Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.15] Dex Stacking Blade Trapper! Clear all content with ease!

7K+ Life, tons of damage, huge AOE, good clear speed, and you freeze/chill everything on a budget? Sounds like a good time!

This is a UNIQUE heavy build, and as such, will not be SSF friendly, however there are no REQUIRED uniques, they just significantly help.

Build Mechanics
Spoiler

We are using a ton of dex stacking in conjunction with
to scale our life and elemental damage to insane levels. To get our huge chunk of base cold damage and allow us to perma chill/freeze everything, we craft a shaper base thrusting one-handed sword with "Deals x-x cold damage per 10 dexterity" The easiest way I found to craft this is just using harvest rerolls (more cold modifiers) to slam it.
it took me about 30 harvest rerolls to hit this weapon craft. While i was making this, I just used a foil with tons of flat cold/lightning and crit multi

Ascendancy Order:
I went Pyromaniac for the hp regen, into Born in the Shadows, into Chain Reaction. I found survival being more needed than damage while leveling, as we get plenty of damage

POB [UPDATED AUGUST 9TH 2021]
https://pastebin.com/1rMABxEH
Please keep in mind that there are multiple viable 6 link options depending on the colors of your loreweave. Ideally you want 5 green 1 red, but 3 green or 4 green works too. Theres tons of gem combos that give similar dps! :)

Note: If you struggle with resistances, you can redirect 2 points to survivalist. If you want a bit more defense, you can redirect a few points for Wind Dancer, and if you want to go for ailment resistance, you are 1 point away from that cluster as well. I left alot of options open for tankier playstyles!

Videos (Mind you these are taken at Lv83. Still missing about 6 major DPS nodes)
T16 Rippy Map:
https://youtu.be/9AwE7S63Nw4
A4 Al-Hezmin:
https://youtu.be/EAKu7eF1ZrQ
I apologize for the low quality. My GPU is outdated so this game is starting to take its toll on my PC :p

Crafting your weapon:

Spoiler
Method 1 (expensive): Buy a foil base with either shaper or hunter influence (Vaal for more crit chance, harpy for more crit multiplier). You now want to fracture that modifier onto the weapon so that you can fossil craft using prismatic fossils. Ideally you want Tier 1 cold and tier 1 lightning or fire, and then crit chance + crit multiplier on the suffix, with 1 open suffix to craft trigger socketed spell. If you're unaware how to fracture a modifier, there are plenty of guides online.
Method 2 (much cheaper): Buy a synthesized foil with 5.7 or higher base crit that has the Cold per 10 Dex modifier as a synthesis implicit. I found a few this league for anywhere between 20c and 4ex, just depends on the market at the time. Since it is an implicit modifier, you can then just prismatic fossil slam your foil until you hit the desired mods.

Desired Prefixes in order of value
Cold Damage to Attacks
Lightning Damage to Attacks
Penetration
%elemental damage with attack skills
Fire damage to attacks

Desired Suffixes in order of value
Critical Strike Chance (pushes your base crit upwards a ton)
Critical Strike Multiplier
Dexterity
Open suffix for trigger craft

Leveling:
Spoiler
1-12: Level with whatever you feel like, I change up what i do for 1-12 every single time i level because its super easy regardless
From 12 onward, put on your blade trap, slap on added cold/lightning, swift assembly and go to town. Just itemize around added flat elemental damage (Suggested weps are The Princess, Hand of Thought and Motion, or Fidelitas spike with The Deep Ones Hide or any decent shield with life + resists in your off hand)

I rode all the way to mapping using a hand of thought and motion and an astramentis, some heralds, and i ramped up my life a ton on the passive tree as i never felt like i needed much damage once i got dex stacking. If youre SSF you can just find a nice wep with + cold/lightning and maybe some crit, which will do just fine. Switch to cluster traps as soon as youre able!
Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Aug 6, 2021, 10:17:21 PM
Last bumped on Aug 7, 2021, 5:48:23 PM
Hey looks like a pretty interesting idea. Although i have a few questions the first one is how much damage does this build have? In POB i see 57k per hit, i understand that there will like 20 traps and each attack 2 times per sec, but still very far from typical trap damage when allowed to stack traps and definitely not tons like may be a 2-3 millions at most. And are you sure about replica loreweave? Isn't max res penalty too harsh?
Last edited by Profatum on Aug 3, 2021, 11:32:34 AM
I'm only level 83 at the moment, with 6k HP, and I am able to do rippy t16 maps with Sirus influenced mobs without an issue. And while the damage may seem low on the tooltip, im destroying maps and bosses with ease, I have not found a single issue yet. With alot of gear minmaxing too, you can push the average dmg to around 100k, especially with a +1 rotation helmet enchant or 40% dmg helm enchant. I havent had many issues with the loreweave and 72% max res tbh, bc most mobs die off screen or get frozen til they die.
What about mana? We have 190 unreserved mana and blade trap costs 90 mana seems kinda rough. Btw already buying gear for this build, i have to try it even if it sucks.
Last edited by Profatum on Aug 3, 2021, 1:12:22 PM
Video?
"
Profatum wrote:
What about mana? We have 190 unreserved mana and blade trap costs 90 mana seems kinda rough. Btw already buying gear for this build, i have to try it even if it sucks.

My traps cost 55 mana per throw, and i have 322 unreserved, the mana costs in POB are still based on the old values. before they fixed them. Also enduring mana flask helps alot when we're spamming
Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Aug 3, 2021, 2:20:55 PM
"
dboySasha wrote:
Video?
Uploading a t16 map video right now, (corrupted, rippy)
2 Videos uploaded.
This build takes almost no trap throwing speed nodes so it feels kinda clunky at least compared to other trappers builds just warning. Cannot tell anything about survivability/damage yet since just started gearing and literally spent 2.5ex on this char, but atm kinda struggling with single target even against some yellow map bosses.
Last edited by Profatum on Aug 3, 2021, 7:57:38 PM
"
Profatum wrote:
This build takes almost no trap throwing speed nodes so it feels kinda clunky at least compared to other trappers builds just warning. Cannot tell anything about survivability/damage yet since just started gearing and literally spent 2.5ex on this char, but atm kinda struggling with single target even against some yellow map bosses.
Mind linking your POB here? I am sure i can figure out exactly where your issue lies, bc ive had little to no issue with single target.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info