Community Designed Microtransaction - Design Suggestions

It would be nice a new tier of wings, some more reactive.

Some examples:

1- When you are in full life/energy shield (bigger wings/effect and glow in blue/white) in low life (shorter wings and effects are in black/red);

2- The higher are you level, the wings will be bigger, adding other effects, change the appearence, and level 100 characters the wing will be some EPIC;

3- Wings that react to channelling skills, like charging some effect in the wings;

4- Wings that glow up in darker ambients (and really bright the ambient, not only glow).

Maybe changes like this are technically difficult to implement, but i must say my opinion.
2 ghosts behind the character.

Maybe like this but darker and with dark smoke around them.

Like DontheCrown said, we need a dressing room to preview MTX AND we need an option to click on a character in a town and see what MTX are on that character.
Last edited by Nihimoth on Apr 17, 2024, 12:18:26 AM
An armour set where hands cut off at the wrist are grabbing onto you, wrapped around your neck, covering your face but with eyes showing between the fingers, like the guy from my hero academia.

An armour set where all kinds of weapons are impaling you and your head is dangling off of your neck by a thin piece of uncut flesh

An armour set that pumps up with the amount of charges the player has

A seraph armour set that adapts its color to the players weapon effect

An armour set where bugs are crawling all over you

An armour set that makes you look like a naked musclebound barbarian, but maybe with a loincloth or something, probably wouldnt want a long floppy dong on my screen

"Epic and Dark Wings concept for Path of Exile" (WIP Concept)

Motifs:
Charon, Ferryman of the Dead
Gargoyles / Cerberus
Underworld
River Styx
Inescapable Maw
Sanguine
Biblical Angels

Visual Elements:
Asymmetry
Multiple complimentary Textures: Stone and Cloth
Possible Particle effects: "Miasma, Fog, or Ink" and "Souls desperately reaching out and trying to escape the character leaving claw marks on the ground"
Chains
Thousand Eyes watching?
Upside-down wing symbolizes corruption
Isometric readability
Unique Silhouette
Versatile for many player aesthetic opportunities
Color palette has a natural gradient but one bold high chroma for emphasis on key detail

Art & Design Description
A long, elaborate, but elegantly flowing Winged-cape with a hierarchy of three layers:

"The top layer. A fierce winged gargoyle of weathered stone is poised to strike from the character's right shoulder (whichever is stronger for the current angle of the isometric camera). This may appear similar to a figurehead of a ship, and may or may not be animated. A single wing is emphasized and exaggerated in size; appearing ready to take flight half outstretched and half extending across the character's back reaching toward the far side. This layer terminates at the highest angle among the three, perhaps pointed upwardly slightly.
(variant: this part of the wing may contain the likeness of a three-headed dog, much like the Greek underworld's Cerberus. This would replace the gargoyle motif and adapt the wing into something like a pelt.)

The middle layer. Originating from the same shoulder and underneath the gargoyle's wing, there is a tattered silky, off-colored cloth can be seen beneath. It contrasts the heavy, stiff wing above it. This layer terminates at an angle between the other two, perhaps parallel with the ground even as the cloth physics moves.

The final layer. Beneath all the other layers is an inky miasma/fog of tapering opacity that stretches downward and drags like a long shadow across the ground. Particle effects are employed to visualize a river of souls in the form of spiritual heads, arms, and hands that are desperately reaching, and clawing across the ground as if they are being dragged back into the recesses of the maw-like wing. The struggling souls leave glowing claw-like marks on the earth as the player moves. This layer terminates at the lowest angle among the three, in fact reaching the ground.
(variant: the last layer is made up of "thousands" of blinking glowing eyes cascading away until they completely fade away.)"

Overall, although this Epic and Dark wing may be elaborate, this idea ought to be realized as sleek, elegant, balanced, and awe-inspiring - full of semiotic cues that draw from the rich history of the real world and Wreaclast. This could even begin a new cosmetic motif series of the layered hadean underworld, stone textures, and dark symbolism that are finished with subtle flourishes or particle effects.

____
Edit: Simpler Secondary idea: A long, tattered cape that stretches out like a long shadow from the character's shoulder across the ground that emits a sinister fog. The cape cloaks the area characters a body significantly more than current capes, and perhaps has a small collar.
When the player uses a movement skill or deals damage, the cape transforms into wings. The wings are anatomically correct but upside down, violating the natural order, and beat the air with violent undulations while emanating subtle dark energies.
Last edited by DoctorStrange on Oct 5, 2021, 1:32:04 AM
Last edited by Nervyr on Oct 5, 2021, 12:42:10 AM
A micro transaction that lets me make my dread banner invisible so I can actually see my back attachment.
Cthulhu or Dark Kraken inspired wings perhaps
Just keep up whatever you're doing with Scourge supporter packs. No goofy RGB butterfly wings, just plain simple immersive, gritty armour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info