[Archived] Self-Bleed Boneshatter Slayer

"
Arieis wrote:
I tried all of that and I still die to my own auto-attacks, as if i'm fighting in an ele reflect despite it being white maps. I'll die to trash mobs even.

Capped resistances, same story. Can't sustain auto's, so bossing is impossible. I currently use 2 health flasks just to try to counter mobs.

Updated: https://pastebin.com/DqZimRrH

I tested the two-handed version but I was not happy with it. I came to the conclusion that the best thing to improve this build will be to drop Transcendence. So I did that, used defensive auras, invested in chaos resistance and max resistance and it seems to be going smoothly for now. I also changed the body armor to Belly of the Beast. I'm no longer ablt to face-tank the big elemental boss attacks that I used to face-tank before but it is much tankier now against physical and chaos damage. You can check out my character for now, I will update once I have everything settled.
This is much better on survivability now. I'm now able to actually do content, which I was not able to do prior. Running t16 maps easily without dying with these changes.

Only question: Boss damage (and with some rares as well) is rather abysmal after moving a lot of these notes to resistances. What upgrade should I be looking for next? I'm doing t16 bosses, albeit slowly, but I don't think I have the dps for a Maven crucible fight let alone Sirus now.

Thank you so much for working on this!!
"
Arieis wrote:
This is much better on survivability now. I'm now able to actually do content, which I was not able to do prior. Running t16 maps easily without dying with these changes.

Only question: Boss damage (and with some rares as well) is rather abysmal after moving a lot of these notes to resistances. What upgrade should I be looking for next? I'm doing t16 bosses, albeit slowly, but I don't think I have the dps for a Maven crucible fight let alone Sirus now.

Thank you so much for working on this!!

Yeah, so swapping out Transcendence is quite a big change to this build. It was kinda built around it. I think that now, the defensive auras might be overkill (you get a ton of armour from weapons already), so you might want to swap Determination and Defiance banner to offensive auras.

Big upgrades (but also expensive) would be a good Watcher's eye and Divergent Melee Splash (this one is huge - that's also a reason for its price).

The max resistances nodes are also not really necessary. I will take them because I want to be as tanky as possible but you should be fine without them as well.

Also, I was thinking about using Divine Flesh - that would be even stronger than max ele resistances while also covering chaos res and investing less points. You get around 60 chaos res just from endurance charges thanks to the weapons, then you can get around 40 chaos res on a small cluster jewel with Born of Chaos notable and you could cap the rest of chaos resistance with your gear. That would mean that you'd have 83% chaos res and half ele damage taken as chaos. The only problem with this is that you rely on having endurance charges up - if you do not have them, elemental damage would kill you fast.

If you decide to drop Determination, you might also drop the reservation points and get enlighten (if needed).

Belly of the Beast is kind of a budget placeholder too. A rare chest piece with +% base crit and additional curse or something else would be much better. Having Assassin's Mark and Vulnerability would also mean much higher bleed uptime, so you might drop the Chance to bleed in vengeance setup.

Generally, upgrading gems (alternate quality/awakened/normal quality) would help out too.

After all this I would start focusing on the jewellery. Getting rings, an amulet and a belt that is actually worth will be quite pricey. You want basically what you have now plus at least one good damage mod (usually influenced ones are the best ones or sth like crit multi on amulet).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info