Encounters III - Stone of the Currents (Wharf) Voltage Surge buff bugged

tl;dr Culling the boss with the purple aegis up (Voltage Surge) and 15+ flood orbs spawned results in a failed challenge.

Details:

At 75, 50, and 25% health, the boss will spawn between 4-8 Flood Orbs. Once all 15+ orbs have spawned, I will kite them away to a corner and trap them so they won't die when I cull the boss. The boss will get down to 1hp using Southbound and an Elemental Focus gem. I will run away from the boss to have it's shield go away. I will then run back in to the boss and wait for it to cast the shield again. Once it's cast, I will cast Bane to finish the boss off. This results in a challenge failed.

Extra info:

Having spoken with others who have done the challenge themselves, they've also reported to me that it's RNG based and they didn't change anything in their technique, but after several attempts, it completed.

If necessary, I can post a video or screenshots of my attempts.
Last edited by delasteve on Aug 3, 2021, 8:24:14 AM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2021, 11:02:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I ran into this bug as well. Attached is a twitch.tv clip demonstrating the same general approach as delasteve

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriumphantRichWheelFreakinStinkin-Yj80Vf4f4yFqEdCq
Same here. I spawned 18 Flood Orbs, then killed the boss with its purple shield up. Several times. Failed every time.
Can anyone who completed this challenge tell me what spell worked for killing blow?

I keep failing every time with blight and ED
This is happening for me as well. I'm using Speaker's Wreath to prevent killing flood orbs and have switched between Flameblast, Power Siphon, and Kinetic Blast (with and without culling strike support) to kill the boss when he has voltage surge up.

I've tried twinned maps, different tier maps, with/without maven, no difference.

I've done this over 10 times now, and fail every time.
I got the same problem too
I have the same problem too and I have done 30+ Wharf maps but still failed. Here is a clip of it https://streamable.com/odi1vf
Last edited by Asdqwe02 on Aug 3, 2021, 7:09:26 PM
Just randomly happened when I wasn't even trying to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHJyf7hteM

AL8 with the Maven and extra resist mods. It was dying just slow enough to spawn all 3 waves of orbs and just fast enough to die before they would get to me.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 3, 2021, 10:39:51 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Just randomly happened when I wasn't even trying to get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHJyf7hteM

AL8 with the Maven and extra resist mods. It was dying just slow enough to spawn all 3 waves of orbs and just fast enough to die before they would get to me.

I think this completion confirms what I've been thinking about this challenge. I believe that they worded or coded the challenge incorrectly.
Last edited by EntropicMind on Aug 9, 2021, 12:32:02 AM
"
delasteve wrote:
tl;dr Culling the boss with the purple aegis up (Voltage Surge) and 15+ flood orbs spawned results in a failed challenge.

Details:

At 75, 50, and 25% health, the boss will spawn between 4-8 Flood Orbs. Once all 15+ orbs have spawned, I will kite them away to a corner and trap them so they won't die when I cull the boss. The boss will get down to 1hp using Southbound and an Elemental Focus gem. I will run away from the boss to have it's shield go away. I will then run back in to the boss and wait for it to cast the shield again. Once it's cast, I will cast Bane to finish the boss off. This results in a challenge failed.

Extra info:

Having spoken with others who have done the challenge themselves, they've also reported to me that it's RNG based and they didn't change anything in their technique, but after several attempts, it completed.

If necessary, I can post a video or screenshots of my attempts.

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Aug 4, 2021, 11:38:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info