Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 2 - Core Character Defences and Recovery

I am a casual player who has been using a melee strike build since the Bestiary league. Blind and Dodge is his main version of damage mitigation after life on hit. These changes look very painful so curious what will be effect of changes to acrobatics.

Since I started I have seem maybe a dozen exalts so I hope I am not stating from ground zero again.
Last edited by Roziel_Longblade on Oct 7, 2021, 2:22:50 AM
Amazing changes.
Finally fixing the core issues instead of applying workarounds through unique items or keystones.
the more I think about these changes the more I hate them tbh

Raider needed to be toned down a bit but instead the entire Ranger class has gotten dumpstered. Unless the new flask nodes are incredibly powerful Pathfinder in particular is going to be even deader than it already is

quality affixes have been removed "to make dropped items better," but then an unmodifiable variable was introduced to base defense that shifts players more toward crafting since you're always going to want a base item with the max bonus and the majority of items that drop won't have it. there are already way too many variables involved in getting good armor, introducing another one that can't even be modified just feels like a thinly-veiled - no pun intended - attempt at artificially increasing the amount of time it takes to optimize your gear

energy shield is better, armor is better, and basically everything else looks worse. defensive options getting shifted from gear to passives is a terrible idea that will make even fewer builds viable, stretching people's skill points thinner after 3.15 already nerfed damage output is going to homogenize the meta even more

this whole league is starting to look like another case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back
Last edited by Kanjiedge on Oct 7, 2021, 2:25:01 AM
"
Previously, if you had 10,000 Armour and you took a hit that dealt 2,000 physical damage, you'd reduce that hit by 33%. Now you'll reduce that hit by 50%.

NOTE: This was originally posted with an incorrect value and has since been updated.

This formula is correct?
at 97 lvl i have 94k armour and still only 87% Phys mitigation...
"

First Problem:
The Veiled modifier that increases quality on equipment was required to maximise the Energy Shield from an item. This is a problem because you cannot pick up the best Energy Shield items off the ground.

If it's not quality 30% off the ground the porblem still remains.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
Last edited by assamite1 on Oct 7, 2021, 2:41:08 AM
This is very good change imo, it allow ppl to think bout investing into Defense and not regreting for not killing enemies in 1 hit. Very good change for bossing also
Could you leave the gladiator alone, please? Maybe still get that keystone out?

The Maxblock-Gladiator is what makes the ascendency attractive. :(

Before you buffed SST the Gladiator was on ninja at a healthy 5%...
Please don’t kill him.

we alrd knew that part 2 & 3 will be nerfs
so here you go deleting every character that used dodge as defence, very nice ggg keep it going

i wonder whos gonna be deleted tomorrow in part 3 :)
"Here are all these new problems!"

That sucks.

"Here are all these new solutions on the passive tree!"

Oh cool, so where do I get the extra points to afford them?

"You don't!"

:(
Brace yourself nerf is coming...
until I took an arrow to the knee.
Thailand Player
Took you freakin long enough to notice armour is trash. also gladiator bye bye?...
Last edited by Rekill on Oct 7, 2021, 3:34:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info