Mjolner FireCoC - an ethical Tankyboi

"
Kroughfire wrote:
With the new mastery system, painseekers aren't necessary anymore (take the 40% ailment effect mastery in elemental cluster).

I use maligaro's so I do not need to invest into crit multi (it gives essentially 140% multi. If you can beat that with other jewels or items, you can swap gloves). Other good gloves are rares with unnerve or cull, shaper's touch, or abhorrent interrogation.

Check out the new pob at the top of the post.

Ty for the answer, fly safe
Am I missing something with the regen, my RF currently does not degen my life pool but it takes my energy shield to zero.
Hey! Loving your build, transitioning to new PoB at the moment.
I've tried it with The Stampede and can't play without them anymore, just feels too slow.
But with uniques in almost every slot it's really hard to maintain attributes and res, had to drop gloves and helm. Still missing +max res gear, but the build works fine without them. Cheers!
"
Miggaletoe wrote:
Am I missing something with the regen, my RF currently does not degen my life pool but it takes my energy shield to zero.

Are you using the Doryani Vaal timeless jewel? The jewel splits the degen between your life and ES, so you should be able to out regen it rather easily. If you do have the corrupted soul keystone already, you probably need either more max fire res or regen. Getting a +3fire res amulet and +2 max res shield should get you high enough to counter the degen, assuming you have the base life regen nodes on the tree.

@QuattroBones

Stampede is nice, for sure, but it just doesn't give you enough to warrant it I think. If you can't play without the speed, you can just hold off switching boots until you made your tailwind cd boots, as the speed should be comparable. Also, alt quality cyclone gives up to 5% more movement speed, which helps as well. I suggest not dropping crown of the inward eye since it gives insane defenses and offense -- It is our largest source of armour. If you want tailwind cd boots with 30% movespeed, it should run you like 7-8 ex with a decent suffix. Buy it on a two tone base, or just make it yourself for a fraction of the cost. Be sure to buy it on an ilvl 85+ two tone base so you can finish crafting the prefixes later with max fire res.
Any tips for leveling? Tree progression?
Part time player with low game IQ lol.
Tree Progression: Move west from templar start, picking up both avatar of fire and divine judgement. Then go to Iron will and Constitution, and then pain attunement. After this, fill in any missing sections of the tree as you level up, prioritizing the aura wheel and life wheel, with a lower priority on armour.

For leveling, I just used holy flame totem and unleash purifying flame. Link them both to ele focus, added fire, controlled destruction, fire pen, etc. Grab a cauterizer asap and take battlemage as your first lab point. This should carry your damage all the way to mjolner Blood Aqueducts.
Can you explain a bit on why we only want to have 49% of our life reserved? Sorry, just a bit fuzzy on that specific mechanic. Otherwise, cool build!

Last edited by wtsmith on Nov 22, 2021, 7:25:22 PM
"
wtsmith wrote:
Can you explain a bit on why we only want to have 49% of our life reserved? Sorry, just a bit fuzzy on that specific mechanic. Otherwise, cool build!

It's to use more aura's through arrogance and to use petrified blood.

"
Kroughfire wrote:
Tree Progression: Move west from templar start, picking up both avatar of fire and divine judgement. Then go to Iron will and Constitution, and then pain attunement. After this, fill in any missing sections of the tree as you level up, prioritizing the aura wheel and life wheel, with a lower priority on armour.

For leveling, I just used holy flame totem and unleash purifying flame. Link them both to ele focus, added fire, controlled destruction, fire pen, etc. Grab a cauterizer asap and take battlemage as your first lab point. This should carry your damage all the way to mjolner Blood Aqueducts.

Thanks, leveling is a breeze because of this info.
Last edited by foojin on Nov 23, 2021, 5:47:12 AM

https://pastebin.com/vn2D70rJ

And I am up and running with cyclone now, just hit maps.

Definitely already tanky with 2.8K life / 1.3K ES, 62/68 block, 84/83/82 max res while using PoE / HoA / vit / precision / tempest shield as auras.

Few more levels and I'll swap into petrified blood / vanity jewel / two meglo / awakened gems.

The only issue I find so far is that mapping feels rather slow. Not so much movement / attack speed going on.
Last edited by foojin on Nov 23, 2021, 2:27:00 PM
nvm
Last edited by chrissan on Nov 24, 2021, 10:50:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info