[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
DapperDucky wrote:
you dont have fortify in any of the skill gem links, and in the POB we dont take melee hits fortify, should that be changed?

We take melee hits fortify on the Steadfast cluster. You can take the mastery in either cluster if you want, though.
I started this league as shield crush but for the life of me i cant get over 1,5m sirus Dps as glad i have a 20ex shield and pretty decent gear any chance you can maybe take a look a the pob see if im doing anything wrong?

i run 6 aura's pride, determination ,vunerbility+ blashpemy ,blood and sand, war banner, herald of purity and have the lifetap in the shield charge link since im down to 24 mana.

https://pastebin.com/VJdyCYPp
"
rory69 wrote:
I started this league as shield crush but for the life of me i cant get over 1,5m sirus Dps as glad i have a 20ex shield and pretty decent gear any chance you can maybe take a look a the pob see if im doing anything wrong?

i run 6 aura's pride, determination ,vunerbility+ blashpemy ,blood and sand, war banner, herald of purity and have the lifetap in the shield charge link since im down to 24 mana.

https://pastebin.com/VJdyCYPp

The build you are playing is the bleed version which is used for mapping, not this guide which is an impale version. This guide does not support the bleed version of Shield Crush
I am attempting this build, but I do not understand Resolute Technique. In the tree on PoB it isn't selected yet it says the node is taken. How? Is it granted some other way?
"
TheWonderbrah wrote:
I am attempting this build, but I do not understand Resolute Technique. In the tree on PoB it isn't selected yet it says the node is taken. How? Is it granted some other way?

We get Resolute Technique through the corrupted modifier on Prismatic Eclipse. It costs about 10c to purchase on trade at the time of writing.

In PoB it is forced on to help with damage consistency when looking at different item sets. You can remove the line to turn it off if needed. The modifier is located in Configuration > Custom Modifiers
Hello, i took this guide as baseline and tried me best to increase DPS and survivability.

My current conclusion - spell block is worse than spell suppression. Because we cutoff 25% of maximum block chance.

This is my current version - https://pastebin.com/7Cbrt7Y3 .
Summary: 16m dps (10m fair dps - no frenzy, no vaal warchief), 75 block, 77% evasion, 80% (73% if sirus hits you) phys reduction and 97% spell suppression with flask (87% without and it is possible to get 100%). I dont like to generate Frenzy Charges with Frenzy "autoattack" so i picked Swagger.

Also i dropped impale support because it is possible to reach 100% without it (gloves + mastery + cluster).

And you can get even more DPS with Ashes and some tweaks with tree. Around 19-20m. And with some insane Timeless jewel with double damage it is even possible to reach ~30m DPS.

But maybe i missing something? What are your thoughts about that variation?
Last edited by PrimarchFerrus on Jun 7, 2022, 12:08:50 PM
"
Hello, i took this guide as baseline and tried me best to increase DPS and survivability.

My current conclusion - spell block is worse than spell suppression. Because we cutoff 25% of maximum block chance.

This is my current version - https://pastebin.com/7Cbrt7Y3 .
Summary: 16m dps (10m fair dps - no frenzy, no vaal warchief), 75 block, 77% evasion, 80% (73% if sirus hits you) phys reduction and 97% spell suppression with flask (87% without and it is possible to get 100%). I dont like to generate Frenzy Charges with Frenzy "autoattack" so i picked Swagger.

Also i dropped impale support because it is possible to reach 100% without it (gloves + mastery + cluster).

And you can get even more DPS with Ashes and some tweaks with tree. Around 19-20m. And with some insane Timeless jewel with double damage it is even possible to reach ~30m DPS.

But maybe i missing something? What are your thoughts about that variation?

I think you're onto something here, but I'm not sure about doing a double dip of both Evasion and Block, mostly since the block + armor already fixes the majority of the phys damage problems we'd come across. Spell Suppression is more consistent than Spell Block I think, but the main reason it's taken is because its a lot easier to use Spell Block on an investment standpoint over Suppression due to the extra work on gear that's needed (that also boosts build price).

What I've been theorycrafting lately is using Solari pantheon with 'take no extra damage from critical strikes if you've taken one recently'. Map mobs one shot me significantly less (even with the stacked archnem mods) and it feels better since chaos damage doesn't seem to be as prevalent in maps like it used to be. I'm also trying to theorycraft something with Rage + Berserker to use, but it (at least on paper) doesn't look like it can perform well on bosses due to issues with getting it high along with no Chainbreaker.

I think an idea you could do is to either use an impale chance + impales last additional hits (10ex) or double damage (3.5ex) to get to 100% with dread banner without having to get a tier 6 eldritch mod, though it's really expensive. If you run Forceful Skewering and have just 15% to impale gloves (which is easy to get and other EoW implicits don't do too much for it) you can get pretty close, then just round it out with a jewel since impale chance barely affects the pricing.

When I get more time I'm definitely going to delve deeper into this more and see. Thank you for all your insight and feedback!
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

I think you're onto something here, but I'm not sure about doing a double dip of both Evasion and Block, mostly since the block + armor already fixes the majority of the phys damage problems we'd come across.

I thought that way too. Then tried to run jucy T16 maps (breach/dellirium). Well i can say that 90% p.red. doesnt save you from oneshots. Sometimes white monster can hit for 15-20% of HP per swing (and i specifically run no damage mods on my maps). Evasion will not save you either but at least it will be less common.

Next step to take down uber bosses. Already did it on my EA champion and i can say that for melee it will be hard.

Anyway will be waiting for guide update. Your work really helped me.
With SSF, do you think the build will be reasonably solid against bosses? Not necessarily uber bosses, but for farming maven, exarch, eater of worlds, etc.

Been trying to collect some gear on my occultist, may switch at somepoint. Vortex is fun, but tis a bit hard to get damage high without LL gear.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
With SSF, do you think the build will be reasonably solid against bosses? Not necessarily uber bosses, but for farming maven, exarch, eater of worlds, etc.

Been trying to collect some gear on my occultist, may switch at somepoint. Vortex is fun, but tis a bit hard to get damage high without LL gear.

Well i tried to kill uber shaper (that is easiest in my opinion) and i cant handle it. Problem is - damage per hit low (dps high because of attack speed) and you cant stand and hit shaper even 2 sec. You always need to run around dodging yellow balls, purple balls, kiting black balls (or stacking them in one place).

All of this make you do mistakes. And every mistake means you have 1 less portal.
I will continue trying to take ubers down with that build (at least i have experience of killing them with another build).

Also, i rebuild my current tree https://pastebin.com/m8R4SSke - 22m overlap dps and 40% spell block in addition to 98-100% spell suppression.
Would be awesome if someone looked at this tree and maybe find thing that could be done better. Or maybe i missing some important nodes/items.

Now i am aiming to mirror shield (t1 prefixes, reserve efficiency and life on block).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info