[3.19] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin | Early To Endgame

Hi, i am just trying this build for new league and i found that if i change the annoint for whisper of doom so i can apply 2 curses i stay with 90% apply of poison on hit without the flasks and i don't know how to get the other 10%.
Last edited by xXDeath_SoulXx on Jan 30, 2022, 8:09:51 AM
"
Hi, i am just trying this build for new league and i found that if i change the annoint for whisper of doom so i can apply 2 curses i stay with 90% apply of poison on hit without the flasks and i don't know how to get the other 10%.
yea looks like with herald of agony gone due to current aura setup you got no other choice than to anoint toxic strikes to cap poison and allocate whispers of doom from the tree, which is easier to do on league start anyway and it feels kinda bad having to waste 3 golden oil when its going to get replaced once +1 curse chest is acquired. I made sure to update these sections on pob and the guide.
Hey this build looks pretty cool! Would you recommend it as a league starter?
"
If you are fine with possibly not being able to kill most bosses and just want to do fast mapping then yes, going to league start it myself cause i know what to expect and i know that i can make some currency for another character if i feel like bossing.
This will probably my league starter on Friday since i had good memories playing this build in Ritual and farming Headhunter in week 1.

Some small adjustments i would consider for the passive tree:

https://imgur.com/a/M1Y9JEf

Remove these nodes and get 2 jewel sockets for the points near the Frenzy Charges.

Use the top socket for a Brutal Restraint- (better nodes but gives Dexterity) or Lethal Pride (slightly worse nodes but can help with Strength) jewel because you are using 5 notable passives in this area already.

Bottom jewel can be used for Atziri´s Reign or rare Jewel. I found Atziri´s Reign to be really good with Vaal Blade Vortex because you can get a third use a lot of times and it can really make a huge difference in difficult encounters. A rare Jewel could help with Attributes or Ressistances if needed.

Also i would reconsider using Perfect Agony because it gives only 6% more damage and 3% on non bosses and that 30% less damage with hits kinda hurts the explosions from the Asenath Gloves so i personally wouldn´t use this since this build is probably focused on mapping anyways.

Anyways i am very thankful for this build and its always nice to see fellow Poison BV enjoyers!
Spoiler
"
This will probably my league starter on Friday since i had good memories playing this build in Ritual and farming Headhunter in week 1.

Some small adjustments i would consider for the passive tree:

https://imgur.com/a/M1Y9JEf

Remove these nodes and get 2 jewel sockets for the points near the Frenzy Charges.

Use the top socket for a Brutal Restraint- (better nodes but gives Dexterity) or Lethal Pride (slightly worse nodes but can help with Strength) jewel because you are using 5 notable passives in this area already.

Bottom jewel can be used for Atziri´s Reign or rare Jewel. I found Atziri´s Reign to be really good with Vaal Blade Vortex because you can get a third use a lot of times and it can really make a huge difference in difficult encounters. A rare Jewel could help with Attributes or Ressistances if needed.

Also i would reconsider using Perfect Agony because it gives only 6% more damage and 3% on non bosses and that 30% less damage with hits kinda hurts the explosions from the Asenath Gloves so i personally wouldn´t use this since this build is probably focused on mapping anyways.

Anyways i am very thankful for this build and its always nice to see fellow Poison BV enjoyers!

Been working on some changes that are now published to hopefully fix up survivability a bit, so the top socket would require more points to be allocated in it's current state.

A timeless jewel could possibly be used for a nice dps increase but there are too many different combinations to recommend one in my opinion.

Bottom socket is a clear boost to life/damage with the right jewel over notable Trickery and i made sure to change this while updating the tree. Im keeping Intuition allocated on the full tree just to make sure everyone is spell suppression capped, but it could be replaced with something like Will of blades for more damage if you manage to stay capped.

And yeah Perfect agony is out of the build since it's only a mere 1% combined dps increase with all the changes made to the tree.

Thanks for the feedback.
"
hackergooby wrote:
"
If you are fine with possibly not being able to kill most bosses and just want to do fast mapping then yes, going to league start it myself cause i know what to expect and i know that i can make some currency for another character if i feel like bossing.

How come this build cant kill most bosses? i would expect poison BV could kill all bosses
Cruelty support is a trap for bossing using this skill right? Against meaty bosses like conquerors and above your blade vortex would barely be meeting the minimum cruelty threshold, if that - POB calculates the cruelty buff to be at maximum by default unless you tweak it.

Efficacy is a more realistic support gem to substitute.
"
Zephn wrote:
Cruelty support is a trap for bossing using this skill right? Against meaty bosses like conquerors and above your blade vortex would barely be meeting the minimum cruelty threshold, if that - POB calculates the cruelty buff to be at maximum by default unless you tweak it.

Efficacy is a more realistic support gem to substitute.

True, just tested it out on shaper and it only seems to be hitting 11% which is 1m less dps compared to using efficacy that also comes with some skill duration.

That's on me for not testing it out enough in 3.16 and i've updated the pob with this exact change.

Thanks for pointing this out.
Spoiler
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
hackergooby wrote:
"

How come this build cant kill most bosses? i would expect poison BV could kill all bosses

Feels like just a scratch from an endgame boss could kill you or maybe im just terrible at bossing, i have tried fixing regens a bit which might help since it was in the negatives with blood rage and coralito's in the build before.

Temporal rift seems kinda interesting since it's pretty much a panic button which would bring you back to full health not requiring any regen to be done at all, this could be used in the place of defiance banner possibly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info