[3.15] Dex Stacking Blade Trapper! Clear all content with ease!

"
Profatum wrote:
This build takes almost no trap throwing speed nodes so it feels kinda clunky at least compared to other trappers builds just warning. Cannot tell anything about survivability/damage yet since just started gearing and literally spent 2.5ex on this char, but atm kinda struggling with single target even against some yellow map bosses.

Ah nvm i looked up your profile. Blade Trap scaling comes 100% from our gear, so every tiny bit of upgrade helps. Youre missing alot of damage rolls, on your wep and rings, as well as dex on the shield, and gems are still lower level. Every single upgrade makes a huge impact. Your average is 11k per blade hit, opposed to 40k from mine. Just gotta keep working on min maxing and youll get there! :)
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:
This build takes almost no trap throwing speed nodes so it feels kinda clunky at least compared to other trappers builds just warning. Cannot tell anything about survivability/damage yet since just started gearing and literally spent 2.5ex on this char, but atm kinda struggling with single target even against some yellow map bosses.

Ah nvm i looked up your profile. Blade Trap scaling comes 100% from our gear, so every tiny bit of upgrade helps. Youre missing alot of damage rolls, on your wep and rings, as well as dex on the shield, and gems are still lower level. Every single upgrade makes a huge impact. Your average is 11k per blade hit, opposed to 40k from mine. Just gotta keep working on min maxing and youll get there! :)

Do you think if herald of ice is really fit in this build? We don't scale explosions at all and its damage bonus is miniscule. I would rather run blood and sand for reduced damage from faraway monsters or may be even try to fit hatred here. Also what would you suggest about priority of mods on weapon cold damage per dex mandatory and then raw dex/crit chance/ele pen/crit multi/added cold i assume?
And how to craft aside from reroll cold, they are going for 10c minimum on tft. Also why do you use 25% crit multi foil wouldn't 35% be better since blade trap deals fixed amount of hits pet second.
Last edited by Profatum on Aug 3, 2021, 10:03:41 PM
"
Profatum wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

Do you think if herald of ice is really fit in this build? We don't scale explosions at all and its damage bonus is miniscule. I would rather run blood and sand for reduced damage from faraway monsters or may be even try to fit hatred here. Also what would you suggest about priority of mods on weapon cold damage per dex mandatory and then raw dex/crit chance/ele pen/crit multi/added cold i assume?
And how to craft aside from reroll cold, they are going for 10c minimum on tft. Also why do you use 25% crit multi foil wouldn't 35% be better since blade trap deals fixed amount of hits pet second.

I didnt choose a 25% foil, it was just the budget option i had at the time. When i was throwing this build together I was quite poor. Ideally you'd want a 35% prefix foil. The best way to craft these weapons, since there is no "cheap" way to do it, is harvest, fossils, or good ol aug slam. The other option is buy a synthesized 1h sword/claw with implicit 2-4 cold per 10 dex, then try to slam tri flat ele with crit multi or something of the sort.

Also, herald of ice is just the budget option because its low mana reservation. Ideally you'd want Hatred with a level 3 or 4 enlighten to still have enough mana pool to feel comfortable. Every single ounce of extra scaling makes HUGE amounts of difference to your overall dps due to the nature of Blade Trap.

also as far as mod priority goes, it's something like this:

2-4 Cold Damage per 10 dex
Flat cold
Flat lightning / Ele dmg with attack skills / Crit multiplier (all about equal)
Penetration
Flat Fire / Crit chance
Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Aug 3, 2021, 10:40:25 PM

Spent 100c on the base and about 50c on prismatic fossils. Fairly budget craft, however i do intend to fossil slam it more in the future until i hit 3x t1 flat ele or 2x t1 flat ele + WED and crit multi.
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
Every single ounce of extra scaling makes HUGE amounts of difference to your overall dps due to the nature of Blade Trap.

Excuse me what is the nature of blade trap? Like its basically 1 hit each second that also gets buffs from trap damage. Ofc you can land many traps. What am i missing that it makes it scale so good as you say.
Can you post leveling section aswell? <3
Why not dual wield for 25 more damage?
"
Profatum wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:
Every single ounce of extra scaling makes HUGE amounts of difference to your overall dps due to the nature of Blade Trap.

Excuse me what is the nature of blade trap? Like its basically 1 hit each second that also gets buffs from trap damage. Ofc you can land many traps. What am i missing that it makes it scale so good as you say.

Like all attack skills its scales really well from all this added damage on gear.
"
Why not dual wield for 25 more damage?
I was considering it, but i like the tankiness tbh, I know i built this in softcore, but i still dislike dying just as much as the next person :p
"
Profatum wrote:
"
H4RM4G3DD0N wrote:

It hits twice per rotation, because of 2 copies of your weapon, so when you factor in 24 traps hitting 2 times per rotation, thats like 80 hits per second, each hit doing X amount more damage adds up very quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info