Baeclast Podcast with Chris Wilson

Hey, the Baeclast crew are on the front lines. They are the honorary voice of the PoE community, and often they seem detached from the community simply on account of their level of expertise. A great divide has formed between the elite and the core/casual players. It's understandable it can be upsetting when one side is represented more than another.

I'm a casual player, but I don't play PoE because it's any sort of casual game. In fact, the more elite the game is by nature, the more rewarding it is when I achieve something. This is the core philosophy I hope GGG can maintain as the demands of the community continue to grow.
"
CFWorthy wrote:
Hey, the Baeclast crew are on the front lines. They are the honorary voice of the PoE community, and often they seem detached from the community simply on account of their level of expertise. A great divide has formed between the elite and the core/casual players. It's understandable it can be upsetting when one side is represented more than another.

I'm a casual player, but I don't play PoE because it's any sort of casual game. In fact, the more elite the game is by nature, the more rewarding it is when I achieve something. This is the core philosophy I hope GGG can maintain as the demands of the community continue to grow.

The divide is between the zoomers and those that want to interact with the game - i.e. actual gameplay. And then there are those that deliberately misconstruct everything Chis says, just for the sake of hating. They see obvious flaws with the patch and instead of acknowledging that it needs lots of tweaking while respecting the general direction, they call everything bad and attack chris personally. Dead game yadda yadda. You cant win.

I am "casual" as far as you can be casual in PoE and I would like if they slowed it down even further.
Last edited by dyneol on Aug 15, 2021, 11:28:07 AM
"
dyneol wrote:
"
CFWorthy wrote:

The divide is between the zoomers and those that want to interact with the game - i.e. actual gameplay. And then there are those that deliberately misconstruct everything Chis says, just for the sake of hating. They see obvious flaws with the patch and instead of acknowledging that it needs lots of tweaking while respecting the general direction, they call everything bad and attack chris personally. Dead game yadda yadda. You cant win.

I am "casual" as far as you can be casual in PoE and I would like if they slowed it down even further.

---

That is certainly not the divide and the issue is not all about zooming.
"
CFWorthy wrote:

People from all circles were not happy, except those who run acts :D
✨ Beta tester Path of Nerf 👀
I do agree with the idea that always having something to be working towards provides value to the experience. And I don't pretend to know where the balance lies. But I feel like such aggressive adherence to that idea throttles the experience in other ways. It's a little refreshing to hear Chris mention how he values god tier items obtained rarely that change the game in a way that feels like an iwin button. And that he not only defends them but wants to see more of them. Reliquary keys have a similar reward feel to them. It makes you feel like its possible to get something great every once in a while, even if you don't inject t9000 maps with steroids and buy a meta build gear set to get you through.

Current game is still pretty garbage though. Rare monster mods and map mods lead to too many situations where you just get erased with no warning. Meta encounters it happens constantly with. And it makes no sense that alch and go maps can lead to these conclusions so often. You get one dmg mod and extra proj and a harvest encounter can erase 6k hps as soon as it spawns. That is ridiculous, stupid and frustrating.

The way to get by in this game is to have so much dps the mobs don't get a chance to hit you, and it always has been. So why would they insist that encounters MUST be tuned to ensure the player gets hit during them? It's like they're playing an entirely different game than everyone else.
Last edited by defektiv on Aug 15, 2021, 11:18:10 PM
I watched part of it and the look and expressions on the streamers faces said it all. They looked so bored, I mean, after 4 hours of babble, I'd be bored as well.
Re Hard Mode, I suggested this years ago. And I found my post, funny I called the game "Path of Junkshop" here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1214889/page/6

And here was my post about having this mode and how much fun I had with the BLAMT race:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1203757

This is like Dark Souls for PoE. So not for everyone.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
3 questions for the next Baeclast. (BDSM, Laws of retroactively, what for 62% of users)

1. BDSM - it is only the 30 place, by popularity on well-known specific sites. It means - only near 3% of average people is interesting in this kind of entertainment. Why does Chris is persisted to use this mechanic as a core for all 100% of users? Can Chris do a casualistic league for normal people? Kind as return the rules from 3.13.

2. All of the authorities in the world (and authoritarian regimes) must appreciate the Laws.
One of the main laws is not to change anything "retroactively".Why nerfes was introduced on a Standard and ruined all five of my mirror-tier builds? Therefore, I quit POE from day 2 of this League. Can it be possible for GGG to apologize and keep the properties of things, gems, and flasks as they were?

3. Can GGG understand that the current rating on Steam is a real poll of the current sustain of POE. And well predict revenue in next League (s). Only 38% of players are happy. 62% - not happy. It's well representative. What GGG plans to urgently change to break situations.
Hey, I know I'm just one player but seeing Chris sad (was gonna say heartbroken but it I think it's too harsh of a word) about the changes they made really makes me sad myself. The changes are NOT wrong! You tried something, some things worked out some didn't. It's fine to screw up on something (I can't even call it a screw up, just an unnecessary change for instance) especially in such a complex game (I'm talking primarily flasks now, also awakened gems too (and archmage) - everything else is completely fine). Some OTHER games (pointing at one particular mmorpg) screw stuff up majorly (I'd even say WARLORDishly) and only fix it years later (and not even fix 50% of the issues).

You're doing a great job, don't take all the angry comment close to heart. I myself am enjoying the game.
"
3 questions for the next Baeclast. (BDSM, Laws of retroactively, what for 62% of users)

1. BDSM - it is only the 30 place, by popularity on well-known specific sites. It means - only near 3% of average people is interesting in this kind of entertainment. Why does Chris is persisted to use this mechanic as a core for all 100% of users? Can Chris do a casualistic league for normal people? Kind as return the rules from 3.13.

2. All of the authorities in the world (and authoritarian regimes) must appreciate the Laws.
One of the main laws is not to change anything "retroactively".Why nerfes was introduced on a Standard and ruined all five of my mirror-tier builds? Therefore, I quit POE from day 2 of this League. Can it be possible for GGG to apologize and keep the properties of things, gems, and flasks as they were?

3. Can GGG understand that the current rating on Steam is a real poll of the current sustain of POE. And well predict revenue in next League (s). Only 38% of players are happy. 62% - not happy. It's well representative. What GGG plans to urgently change to break situations.

1. no
2. no
3. no

you will not be missed bye

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info