The amout of vendor trash makes me want to quit this game

I think that creating more rewards for scanning through loot and selling "vendor trash" could ease the annoyance of frequent vendor trips.

Like, maybe, OMG, just maybe, a 20% Quality item could return a Whetstone/Scrap from a vendor no matter what color the item is. And maybe, just maybe, an item with a RGB link and 20% Quality, could return both a Chromatic and Whetstone/Scrap. Maybe, just maybe, items that satisfy multiple vendor recipes could return currencies for each recipe satisfied rather than limiting the return to the highest priority recipe. This is such a farfetched idea, I realize, but maybe it could help.

A white 6L with no other notable attributes vendors for the same exact thing as a 6L Shav's with 2x RGB links and 20% Quality. Does that make sense? Ignore PoE's current vendor priority scheme, and try to answer the question using your own logic.

Imo, if GGG would allow the vendors to award currencies in an inclusive rather than exclusive manner for individual items, then the frequent vendor trips would not feel quite so much like "dumping your trash at a junkyard" or selling your items to a pawn shop and more like selling your items at fair value.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Path of Junkshop confirmed.

I wish GGG implements payed leagues, so at least I can test out my suggestion. My thesis is that: since most of Path of Exile content is easily face rolled, most of the gear especially non-DPS(crit) gear are just trash; but if Path of Exile was as hard as BLAMT starting from Twighlight Strand, then the way we view trash gear now would in-theory change.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Mar 10, 2015, 10:55:06 PM
"
torturo wrote:

Self sustaining a pool of high level maps, with no trading, is almost impossible( but still doable, tbh).

pure, unadulterated lie.

you just have to invest time into it and work up from low level maps, do zana dailies, and GRIND.

its actually quite easy nowadays. playing torment 100% solo and self found, it's easier than ever to sustain high level maps. shit you dont even have to work up from low level maps, level 7 zana gives you a free 73-76 maps for fucking free

the problem is that people dont want to invest time into grind, considering it a waste of time, which is absurd and contradictory to this game's nature.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
D3 RoS still has explosions of vendor trash (pretty much any yellow item). When something which isn't trash drops, there is a loot filter in the form of an impossible-to-miss pillar of fluorescent light going into the sky. At this point absolutely no pretense is made at salvaging truly random items as a mechanic, instead using more of a CCG approach to gear design.
so true
do people even equip rares in d3 ? I doubt anyone even picks them up.

blue or white items are literally useless in d3 too, and have been so since its inception.
"
grepman wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
D3 RoS still has explosions of vendor trash (pretty much any yellow item). When something which isn't trash drops, there is a loot filter in the form of an impossible-to-miss pillar of fluorescent light going into the sky. At this point absolutely no pretense is made at salvaging truly random items as a mechanic, instead using more of a CCG approach to gear design.
so true

blue or white items are literally useless in d3 too, and have been so since its inception.

Rares are only used until you get a unique in that slot.

You only use blues until you replace with yellows, then yellows until you replace with unqiues.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Focused looting would help tone down trash (ie. clutter). Until then the game will need to throw at you truckloads of items at every corner, so that you can find what you need in a "reasonable timeframe".

"

I pick up every one of them, for crafting mats & gold. Maybe it's just PoE force of habbit....

E:
Limiting drops of base items downward would already help trash feeling / clutter, but nooo, a 78 map has to drop every-fvking-thing in the known universe.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 11, 2015, 3:38:18 AM
"
grepman wrote:

They are the only non-uniques I do pick up, unless I need some white/blue mats. Only other things I pick up are mats/gems/recipes. If it's gray, white, or blue, it's staying right where it fell.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
D3 RoS still has explosions of vendor trash (pretty much any yellow item).

For some trash, for some valuable materials. Strangely, ATM I wish to drop more blue items in RoS, I'm very low on materials and need to craft few things ;)

Here, I do lately only 80+ IIQ maps and... I wonder, what they insist that we should not be able to turn off rain, because "it spoils atmosphere", but screens after screens of white items covering everything doesn't spoil it.

I know, that some are better coders and some are worse coders, but is it really so hard to code to display items in lower layer than monsters?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
tmaciak wrote:
I know, that some are better coders and some are worse coders, but is it really so hard to code to display items in lower layer than monsters?

Funny. ~Two years ago, back in OB start, I made a comment how it's ridiculous that loot tags cover the minimap, sometimes completely obstructing your navigation. And here we are, 1.4 release imminent and loot trash still covers the minimap. I guess its for CB/OB nostalgia atmosphere :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 11, 2015, 4:25:19 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
B0ombar wrote:

Now imaging if instead of all that junk across the entire map, only 1 DECENT items dropped. Im not saying like something i can sell for an ex or two, but at least something i can put in my shop to at least get a third of what i invested into this map i wouldn't be frustrated like this.

You've got it backwards, dawg.

Imagine you get what you want. Every map you do, you get onea decent item. So, I can do a 100 maps today, I'll get a decent item in every one. Every single map. Every single day. Now imagine how many other players get the same. And the result is, your item is WORTHLESS, because there's six million of items exactly like yours on the market.

You won't ever sell it, not even for 1 portal scroll.

And the punchline is - you won't even get the currency. No items to vendor means no currency. No alterations. No chaos orb recipe. No regal recipe. No nothing. Just one item no one will ever buy.

^ bottomline is that the OP suggestion fits perfectly for a non-economy based game, like D3. In PoE it wouldn't work as it'd have a enormous impact and make virtually all items worthless, due to inflation.
I like many kinds of games 😊

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info