Option to turn off weather effects.

I tried to get a friend into the game, and he found the tutorial level nausea inducing, due to the lightning effects and bouncing shadows. I've also found at least one post where someone with epilepsy worried about sections like that in the game.

For these people at least, shouldn't there be an option to turn off weather effects? This seems like it should almost be a requirement.
i totally agree with that!
Intro is really dangerous for epileptic ppl (and quite annoying for others too... at least for me...)
Fat Moe: What have you been doing all these years?
Noodles: Been going to bed early...
(i guess he didn't have a beta key...)
I agree my first impression was that the lightning was much too strong, I also found it bothering during my first play.

That said there aren't really any noticable weather effects anywhere else that I remember, which is a shame. I'd love to see wind pickup with leaves and grass moving and rain pouring down every now and then, that adds so much ambiance.

As for the lightning itself I don't think it's worth adding a toggle option for that alone, they might just look at toning it down a little bit?
Completely agreed, wheater effects kill my fps
Sorry to necro this thread, but I am having the same problems. I really want to play, but I get violently ill by the time I arrive at the first town. :(

From what I have seen so far, this game looks absolutely incredible.
I have trouble watching gameplay vids because of the weather effect and motion blur ><.

I hope there's a fix for this otherwise I'm afraid I won't be able to play it.
We wont ever have an option to disable weather effects as it removes the atmosphere of the environments.

However we will be adding many graphical options in the future so you can set your settings to your pcs needs.

So particle quality , texture quality , model quality and so on.

Also currently im missing a material option to make the rain and enviro effects less laggy. This will hopefully be there before open beta. Otherwise im sure there will be many more people who will be pretty mad at low fps's in rainy/windy areas.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I would like to post something; I do also have epilepsy but under control by medicines. I play several hours per day several games and I might not play this game due to the lightning weather effects.
I am confused that your answer was not very correct and that it is not that hard to introduce that option: more players is good no? Instead of not adding because it breaks the environment.
I even asked one time to CounterStrike designers to add me an option on the flash bombs (very nasty to epileptics). Instead of going white it goes fully dark (same effect). Surprise: they gave me.

Think about it please.

Regards.
i agreed
I am a new player here, I am a new fan of this game, I am a game lover and a game reviewer. This game have a very big potential, i see so good potential to beat diablo 3 and broken blizzard to the ground.

BUT ! Admins and leaders of this game project answering to players in the same way, NO NO NO. I know, players have bad suggestions often and everyday. But do not underestimate all of suggestions! Think about your answers more. This is a good suggestion.

WHY ?
1. Weather effect option is default in any graphic option system if u dont have it yet, do that in next patch in example, due to this suggestions by epileptic ppl.
2. Your weather effects are beautiful, but its effect is the lowest priority in the game and should be priorized at the open beta, so who cares how your weather graphics look like now ? ... Noone cares, we want a beautiful game system.
3. If u think epileptic ppl does not playing very often, its wrong. Sometimes it seems to be like that, but did you ever seen epileptic on the street ? No, because they are invisible for u until they get epileptic fit.

Give them their option.

AGREE
Lightekk - criticism for free

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info