[3.15] TotalQlimax's Mjölner Manabond Hiero - 27M+ DPS (14M+ Sirus), 10K+ eHP. All content viable!

"
I can do a new build, import from my char, set options and get one value. I can do it again 15 minutes later and get totally different numbers when nothing changes.

I assume that you are messing up the options in this case. Best to my knowledge this should not happen in PoB. At least I've not faced this yet.
"
TotalQlimax wrote:
"
I can do a new build, import from my char, set options and get one value. I can do it again 15 minutes later and get totally different numbers when nothing changes.

I assume that you are messing up the options in this case. Best to my knowledge this should not happen in PoB. At least I've not faced this yet.

I really have no idea. I'm pretty much copying exactly your config options in POB (except the # of mana spent and putting my own in there) into a new build and I get different numbers each time I do a new import. Definitely making it harder to see if I'm doing more damage vs my old one, but I definitely have much higher EHP.
Hey TotalQlimax, can you take a look at my profile ? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mareSLO/characters

I just transitioned to the build, still fresh, don't have all the gear yet. I seem to be reserving a little bit more mana then you, but i don't know why. Maybe one of your auras is not turned on in the videos ? The gear and the gem links are also a little different. Could you do a quick check to see if everything is ok, and let me know ? Also posted in one of your youtube videos, but since i don't see the comment, i also decided to do it here.

One other thing. Should any of the gems be kept at low level ? For example cast when damage taken. In your pob i see a few low level gems/spells.
Last edited by mareSLO on Aug 6, 2021, 4:37:32 PM
"
mareSLO wrote:
I seem to be reserving a little bit more mana then you, but i don't know why.
Wrath is the only % based reservation and that one is free. The others (Clarity, Precision and Vitality) all reserve flat numbers rather than % which make up a much smaller amount of a huge mana pool than they do with a small one.

Improve the gear, bump up your mana and the reservation will start to reduce in relation to your available pool.

Personally I'd push out all the stops to try and grab an indigon asap. It's a huge boost in offense and defense. After that you'll find it a lot easier to grind out the upgrades.

You want your Wave of Conviction popping out as often as possible to debuff enemies, so keeping your CWDT as low as possible helps. You can raise your WoC up to the CWDT level requirement, but to make it easier to play Physical Reflect I'd personally just leave it at 1 as well. You won't notice the difference.

Other than that avoid pushing your dex/strength gems too high for your gear to handle and push them as higher when you can.

"
Avolantyr wrote:
I really have no idea. I'm pretty much copying exactly your config options in POB (except the # of mana spent and putting my own in there) into a new build and I get different numbers each time I do a new import.
Have an example of two of those imports?

PoB works off set inputs and outputs carried out in a consistent order each time, so while the numbers won't always be perfect (it's community based after all) they should be consistent as long as the inputs are. Nothing dynamic at play in terms of the formula, unless there's some funky bug at play with your specific gear setup.

This build in particular has lots of levers that change the result to a point it can be hard to ensure consistent inputs without great care. Manabond, Manastorm and Arcane Cloak all have interactions with mana numbers and dps that can massively change results if a single toggle is checked or unchecked accidentally.
Hi,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to reply, it's very kind of you!

Secondly, I think I figured out the weirdness with POB -- for some odd reason calculating DPS skews widely if I don't open a brand new instance of POB and import from my character from scratch and redo all of the config options.

Say I was working on a build and set my config options, but I just wanted to go back to my live build and keep my config options, if I do an import and picked delete skills/equipment/jewels, it seems not everything gets cleared even though visually I see exactly the same thing when comparing 2 builds side by side with the exact same items and config options. I believe that explains my weird discrepancy in DPS calcs.

Side note, if I shared my POB, would you be able to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Sorry I've only been playing 3 months and this game is very complicated.
Thanks TsuDhoNim for answering the recent questions. I am quite busy at the current time. I hope to manage posting the updates of the character and gear for the two weeks into league section tomorrow!

"
One other thing. Should any of the gems be kept at low level ? For example cast when damage taken. In your pob i see a few low level gems/spells.

As TsuDhoNim said, you want Cast when Damage taken (CwDT) and Wave of Conviction (WoC) to be Level 1 for the trigger rate and because a high level WoC might kill you in Physical Reflect maps. I've noticed that at your current Profile your WoC will not be procced by CwDT at all, because the WoC is to high level for your CwDT, just leave both at level 1.
"
Avolantyr wrote:
Side note, if I shared my POB, would you be able to help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? Sorry I've only been playing 3 months and this game is very complicated.
Sure.

With your character public we can directly import it into PoB too, so depending on what you're looking for might not even need to share it. What specifically are you hoping for from it?

One of the handiest things in PoB is instead of staring at the config file confused, speaking for myself there not aimed at you, hover over specific numbers to find differences with them. PoB breaks down all the factors contributing to those numbers so you can quickly see where the changes are coming from.

Quickly comparing it to the guide PoB you can see two big differences.

- Your more multiplier is much lower. Swap out your Awakened Spell Cascade (amazing for clear, poor for bosses unless they have minions and jump around a lot) for a Concentrated Effect and you'll skyrocket that one. (Obviously keep using Cascade for clearing trash mobs)

- Your trigger rate is much lower at 3.67/sec compared to the guides 7.44/sec. The balancing of CDR (cool down recovery) and attack rate is a big part of trigger/CoC type builds. Might be worth rereading the old Reddit thread Qlimax linked in the important mechanics section or just using his cheat sheet and pushing your attack rate to the ~6/sec target for 0 CDR.

Your Mjolner has the fortify corruption so you can easily drop Fortify from your Cyclone links. Popping an onslaught in there will help boost your attacks for a big dps jump. Just take care not to push it too high (often see folks tanking their damage with a divergent giving them too much attack speed) without getting some CDR to match it. So play with PoB or ask in here before any heavy investments there.

After you're probably looking at things like more mana on jewels, replacing the unique ring and belt for targeted rares, a Watcher's Eye with Wrath pen and whatever combo of Precision, Clarity and Vitality mods you feel you need most for dps or sustain, 21 gems, swapping your WoC for a divergent to get more uptime on the exposure, swapping Clarity to anomalous (mana sustain), Precision to divergent (dps), Vitality for either probably divergent, and potentially swapping out your anointment for a double curse setup... but all into min max territory and getting expensive.

If you're looking for tank rather than damage stuff like a Chaos res focused small cluster along with a defense focused Watchers probably the way to go, but all depends on where you feel you'd like to improve the build. It's always trading gains in one area for gains in another, so balancing to playstyle is important.

Last edited by TsuDhoNim on Aug 8, 2021, 5:30:13 PM
Loving the build so far! So first of let me thank you for the guide and your invested time in it!

I only have two problems currently...random oneshots (probably from crits and expedition monsters), but the main problem is single target damage.
On tougher bosses like invitations and conquerors I swap out cascade to conc effect and my frostblink to SoP, pressing AC on full mana then vortex but still feels like I'm not doing enough damage.

Here is my snapshot PoB, any help is appreciated! https://pastebin.com/5PgMrjx3

PS: I have like 2ex so budget is tight, buying for example UI seems far away.
From my own toying around with this skill and type of build, I'd like to hear some input from you on some ideas/matters:

Manastorm+indigon, they don't work together, sacrificide mana =! spent mana, so you're killing your effective damage really, why not drop manastorm and find a big mana+hp+es shield? (this will also fix resists and stats issues)

stun immunity: I got around this by using heart of oak annoint+80% boot enchant, US is good but you'd save 4 points and loose mind drinker

status immunity: I droped illuminated devotion and instead grabbed the flask Kiaras determination

crit: by dropping illuminated devotion, I grabbed conviction of power, it makes resists easier via end charges and gives crit chance, with a rare shield and some point shuffling you can get some dps boost over EO

Alternative status immunity: second essence worm and use artic armour for freeze immunity

low life option: shavs+prism guardian vs replica kaoms

gloves: shapers touch would be a tad bit less damage than algor mortis, but way moe defensive given the high stats

"
TsuDhoNim wrote:

- Your more multiplier is much lower. Swap out your Awakened Spell Echo (amazing for clear, poor for bosses unless they have minions and jump around a lot) for a Concentrated Effect and you'll skyrocket that one. (Obviously keep using Echo for clearing trash mobs)

Thank you for your advice! I don't boss, I'm just trying to safely level up (T14 vanilla maps at best here). Supposedly putting in Concentrated Effect bumps my DPS to 11m with Manabond. But it just "feels" like I'm doing less damage compared to my old Inquisitor CoC/Cospri/Ice Nova, does that make sense?

"

- Your trigger rate is much lower at 3.67/sec compared to the guides 7.44/sec. The balancing of CDR (cool down recovery) and attack rate is a big part of trigger/CoC type builds. Might be worth rereading the old Reddit thread Qlimax linked in the important mechanics section or just using his cheat sheet and pushing your attack rate to the ~6/sec target for 0 CDR.

So I have read this before when I was doing Cospri and honestly, I'm dense, and I don't understand it still. I read some other guides linked from that Reddit thread, and if I add 3% more attack speed, I'm at 6.07 attack rate with Cyclone in PoB. Am I reading this correctly?

"

Your Mjolner has the fortify corruption so you can easily drop Fortify from your Cyclone links. Popping an onslaught in there will help boost your attacks for a big dps jump. Just take care not to push it too high (often see folks tanking their damage with a divergent giving them too much attack speed) without getting some CDR to match it. So play with PoB or ask in here before any heavy investments there.

Yup the reason I did this is because I felt like Fortify wasn't triggering often enough, I guess due to my low APS?

"

After you're probably looking at things like more mana on jewels, replacing the unique ring and belt for targeted rares, a Watcher's Eye with Wrath pen and whatever combo of Precision, Clarity and Vitality mods you feel you need most for dps or sustain, 21 gems, swapping your WoC for a divergent to get more uptime on the exposure, swapping Clarity to anomalous (mana sustain), Precision to divergent (dps), Vitality for either probably divergent, and potentially swapping out your anointment for a double curse setup... but all into min max territory and getting expensive.

I'm still using remnants from my old Cospri build, that's why I'm still running The Taming and some jewels, also the Tactician helps me with Flask Charges so I can spam my old Rotgut for movement speed. Mapping just feels slow without this. Last night I changed it for a Cyclopean Coil for ailment immunity to shock and ignite, but then I fell a little short on max resistances (chaos aside) and couldn't clear Alva incursions before running out of time due to slow movement speed and couldn't pop the flask often enough.

Considering how many times I've died recently (in parties though), I'm wary of always having a small amount of HP. My old build had 4.5K HP and 4.5K ES and T16s felt far safer.

Sometimes I've swapped out the suggested amulet for Presence of Chayula for more Chaos resist + Atziri's Promise. I've also looked at potentially sacrificing damage for Shav's in chest to protect against Chaos. But right now, my goal is to just safely level with vanilla maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info