment of time and currency...and that it should be honoured accordingly. I can't follow Ur sense of logic here .If you have a problem with aurabots using all auras and sharing the benefit with the whole party, then please adress that specifically and leave solo aura stacking alone.

Possible other ways of adressing this could have been:

1. Like allready said: lower the aura effect on party members

2. Cap the amount of auras to a maximum of X, affecting party members.

3. Cap usable auras to an amount of X

Etc....

Overall..you simply overdid it here GGG..aura-stacking is literally dead this way:

1. You need amounts of reduced Reservation efficiency which are impossible to reach ..to make this archetype ..worth playing again

2. You removed the abillity to stack aura effect in a meaningful way..

Only thing left to say is..that this is the only game I know where you have to be scared every patch that your build can be dead anytime. To mention CoC builds, now aura stacking and so on..where is the point to put in any effort into this game..if you just take away any progress on those builds over night...

Speaking for Std here...Any league Player doesnt give a shit about this ..Since they start new characters over and over again anyway and most likely dont finish the Gear on same lvls like in Std as a -matter of time and that their motivation isnt min maxing that much, like it is on Standard. The picture I get here is that you dont consider the Std sofcore side in most of your decisions....
Last edited by yOk84 on Oct 7, 2021, 7:42:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info