[3.17] Cheapbunny's Summon Reaper Build (Hit based + Bleed + Poison) + Animate Weapon

I personally love this build. I've been trying to find a build that really motivated me to play, despite all the meta builds out there. All the youtube videos that depict 100 million DPS, and one day, I met Reaper and decided to try it during an ED/C build and was like, wth, why not? He plowed thru monsters while leveling, and pondered the possibilities. Reason why I love this build? It's a real build, no top 1% build that costs 100+ exalts. The stats of the gear is more or less doable for a normal player with the exception of a few key pieces. Other than that, I can't wait to try this build out and just wanted a road path to be able to do so.
hey @cheapbunny
will you update this build for 3.17?
"
mydepair wrote:
hey @cheapbunny
will you update this build for 3.17?

Hello, I will update the build guide once the new passive tree is available in POB
Seriously eyeing this as my league start this round. Ran this build in 3.16 after I finished out my pathfinder and had a bunch of fun on it.

Luckily I think since the balance pass this time around was relatively light the POB from 3.16 should transition *almost* perfectly for league start / early game.

The only big changes will be any old influence mods the late game really benefitted from being moved to the normal mod pool?
"
Irishguy9001 wrote:
Seriously eyeing this as my league start this round. Ran this build in 3.16 after I finished out my pathfinder and had a bunch of fun on it.

Luckily I think since the balance pass this time around was relatively light the POB from 3.16 should transition *almost* perfectly for league start / early game.

The only big changes will be any old influence mods the late game really benefitted from being moved to the normal mod pool?

Yes, passives skill for this build is unaffected, I have included 3.17 passive skill tree in the build guide.

+1 gem mods on amulet has been moved from influence mods to normal mod pool, but there is already guide out there teaching how to craft +2 amulet using meta craft and harvest, I think the cost gonna be roughly the same.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Feb 5, 2022, 1:53:17 PM
Hi, thanks for the build, I'm enjoying it but I have a question.

I don't like summoning animated weapon and bladefall all the time, is it possible for example to change animated weapon to summon skeletons? or is it a big loss of cleanspeed.

"
Saiwon wrote:

I don't like summoning animated weapon and bladefall all the time, is it possible for example to change animated weapon to summon skeletons? or is it a big loss of cleanspeed.

bladefall applies vulnerability in this build - it is also an easy way to get out animated weapons (which are fantastic minions).

the issue with just summoning skeletons is that you would no longer be applying vulnerability - so you'd have to find a way to get that back on the build.
"
Saiwon wrote:

Actually you dont need to cast animate weapon all the time, animate weapon last twice as longer as summon skeleton, I would imagine that you need to cast summon skeleton as frequent. Skeleton clear slower than animate weapon due to slower movement speed, although not by much I think.

If you decided to switch to summon skeleton, you just need to manual cast vulnerability on big enemy (you get doom curse effect this way as well), you don't need it all the time.
Last edited by cheapbunny on Feb 17, 2022, 2:36:42 PM
Hey there! I was wondering if the +2 amulet is better than a ashes of the stars amulet, combined with divergent summon reaper for 50% decreased cooldown and making it a 2 second cooldown for the skill. I'm not familiar with this build because I haven't played it but I'm looking forward to and wanted to know your thoughts.
Last edited by Doughbuoy on Feb 20, 2022, 3:12:04 PM
having HUGE defense issues.
not having ES or spell suppression - you just get nuked by everything.

edit: i threw like 15ex at the build today and its feeling way better.

its really hard to find +level of gem on gear, even in trade league.
so im just trying to be as tanky as possible right now.
Last edited by Morále on Feb 20, 2022, 9:09:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info