Server providers for South-Africa

Chris said last time they check they could not find a good server provider for hosting in South-Africa. Playing with +150 ping is really frustrating

I made a list of new provider that came online since then:

1. Amazon AWS in CapeTown
2. Microsoft Azure is now available from new enterprise-grade datacentre regions in Africa based in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
3. IBM Hosting server.
4. Coolideas.co.za (I recommend talking to these guys. They are the one of the biggest fibre providers in South-Africa. The owners themselves are also gamers and they communicate with us via a forum. They solve all the issues for their gamers and they are open to hosting the servers for you guys if somebody can be in contact with them.) connect@coolideas.co.za or on the forum : https://tinyurl.com/cnveb9su

I really hope you can find a server provider for us we really been looking forward having servers in South-Africa for a while now.

I hope this reaches the right person

Thank you
Last edited by DTBA on Aug 15, 2021, 12:11:28 PM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2022, 2:13:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
DTBA wrote:
Chris said last time they check they could not find a good server provider for hosting in South-Africa. Playing with +150 ping is really frustrating

I made a list of new provider that came online since then:

1. Amazon AWS in CapeTown
2. Microsoft Azure is now available from new enterprise-grade datacentre regions in Africa based in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
3. IBM Hosting server.
4. Coolideas.co.za (I recommend talking to these guys. They are the one of the biggest fibre providers in South-Africa. The owners themselves are also gamers and they communicate with us via a forum. They solve all the issues for their gamers and they are open to hosting the servers for you guys if somebody can be in contact with them.) connect@coolideas.co.za or on the forum : https://tinyurl.com/cnveb9su

I really hope you can find a server provider for us we really been looking forward having servers in South-Africa for a while now.

I hope this reaches the right person

Thank you

Their current provider is IBM, so if IBM is really there then that's positive. However he also said that the profit number for your region have to support it = all the players from that region have to spent money on MTX regulary basis.

FYI.: Since this has nothing to do with a TECH issue it's posted in the wrong section.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Aug 15, 2021, 2:49:31 PM
I've spun up some very limited testing in South Africa so we can explore the feasibility of some different options.

You can access this by typing SouthAfrica into the gateway selection box.

• There's only around 100 instances of capacity there currently.
  • Don't expect it to be reliable - caveat emptor.
  • We may take it down periodically or change things around.
  • It's set to put new instances on Frankfurt when it's full or offline.
  • This is very early/preliminary. Anything permanent (if this even happens) will be a while away, so temper your expectations.
Really sad that you prio south africa over middle arica ( since it will cover both north and south africa ) im in North Africa and i have been dreaming of a server in Africa since 2013 .. im sad
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
Isn't it like 50ms ping from North Africa to Milan?
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Sep 16, 2021, 9:03:13 PM
I am spreading the word on the South Africa discord for poe. Also telling friends

I am redownloading poe then try it for a bit see how it goes.

Do you guys need feedback or can you see everything your side?

Thank you
Lets hope this sticks,

Having Perma SA servers will be great as it eliminates so many issues for us like routing issues from ISP's etc,

Flicker strike can now be a thing. Also I can now use movement skills for going faster and not slower with constant rubber-banding,

Thanks GGG
Last edited by Timone212 on Sep 17, 2021, 1:30:08 AM
Yaaaay! It's finally happening. Thank you GGG
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Wow.

THANK YOU, so very much.

I've been waiting for this since 2013!

Current feedback - Ping is 200ms, so I assume I am connected to Frankfurt?

If there's any testing or feedback needed, please let me know how I can help!

Know quite a few other South African players. :)

Cheers!
*Pending impressive statement of some variety*
I've been playing PoE as a South African for 6 years. I gave up hope so long ago for local servers, so image my surprise when Tarke mentioned ZA servers directly to Chris? Almost fell out my seat. This means so much to me and the entire PoE ZA community. Thank you, truly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info