[Archived] Self-Bleed Boneshatter Slayer

Melee strike skills suck.

I tried to make a tanky build using Boneshatter but it did not end well. You can never be tanky enough to face-tank everything on a budget (Feared, Shaper, ...) so I would never go this route again.

The best way to scale Boneshatter is to have enough damage to burst down everything. This build did not have that.

Boneshatter is still limited by being melee and a strike skill, so you have to stand VERY close to the boss and you can't move. It is a huge mechanical disadvantage that can be really only solved by having so much damage that it does not matter.

I do not want people to follow a bad build, so I took it down.
Last edited by GimbO on Sep 8, 2021, 12:42:05 PM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2021, 10:48:51 AM
reserved
look good !
Are you sure that Blood and Sand works for Boneshatter ? Tool Tip DPS is unimpressed by me turning on Blood and Sand (and yes i checked it in Blood and in Sand Stance ... no Diffrence)
"
AtrejuDakah wrote:
Are you sure that Blood and Sand works for Boneshatter ? Tool Tip DPS is unimpressed by me turning on Blood and Sand (and yes i checked it in Blood and in Sand Stance ... no Diffrence)

You are right. I was originally using it because PoB showed it working but I also tried it in-game and saw no difference.

The newest PoB is updated with the newest setup where I use Pride + Dread Banner + Herald of Purity and low lvl Precision. Investing a little bit in impale increased dps by quite a lot! I might change this in the future if I manage to get a good helmet enchant and enlighten.
Hello, i'm thinking of trying this build as the final for this league.
Just curious how does it perform in Maven fight?
"
Abraxas1991 wrote:
Hello, i'm thinking of trying this build as the final for this league.
Just curious how does it perform in Maven fight?

Hello, I'm still slowly progressing with the build myself so I have done Maven only once. It can definitely be done and you can face-tank most of her attacks, you can over-leech the puddles and so on. It is also definitely a good idea to have an ignite flask for her fireball as well.

However, do you know the beams in the last phase that rotate around? Well, they disable all regen, even life leech. So, you REALLY cannot touch those because if you do, you will die because of the Nebuloch degen. You can survive it if you weapon swap and dodge everything for the duration of the debuff but eh. The beams are definitely a weakness for this build.
Tnx for the answer.

Yeah her last phase is nasty and the beams are death trap for most of the builds anyways just wanted to know about if it is doable.

Well will try this build once i get the clusters and 6 link Lore at least cz it looks like a lot of fun. Tnx for the build :)
Guess +1 Trauma on helm and attack speed on boots would be best lab enchants?
Leveling this build slowly, was rocky a bit but got cruel lab on level 49 easy.
"
Abraxas1991 wrote:
Guess +1 Trauma on helm and attack speed on boots would be best lab enchants?
Leveling this build slowly, was rocky a bit but got cruel lab on level 49 easy.

Hey, I updated the guide with some leveling tips to ease the way through the acts. I will update PoB with leveling trees later today.

I see that you got through them already, so the main tips for you would be using this aura setup: Pride + Precision + War Banner before you get enough accuracy from your gear and you can use Warlord's Mark for easy rage generation and Berserk for quite a damage boost during maps. Also, I would use Ancestral Cry instead of Battlemage Cry and self-cast the curses/marks as it helps with clear early on quite a lot.

I haven't thought about enchants that much as getting life, accuracy and resistances was already costly, but yeah, the +1 trauma and attack speed for boots are probably the best ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info