👻3.20👻 Kay's Summoner💥SRS Bomber💀Poison SRS💀Melee SRS🕷️Spiders💀Skeleton Mages

"
EDMOSES wrote:
I do wonder seeing as my helm has 40% increased spectre damage could i use damage type specters?
I have tried to farm the skellie damage but i am almost certain it doesn't exist lol.
Thanks again for the great help from you guys.

Nice to see you fixed your gemlinks in chest.
Everything seems good there and your current setup is the strongest combination you can run. For single target bosses like Sirus and Guardians et.c. Swap Awakened GMP for Hypothermia before the boss fight.

Looked through your gear some more and most problem lie in your links.

First of all, you have a Zealotry that's NOT linked to awakened generosity. Zealotry is the only Aura you want it linked to.

Second issue, you don't have ANY way to procc your assassin's mark in your ring. You need some way to trigger it but you don't have any skill to do this.

So you're effectively running without a curse in your build. I suggest that you look into swapping for a dual curse setup.

The curses I'd look into running is Punishment and Snipers Mark.
This would skyrocket your damage.

So how should you implement this?
1. Do away with your Assassin's Mark ring that you can't procc, it doesn't do anything for you. Snipers Mark is way stronger than Assassin's Mark for your build anyway.
2. Add Vixen's Entrapment gloves to your build instead of Breahstealer.
Put in Snipers Mark into your Vixen's Entrapment Gloves.
3. Get a Unset Ring for an additional socket and put Punishment in there.
4. Swap your Amulet anointment for Charisma to solve mana issues.

Now, whenever you cast Punishment, you'l also be applying Snipers Mark through the gloves, which also give +1 to curse.

The two anointments you're running are very weak so losing them won't make a difference. Ravenouz horde does nothing for single target and since you're constantly resummoning skeletons while mapping you're most likely removing any skeleton who has onslaught anyway.

Just saw that you have a VERY strong minion helm. It's way stronger than your 6-link and you should run your skeletons in your helm.

The links I would use would be:
Skeletons - GMP - Spell Echo - Summon Phantasm for general mapping.
You should get 2 white sockets (2blue -2white) with Vorici so you can swap GMP Divergent Predator for single target.

By running Phantasms in your helm you'd effectively be running x2 7-linked minions instead of x1 8-link which is much stronger. You'd be adding 11 Phantasms to the build and they also get supported by all supports and everything in your helm.

You were also talking about running Spectres for damage which I think is a good idea. If I were you, I would look into running a spell caster spectre in your chest instead for additional damage support. They would mainly be there for clearing since spectre single target is kinda lackluster right now.

I suggest running x4 Frost Auto-Scouts linked to:
GMP - Spell Echo - Minion Damage - Awakened Controlled Destruction (They have 0% base crit) - Pierce

I'd put all support minions in your boots instead:
AG - Golem - Feeding Frenzt - Minion Life

Personally, I would look into running a damage shield for my minions rather than a defensive one with life on block for myself too.
This requires you to run Necromantic Aegis.

The shield you'd look to craft or buy is a Cold Attuned Buckler with 2 minimum power, 2 minimum frenzy charges and 5& chance to deal double damage. You could add other stuff too increasing the budget of the shield. This would include 1% damage per 1% chance to block et.c.

Minimum charges work ESPECIALLY well for Skeletons compared to Frenzy/Power spectres. The problem with Skeletons is that you constantly resummon them which causes them to lose all charges they gain from Charge spectres. Minimum charges makes sure they ALWAYS have their charges. Also, since I suggest running x4 FAS spectres you need some way to get charges for them, so a shield is the best slot.

Lastly, I want to touch a little on your Aura Setup. I see alot of questionable things which quite frankly, I find uncessesary.

You're currently running:
Zealtry - Skitterbots - Determination linked to Enlighten

Awakened Generosity - Defiance Banner

This is a very weird aura setup. Instead I would run:
Zealtry - Awakened Generosity /// Determination (Could be put in gloves together with Snipers Mark in gloves) Make sure Determination isn't linked to Generosity.

And I'd run Skitterbots - Awakened Unbound Ailments somewhere else.

To fit all these auras manawise and also be able to have enough mana to cast curses/offerings you need:
- Soveregnity and 15% mana reservation mastery which you got.
- Charisma annointment
- 25% determination mastery (Get it in the tree from combat stamina)

This should leave you with more than 130 mana to cast spells.
If you don't need the determination and combat stamina that's even better.
Which saves skillpoints.

Defiance Banner only gives you 50% increased armour and feels like a waste.
To get more armour, instead you should look into changing one of your life flasks for a Basalt Flask with 60% increased Armour mode on it.

As a last tip Id change your medium cluster to one with Blessed Rebirth and Life From Death.
"
Kay, have you considered a Soulwrest phantasm build?

I can try to revive the old build...

Working on a new build now!
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Jan 7, 2022, 3:43:59 AM
Hey thanks heaps Deadandlivin, you certainly sorted me out.
1 question though is regarding the curse i have on my weapon.
Would it be better to try to get another with no curse or could i drop punishment so i can use Frostbite curse?
Thanks again.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
I do wonder seeing as my helm has 40% increased spectre damage could i use damage type specters?
I have tried to farm the skellie damage but i am almost certain it doesn't exist lol.
Thanks again for the great help from you guys.

it does exist ;)

if it helps, here's everything i'm running on my necro...

don't know if what i run is optimal or can be improved as i'm not really good at it lol

edit: just swapped the belt for this one to get a little more armour into the build

and changed some resistances a little but all gems and links are the same
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last edited by spaceace7373 on Jan 7, 2022, 5:08:10 PM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Would it be better to try to get another with no curse or could i drop punishment so i can use Frostbite curse?
Thanks again.

Curses that manipulate resistances like Elemental Weakness and Frostbite et.c. don't work on your build because of your chestpiece.

Your chestpiece sets monsters resistances to always be 0. Even if they're cursed with negative resistances, all damage done by your minions will deal damage as if they're still at 0 resistance.

That's why Punishment and Snipers Mark are the only offensive curses you can run.

As for the curse in your weapon, you can't procc it since you're not running any skill personally that you deal damage with so it should be fine and the frostbite in your wand shouldn't interfere with your 2 other curses.

A minor change you could do is swap place with Stone Golems and your Zombies in the boots. Not a big difference but Zombies are stronger and due to their numbers, they will be far more consistent at keeping Feeding Frenzy up. I've tried running feeding frenzy on only 2 minions in the past and it felt pretty bad imo.

Another suggestion I have is more QoL and playstyle stuff. I see you're not running either Flame Dash or Molten Shell which would I believe are borderline mandatory to minion builds.
You could easily fit those skill gems into your build by implementing another Unset Ring. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you don't need lifetap in your wand any longer either. This would allow you to place your Stone Golem in the wand instead (Having him resummoned by trigger is decent cause he dies alot) and just put Molten Shell in your shield instead.
You can put Molten Shell on your left click(walk button) and have it auto cast of cooldown for maximum uptime. With Determination and Armour Flasks Molten Shell will almost double your HP.

Also I would look to fit an Unending hunger into the build. The best place you can put it into would be the empty socket slot next to Mystic Bulwark.
To get the 40 Intelligence required to run it, I would connect the tree through the north. This means you want to connect the tree from Cruel Preperations to Death Attunement rather than, as you have now, from Mind over Matter to Death Attunement.

Also, I'm curious and kinda happy to see you're taking my advice to heart :)
How does the build feel after all the changes?
The interesting part is that you're not running any official build right now. You're running 'some sort of' Mage skellies with alot of changes I've suggested for higher efficiency. You feel if it's any stronger than before?
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Jan 8, 2022, 9:09:20 AM
Build has turned out more than good.
For an experienced player on a good machine i would recommend going the "necro aegis" shield path using +2 to both power and frenzy charges, the minion damage is insane.
However for those of us who are a bit "reflex challenged" i would recommend a shield that gives the player protection, the minion damage is still very good.

I also think for Q.O.L. boots with "cannot be frozen" on them helps.
OFC you can take Brine King pantheon for that but my personnel preference is Lunaris + Yugul. I feel the loss of 1 skellie is worth it and they give a spectre bonus as well.

Swapping in a second life flask for bosses who phase is a must.

Perfect build for monolith, metamorph, blight, rogues harbor, delve around 430 with nasty map mods is about as far as i can go cause start to loose spectres.

Shaper and shaper guardians no problems except for Hydra which kills me occasionally, just me i think.

Elder and elder guardians no problems. Uber elder 1 death.

Not tried any Mavern challenges or Sirus as yet but i am confident.
Aul the crystal king at level 300 - no hope in hell but once again i reckon that is my fault.
Not tried Uber Atziri but due to her reflect on minions i will use other builds for her.
All in all about the best build i have done to date that hasn't been nerfed.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Not tried Uber Atziri but due to her reflect on minions i will use other builds for her

i've killed her 12 times and she is easy with the skelemages. just don't stop moving and avoid the rings. but, i was using

haven't tried her yet with the Aegis shield and armour i have added
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
Spoiler
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thanks again.

Curses that manipulate resistances like Elemental Weakness and Frostbite et.c. don't work on your build because of your chestpiece.

Your chestpiece sets monsters resistances to always be 0. Even if they're cursed with negative resistances, all damage done by your minions will deal damage as if they're still at 0 resistance.

That's why Punishment and Snipers Mark are the only offensive curses you can run.

As for the curse in your weapon, you can't procc it since you're not running any skill personally that you deal damage with so it should be fine and the frostbite in your wand shouldn't interfere with your 2 other curses.

A minor change you could do is swap place with Stone Golems and your Zombies in the boots. Not a big difference but Zombies are stronger and due to their numbers, they will be far more consistent at keeping Feeding Frenzy up. I've tried running feeding frenzy on only 2 minions in the past and it felt pretty bad imo.

Another suggestion I have is more QoL and playstyle stuff. I see you're not running either Flame Dash or Molten Shell which would I believe are borderline mandatory to minion builds.
You could easily fit those skill gems into your build by implementing another Unset Ring. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you don't need lifetap in your wand any longer either. This would allow you to place your Stone Golem in the wand instead (Having him resummoned by trigger is decent cause he dies alot) and just put Molten Shell in your shield instead.
You can put Molten Shell on your left click(walk button) and have it auto cast of cooldown for maximum uptime. With Determination and Armour Flasks Molten Shell will almost double your HP.

Also I would look to fit an Unending hunger into the build. The best place you can put it into would be the empty socket slot next to Mystic Bulwark.
To get the 40 Intelligence required to run it, I would connect the tree through the north. This means you want to connect the tree from Cruel Preperations to Death Attunement rather than, as you have now, from Mind over Matter to Death Attunement.

Also, I'm curious and kinda happy to see you're taking my advice to heart :)
How does the build feel after all the changes?
The interesting part is that you're not running any official build right now. You're running 'some sort of' Mage skellies with alot of changes I've suggested for higher efficiency. You feel if it's any stronger than before?

Good advice from Dead even though it's not his guide on the forum. Thank you! :) Maybe I can finally retire from build guides! hehe
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Jan 9, 2022, 7:42:25 AM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Not tried any Mavern challenges or Sirus as yet but i am confident.
Aul the crystal king at level 300 - no hope in hell but once again i reckon that is my fault.
Not tried Uber Atziri but due to her reflect on minions i will use other builds for her.
All in all about the best build i have done to date that hasn't been nerfed.

If you can dodge mechanics or tank hits, Maven 10-way isn't hard. Uncharted Realms is kind of the same but it's a gear check for DPS too!

Atziri's 1% reflect is fine for minions actually, especially if you have feasting fiends. The main problem is hitting mirror clone :P but if you use temporary minions like skeles, don't worry.

Was going to try the SRS build but cant really find that helm/.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info