[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

We take the Assured Strike cluster for two reasons: the first reason is because of the slight better damage (we don't need the aoe from Brinkmanship because of Slayer mastery). The second reason is for an extra notable for Lethal Pride

Ah right I forgot you were running lethal pride, it'll be nice now that you can use PoB to find a guaranteed 15% double damage jewel.

"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

About 2 weeks into league I bought a watchers eye jewel just like that one for about 8ex or so which made things a lot easier to deal with on the tree. You can do your method with the impale chance instead if needed or add the impale chance jewels, but you can probably pull dread banner for war banner if you get the 2x watcher's eye and an impale jewel or two.

A double impale mod jewel or a chance to impale/double damage one? I wish I had that kind of currency that early lol.

"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

Our 6th gem slot goes to Lifetap because its the best damage for us apart from Concentrated effect. We do not run concentrated effect because it has too much of an int requirement and it reduces aoe too much. We already get maim from other sources (flesh and stone, totems) and fortify is better to grab on the tree than use the gem.

Well and it's nice because you don't have to worry about mana then, but the life cost is kind of high and the life regen/recovery seems kind of low. I wouldn't want to run conc effect because I hate having to deal with off color gems.
The new grand spectrum looks a nice option for ailment immunity if you don't go for the forbidden jewels.

https://i.redd.it/kmmdk9dus5i91.jpg

For 3 jewel slots you get immunity, or you can do 2 to get 48% avoidance and grab the 20% shield mastery. The last 32 can be gained from veiled chest prefix or a combination of shield suffix and eldritch implicit on boots or the tree.
Last edited by fate3 on Aug 17, 2022, 3:09:28 PM
Could you please explain what is the difference or even more so why is that a difference between your build and Octavians build?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/octavian0/characters

I got interested in this as it was mentioned by Tarke and searched and found your guide which is very well put together, but i wanna know how is he not getting resolute technique and why is he full eva/armor and not full armor like this build.
Last edited by Gizdalord on Aug 17, 2022, 7:51:06 PM
"
Gizdalord wrote:
Could you please explain what is the difference or even more so why is that a difference between your build and Octavians build?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/octavian0/characters

I got interested in this as it was mentioned by Tarke and searched and found your guide which is very well put together, but i wanna know how is he not getting resolute technique and why is he full eva/armor and not full armor like this build.

Hi! I'm taking a look at the build currently, and here's some information that I can see after glancing for a few minutes.

Octavian's build is likely not going to hit the spell suppression cap after the changes, but suppression is a very good mechanic to use over versatile combatant. We use Versatile Combatant because it is much easier to get those defensive benefits compared to Spell Suppression. Spell Suppression is 'better' than Spell block as a consistent 50% less damage is better than a 50/50 chance to take no damage. Remember, spell suppression rolls can only be on gear that has evasion rating as a default defensive value.

When it comes to leech, Octavian digs into leech more for a form of sustain, which is a great idea in a hardcore environment as it helps mitigate a 'death by a thousand cuts' problem that some builds have. Leech is great because it naturally counters these types of issues which can happen if you, for example, get frozen or petrified. It's also good in bosses as you can heal quickly without using a flask.

On a damage standpoint, the damage is much lower, and Precise Technique is taken over Resolute Technique because of the easier access nodes. We run Resolute Technique because you can get it on a Prismatic Eclipse pretty easily, and the investment it would take to use accuracy and precision is roughly the same as if we don't.

It looks like Octavian's build is more for a mapping focus but can also do bosses, while my armor version is intended to pad damage to have faster fighting. You can pull auras in this build to get determination if you would like and the defenses should look roughly the same (apart from lower HP totals).
Thank you very much for the reply.

One more question i had that i didnt see in the guide.

When it comes to mapping what are the mods that we totally cant run at all?

All i saw that lowered block chance maps are dangerous. But I'd assume we cant do reflect cuz that would 1 shot us and neither can we do no regen maps? I dont even know if leech counts as regen but i assume it does cuze its regening your hp over time. But if it isnt and it is a keyword that you leech and not regen than i guess no regen maps are okay.
Is there even no leech map mods? If so we defo cant do those right?
"
Gizdalord wrote:
Thank you very much for the reply.

One more question i had that i didnt see in the guide.

When it comes to mapping what are the mods that we totally cant run at all?

All i saw that lowered block chance maps are dangerous. But I'd assume we cant do reflect cuz that would 1 shot us and neither can we do no regen maps? I dont even know if leech counts as regen but i assume it does cuze its regening your hp over time. But if it isnt and it is a keyword that you leech and not regen than i guess no regen maps are okay.
Is there even no leech map mods? If so we defo cant do those right?

The only really scary one is lower block chance as block is a big defensive tool we use. Slayer gives us immunity to reflected physical damage so it is not a problem. No regeneration is fine since we can still leech.

The only other potentially problematic map mod would be 'no leech', but this can be easily patched with an enduring mana flask if you're using mana for shield crush, or with an extra life flask to be safe since we don't leech back by default. Normally I swap out Rotgut for the previously mentioned flasks.
Last edited by OMFGaTaco on Aug 18, 2022, 1:06:51 PM
Hello. Gonna run this build once Lake of Kalandra drops. I'm by no means a hardcore player, but I'm not a beginner either as I've made it to mid-tier maps on many character types throughout the last few years.

I've always wanted to make it to endgame bosses, but I tend to fizzle out earlier than that.

Your build seems very well thought out and understandable for a mid-tier player, so thank you very much, and I'm sure I'll come asking questions in the next few days as the league gets started!
"
Popolac wrote:
Hello. Gonna run this build once Lake of Kalandra drops. I'm by no means a hardcore player, but I'm not a beginner either as I've made it to mid-tier maps on many character types throughout the last few years.

I've always wanted to make it to endgame bosses, but I tend to fizzle out earlier than that.

Your build seems very well thought out and understandable for a mid-tier player, so thank you very much, and I'm sure I'll come asking questions in the next few days as the league gets started!

If there are any questions or oddities that you see in the build guide or while you're playing, please let me know! The point of this build is to be as comprehensive as possible so anyone can pick it up and have a good time in a league.
looking into starting with your build for league start, and was wondering if there is anything notable difference between starting as glad over slayer?

i can see only the slayer PoB is updated to 3.19 but the skill trees still look exactly the same, so i would assume its only ascendancy choice that is different?
deleted
Last edited by Gizdalord on Aug 19, 2022, 3:22:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info