Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

GGG, the amount and impact of your changes are ridiculous. How the fuck am I supposed to experience all of those within 3 months? Please stop bombarding us with new content and mechanics. As a full-time working person I cannot handle this! Please slow down.

Great changes ;)
Another aura bot/ aura stack league.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTsQnURSBgo&ab_channel=Fyregrass

Yep, my head calculations were correct. Bows had no Defence, and now they have even less.

Go to 5:11 and then go back to the start.
"
xMustard wrote:
and now it is absolutely confirmed. i will never touch this game again

"
Dodge and Blind provide more mitigation for fewer passive points and item slots than any other defence type. Attack Dodge does this in a form that is almost identical to Evasion but is far more efficient.

this is hilarious to me. because this has literally been the case every since i started playing the game, back in open beta.

i guess they've literally nerfed every single option to the point where this is next on the chopping block!

remove dodge and now just giving evasion characters mitigation instead of avoidance. really seems like you guys are confused and scrambling.

If they keep going on like this it's inevitably that private legacy leagues will start to pop up from pirate servers, as there are idiots like me that are willing to pay hundreds to play a decent version of Poe.
Anyway it's what they always been doing, nerf the new op, even if it used to be the old weakling, because the old op was killedb previously. And yeah it seams that they are missing that person in the team capable of seeing almost each interaction due to their knowledge of the game and so direct the changes correctly.
"
klan_nedoklan wrote:
Another aura bot/ aura stack league.

Seams like they are nerfing them too, we will see more in the selector tomorrow, but from my understanding they are killing ascendant using nebulous and the amount of auras you can run/effecting
Oh that's for sure, once everything is about at the same lvl, it's inevitable that the builds will have mostly the same shitty outcomes compared to the old op, so it's an inevitable consequence of nerfing everything.
But to be honest I think there might be some new op chomping out from all this new defences, it seams they forgot that there are still skills and items out there that's scales dps using defensive mechanics
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
groink19 wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:

So basically it's just a huge nerf to Gladiator and they're going to add some sub par blocking passive that sacrifices max block for average blocking abilities so they can pretend they are buffing it.

It's official: you didn't read the notes.

They explicitly stated that the Gladiator ascendancy will have another block node to counteract the downside of the keystone.

I'm out of here. You guys are judging GGG even though they didn't even announce all balance updates. Rubbish attitude.

Oh right, something that is supposedly going to make them "more lucky". I'm sure it will be awesome because hoping you get lucky is such a great way not to die.

I'm sorry you don't like my attitude. But I'm just reacting to what I'm reading, which seems to me to be a shadow nerf disguising itself as a buff to so-called "core defenses". I could be wrong. But I'm just calling it like I see it.

Everytime I read s discussion like yours I wonder how is it possible that there are still fools out there, that haven't been hit so hard by like that they can still hope...
I will make it clear for the both... It's a nerf to the champ, and a buff to everyone else. It's a nerf to block, max block to be more specific. The new notable for the camp will be good for attack blocks almost as before the changes, but they didn't mention spell block so it's a nerf from that side.

We should be fine this league tho, those at GGG don't expect us to invest in the renamed spell dodge as a champ...
"
Berylstone wrote:
"
groink19 wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:

So basically it's just a huge nerf to Gladiator and they're going to add some sub par blocking passive that sacrifices max block for average blocking abilities so they can pretend they are buffing it.

It's official: you didn't read the notes.

They explicitly stated that the Gladiator ascendancy will have another block node to counteract the downside of the keystone.

I'm out of here. You guys are judging GGG even though they didn't even announce all balance updates. Rubbish attitude.

Oh right, something that is supposedly going to make them "more lucky". I'm sure it will be awesome because hoping you get lucky is such a great way not to die.

I'm sorry you don't like my attitude. But I'm just reacting to what I'm reading, which seems to me to be a shadow nerf disguising itself as a buff to so-called "core defenses". I could be wrong. But I'm just calling it like I see it.

Everytime I read s discussion like yours I wonder how is it possible that there are still fools out there, that haven't been hit so hard by life, that they can still hope...
I will make it clear for the both... It's a nerf to the champ, and a buff to everyone else. It's a nerf to block, max block to be more specific. The new notable for the camp will be good for attack blocks almost as before the changes, but they didn't mention spell block so it's a nerf from that side.

We should be fine this league tho, those at GGG don't expect us to invest in the renamed spell dodge as a champ...
Last edited by Grekey on Oct 7, 2021, 8:09:10 AM
Part 1 was amazing... And then it comes part 2 nerfing some defence mechanics xD

RIP bow build players, btw.

I thought GGG would buff defences and not nerfing them.
"
The Ghost Reaver Keystone Passive Skill now prevents your Energy Shield from Recharging (previously 50% less Energy Shield Recharge Rate).

WHY????

Did a dev actually think it was a good idea to have Ghost Reaver read the same as Vaal Pact regarding regen?

Have ya'll forgotten that for VP there is such a thing called life flasks for those oh shit moments when there are no mobs around to leech from after having an on-death effect leave you at 10% life??

Do ya'll realize that there is no such thing as an Energy Shield flask?? (or did someone forget to mention the addition of said flask in yesterday's post?)

The 50% less recharge for GR is the same as a life flask for VP.

Please rethink this change.
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Last edited by Bjorn_Angannon on Oct 7, 2021, 8:28:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info