Encounters III - Stone of the Currents (Wharf) Voltage Surge buff bugged

Just did this challenge success! i single targeted boss down to 24 percent or so then let all orbs spawn kited the orbs up the ramp to the side then dashed down so they were stuck up top and i could not hit them then let boss put up his bubble and the killed him with slow dps till cull to make sure his bubble did not go away right before kill! Hope this helps
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
delasteve wrote:
tl;dr Culling the boss with the purple aegis up (Voltage Surge) and 15+ flood orbs spawned results in a failed challenge.

Details:

At 75, 50, and 25% health, the boss will spawn between 4-8 Flood Orbs. Once all 15+ orbs have spawned, I will kite them away to a corner and trap them so they won't die when I cull the boss. The boss will get down to 1hp using Southbound and an Elemental Focus gem. I will run away from the boss to have it's shield go away. I will then run back in to the boss and wait for it to cast the shield again. Once it's cast, I will cast Bane to finish the boss off. This results in a challenge failed.

Extra info:

Having spoken with others who have done the challenge themselves, they've also reported to me that it's RNG based and they didn't change anything in their technique, but after several attempts, it completed.

If necessary, I can post a video or screenshots of my attempts.

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.

You responded a month ago and u haven't gotten back? ...

This should have been fixed in patch 3.15.2. If anyone is still having this problem please post a video of it occurring.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
delasteve wrote:
tl;dr Culling the boss with the purple aegis up (Voltage Surge) and 15+ flood orbs spawned results in a failed challenge.

Details:

At 75, 50, and 25% health, the boss will spawn between 4-8 Flood Orbs. Once all 15+ orbs have spawned, I will kite them away to a corner and trap them so they won't die when I cull the boss. The boss will get down to 1hp using Southbound and an Elemental Focus gem. I will run away from the boss to have it's shield go away. I will then run back in to the boss and wait for it to cast the shield again. Once it's cast, I will cast Bane to finish the boss off. This results in a challenge failed.

Extra info:

Having spoken with others who have done the challenge themselves, they've also reported to me that it's RNG based and they didn't change anything in their technique, but after several attempts, it completed.

If necessary, I can post a video or screenshots of my attempts.

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.

This should have been fixed in patch 3.15.2. If anyone is still having this problem please post a video of it occurring.[/quote]

won't post a video as my pc is meh but did over 40 successful runs of the challenge as service. The challenge is still bugged in many ways.

1. If any mechanic spawns in the boss arena it pretty much fails as the boss won't spawn the orbs where the mechanic is.

2. Even if you spawn the required number of orbs the challenge sometimes randomly fails

3. Boss spawns a random number of orbs (I suspect he spawns orbs around him in a radius so if you kite him to a side you lose out on orbs from the other side of the arena, this is not a bug, just unfortunate design if you want to make it a challenge)

I know it is a complex game and things break but it would be really helpful for everyone, especially ggg as a company if you tested these things before making it a challenge.

It is also entirely possible that the whole community missed on some interaction, it would be cool if we had a comment on it if it is the case
Last edited by ArkamHatchet on Aug 31, 2021, 1:06:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info