Path of Exile 3.16 Balance - Part 1 - Flasks and Ailment Mitigation

"
Bosscannon wrote:
"
None of the 3 manifesto topics mention adding the fun back in.

This one seems like "Now you get to jump through 30 hoops to solve a problem you didn't have in 3.13".

Yes. So far its exactly this.

Pff, why so salty. This is called balancing.

Just simply try to imagine how difficult it is to balance such a complex and comprehended game like PoE. Tweaking only a few parameters can break or make the game on many different angles. If there would be a group of people that want PoE to be good and balanced the most, it would be GGG themselves.
Might give it a try but with New World out it's gonna be a hard sell.

Fun is important, not just difficulty.
"
Purity of Elements: Aura now grants “You and nearby Allies are Immune to all Elemental Ailments”, and “You and nearby Allies gain +20-34% to all Elemental Resistances” (previously 12-27%). Now has a Reservation of 50% (previously 35%).

Tempest Shield: Is now a Reservation Effect

Purity of elements is really expensive now. Im kinda baffled by this change.
Tempest shield also REALLY bad idea. The only skill that increase block chance when rumi is practically gone?

Ok i dont like it one bit. Now we have to invest into ailment mitigations or just KILL everything as fast as u can. Im disappointed
this is actually a lot of life quality! Really nice ideas
The only thing that is strange for me is more corrupted implicits on jewels, I can't really get who will ever need that corrupt(mostly because it affects only 1 specific ailment). It just makes rolling smth like corrupted blood and reservation apear less which is not great and the effect is not good enough to want that outcome when corrupting
aura abuser
oopsie nvm
Last edited by masive12 on Oct 6, 2021, 2:14:48 PM
"
Keep the total Life Recovery from all Life Flasks the same, but halve the amount of time for this to occur, which doubles their healing per second. This is a huge improvement to how effective non-instant Life Flasks are at keeping you alive in tough situations.

There are actually people that dont use instant life flasks?
so making flask harder to roll and adding tiers?

man i hate flask normaly try to avoid using flask in builds, unless it life...

so dug deeper into it.. and then NERFED them more, good job? *sighs*

wow that actuly bad on belt mods no one want to have on there belts, making belt crafting harder...
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by maxtraxv3 on Oct 6, 2021, 8:36:14 AM
"
Proonet wrote:
"
"
Gigorahk wrote:
Please don't destroy aurabots. If so, I'll likely not be coming back and party play will be stale. There is no point in joining a public party if there are only noobs that do no damage and increase monster life. Aurabots make party play viable. Without them I have no drive to play public or group play and I hate playing solo.

exactly!! Aurabots provide a much more enjoyable playing experience for everyone, without damaging the economy. We also allow top-end players to farm content on steroids. How is this a problem? Yet again, GGG is making changes which indicate they don't play or understand their own game, which the 2 interviews with Chris made abundantly and painfully clear.

No need to substitute concepts. "Destroy" and "Nerf for balance" are different
Aura-bot need to nerf as well as aura-stacking.

I disagree. You have given no rationale for nerfing of aurabots, and neither has GGG. Just saying they need to nerf them does not make it right or warranted
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
"
Gigorahk wrote:
Please don't destroy aurabots. If so, I'll likely not be coming back and party play will be stale. There is no point in joining a public party if there are only noobs that do no damage and increase monster life. Aurabots make party play viable. Without them I have no drive to play public or group play and I hate playing solo.

exactly!! Aurabots provide a much more enjoyable playing experience for everyone, without damaging the economy. We also allow top-end players to farm content on steroids. How is this a problem? Yet again, GGG is making changes which indicate they don't play or understand their own game, which the 2 interviews with Chris made abundantly and painfully clear.

GGG aren't the only ones who think aurabots need nerfing. A lot of players do 2.

I hav eread everything I can about this here and on reddit, and no one provides a single good reason as to why they need nerfing. I've played aurabots for 3.5 years and this has only brought a tonne of enjoyment and fun to thousands of players. We do no harm to the game, to the economy,etc
I hope you understand that this is not a reply in anger but just my opinion. Hopefully it helps:

This is not enough (not even close to being close) to mitigate all the loss of power and convenience we have compared to the golden leagues. I think the game now is just inferior to 3.14 and I'm not interested in playing the new league.

I was hoping (wishing?) for a hail Mary "oh, we realize that our latest changes pissed off 90% of the players and we'll roll them back"

I applaud you for doubling down on your path, but the flask changes in the previous patch along with the massive nerfs, made me quit the game and this manifesto doesn't make me even want to try it again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info