Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 3 - Auras, Curses and Elemental Damage Over Time

LET'S GO GGG!

Another 3 months of playing RuneScape 3, i can't be grateful enough for you guys to release that grasp you've had on me for the past 5 years! <3

𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝕺𝖍 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝓜𝓞𝓢𝓣𝓗𝓐𝓣𝓔𝓓
+1 To disappointment in the implementation of aurabot/cursebot nerfing.

1. I agree this is a problem that needs to be addressed.
2. Aurastacking is a VERY fun build and a VERY lategame/endgame goal for many players:
- Gated behind multiple mirrors for the truly "gamebreaking"
experience.
- Many players did just that, myself included. Now getting screwed
out of extremely large investment and FUN.
- Similar to Headhunter being a chase item and aspiring content, why
destroy a build that does the same thing for loyal/dedicated 1%
players on a larger scale. It can only lose you players. (The
dedicated ones that contribute)
3. This to me is the absolute worst offense by GGG in this matter:
- Aurastackers have been nerfed repeatedly over a couple of patches,
every time bringing damage/power back to an acceptable level.
Players have excepted this as a challenge and gone on to invest
even more time and currency to get back to the fun part.
- GGG made the cluster jewel system, they "broke the game" and now,
they poke aurastakers and drag them along for multiple patches
only to decide:
"you know what, you've had too much fun with this almost
impossible and fun build" - "Let's kill it and blame aurabots for
this."

Aurastacking is not broken/overpowered, its FUN. Invest this amount of time/currency into almost any other build and you would probably get more broken results.

Simply change aura efficiency nodes and affixes on gear to only effect yourself and your minions and call it a day. Other players can benefit from all your auras, but as simple "unbuffed" auras.

If GGG does what they plan, aurabots will continue, aurastackers = dead. They know this, we know this, but what they don't perhaps know is that legacy gear and the standard backdrop that makes things matter in leagues, is the same reason they will lose players with this move. (BTW, players supporting these changes have never played a propper aurastacker, its evident in the attitudes and the knowledge.)

Please listen to reason. Nerf the problem, not the awesome build that is aurastacker.

Me reading the replies on this thread
Excited for the flask rework!

Love the defence changes!

Very interested in the Aura/Curse/DoT changes!

BUT: I'm kinda stunned with the EE being moved closer to the Ranger area. :c Can't it be within the Scion's evasion/spell suppression wheel instead?
Aurabot players are predictably pissed, but everyone else seems to be fine with this, and I don't see any issues. It'll be interesting to see how Bane works with the new curse changes.

So, overall... I think the flask and ailment immunity changes are basically good, except for ailments overall needing to be completely redone; the core defensive changes were basically good, except for some cumbersome new mechanic naming and added RNG to armour base types; and aura/curse/DOT changes are also basically good, except for aurabots which won't be a thing anymore -- which non-aurabot players regard as an improvement. I guess that means that 3.16 is basically looking good.

I'm looking forward to seeing the passive changes, and the new league mechanic. Also, I'd like to hear what plans are for adding Expedition to the core game (which we're all pretty sure will be happening, I think), and especially how Ward will be reworked to mesh better with the reworked core defensive system. In the meantime, though... Good job, GGG!
#ssf_is_better
#make_necropolis_core
#make_melee_better
give us atleast aura effect on you and your minions, not just only you. guys srsly...
I am fine with the aura and curse changes. The damage over time changes are difficult to asses on just reading through this. Many elemental skills might get unreasonably shafted.
THIS ONE SPARKS JOY
Kobe in shambles?
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Essence of Delirium no longer rolls “Hexes you inflict have +5 to maximum Doom” on Rings, or +10% to Damage over Time Multiplier on Amulets. Instead, it now rolls +12-15% to Damage over Time Multiplier on Rings, and “Hexes you inflict have +10 to maximum Doom” on Amulets.

I no like rare amulet +10 max doom... I use Presence of Chayula and corrupted +1 curse, ring x2 = 10 max doom. Very sad now bad...

Rare amulet +10 max doom and corrupted +1 curse never success, sucks. :'(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info