[Archived] Self-Bleed Boneshatter Slayer

"
GimbO wrote:
"
Abraxas1991 wrote:
Guess +1 Trauma on helm and attack speed on boots would be best lab enchants?
Leveling this build slowly, was rocky a bit but got cruel lab on level 49 easy.

Hey, I updated the guide with some leveling tips to ease the way through the acts. I will update PoB with leveling trees later today.

I see that you got through them already, so the main tips for you would be using this aura setup: Pride + Precision + War Banner before you get enough accuracy from your gear and you can use Warlord's Mark for easy rage generation and Berserk for quite a damage boost during maps. Also, I would use Ancestral Cry instead of Battlemage Cry and self-cast the curses/marks as it helps with clear early on quite a lot.

I haven't thought about enchants that much as getting life, accuracy and resistances was already costly, but yeah, the +1 trauma and attack speed for boots are probably the best ones.

Won't play much this weekend but i'll try that aura setup, for now using Anomalus Pride and Flash and Stone + Dread Banner.

For now had no problem with clearing though i only ran 4 maps. So if it get tough i will also change to self-cast curse. As for mapping (again based just on a few maps) i did one t1, one t7 and 2 t11 maps the build is great. Had no deaths on alch and go t11 maps on level 69 and without uber lab.

This build can take some punishment and clear speed with Divergent Melee Splash is so much better than i expected from this build.
Hey man, really interesting build, do you think your going to update it for 3.16?
"
Hey man, really interesting build, do you think your going to update it for 3.16?

Hey, I have updated the guide with an early, unoptimized version of the new PoB for 3.16. I lost some life, but gained damage (PoB does not include damage from the "Crushed" debuff) and also chills thanks to the new mace mastery.

I do not want to update the guide as being "3.16 ready" until I try it out in-game myself, which might take a few weeks since I will not have that much time to play this time around.
Levelling this has been such a slog. There is no way you guys stood with boneshatter up until act 10. What is the best levelling skill with this?
I just respecced to this build and the clear is actually impressive with melee splash. One issue though: Whenever I'm fighting a boss or anything single-target, I die within seconds to seemingly my own attacks. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure how to avoid this.

I have the end-game 3.16 PoB exact except for the medium cluster jewel, small cluster jewel, and watcher's eye (ran out of currency in the respec).

Please help! I really want this build to work!
"
Arieis wrote:
I just respecced to this build and the clear is actually impressive with melee splash. One issue though: Whenever I'm fighting a boss or anything single-target, I die within seconds to seemingly my own attacks. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure how to avoid this.

I have the end-game 3.16 PoB exact except for the medium cluster jewel, small cluster jewel, and watcher's eye (ran out of currency in the respec).

Please help! I really want this build to work!

You REALLY want to get the small cluster with enduring composure, it will make your endurance charges much more reliable during boss fights.

However, I'm aware that there is an issue right now with too much attack speed so you can reach too many trauma stacks. This can be solved by a couple of ways.

One option is to simply stop attacking for a while... which is obviously not optimal, but it requires no changes to be made.

Then you can invest more in physical damage mitigation, mainly physical damage taken as ... (e.g. fire) on helmet and other. This would allow you to tank more trauma stacks as we cannot use armour to mitigate the damage because of Transcendence.

You could also drop Transcendence, but then there will be an issue with elemental damage.

What I want to test is to completely drop the dual-wield version and make a two-handed version. That will have automatically a drastically lower attack speed meaning that you would not reach so many trauma stacks. I think that Tidebreaker is a perfect choice here, but you will lose some damage as you need to invest in armour and chaos resistance if you decide to go with the two-handed version.

I will update the build once I have something ready, but I do not have that much time to play this league and I want to try other build ideas as well so it might take me a while.
I'll try getting the small cluster and seeing if that helps. A little difficult to get currency right now since I kill myself on any mobs, but I'll find a way. It also seems as though I'm dying to a DoT, not just the massive self-inflicts from auto's. I'm unfortunately finding trouble even clearing yellow maps.

Anyways, no worries if it's an old build. I may just have to respec again until updated. Thanks for the response regardless!

If you do get time to check it out, this is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/TcZk009L
Last edited by Arieis on Nov 3, 2021, 3:45:54 PM
"
Arieis wrote:
I'll try getting the small cluster and seeing if that helps. A little difficult to get currency right now since I kill myself on any mobs, but I'll find a way. It also seems as though I'm dying to a DoT, not just the massive self-inflicts from auto's. I'm unfortunately finding trouble even clearing yellow maps.

Anyways, no worries if it's an old build. I may just have to respec again until updated. Thanks for the response regardless!

If you do get time to check it out, this is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/TcZk009L

I glanced over your PoB and the main change should definitely be getting the small cluster jewel with Enduring Composure. You can save chaos orbs, if you buy the base ilvl 68:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/bkLmjbDTL

and roll it either in harvest with defence or with alteration orbs. If you really cannot afford it, you should consider allocating Inexorable or start using Enduring Cry but that is much less reliable.

Other things that might help:

Your resistances are not capped without endurance charges. That is very risky. With no endurance charges, your fire resistance is only 39%. You can get some by simply moving your Militant faith:
https://pastebin.com/5nhaLnNU

Then you might consider getting Steadfast instead of Rampart as that will help mitigate trauma stacks too and pick up the +1 max fort stacks and maybe even the +3 fortify mastery.

To get more leech, you could consider allocating Vitality Void and the leech mastery that gives 20% increased maximum total life recovery per second from Leech. You will need to drop some damage nodes though. Increasing your maximum life will increase your leech too.
Wow this was extremely thorough and well-thought-out. Thank you so much for your reply, I'll be doing all of this today.
I tried all of that and I still die to my own auto-attacks, as if i'm fighting in an ele reflect despite it being white maps. I'll die to trash mobs even.

Capped resistances, same story. Can't sustain auto's, so bossing is impossible. I currently use 2 health flasks just to try to counter mobs.

Updated: https://pastebin.com/DqZimRrH
Last edited by Arieis on Nov 6, 2021, 1:01:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info