[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
Jboard wrote:
"
Spritz wrote:
Hi guys, got a question... why do we anoint kinetic impacts? Doesn't it only work on two-handed weapons?

The Kinetic Impacts is strictly for the chance to deal double damage. Being that it's a relatively cheap anoint, there's no real downside to throwing it on and then if you decide you want to overwrite it with something else later you aren't out that big of an investment.

Ah! Thank you! I did go ahead and anoint panopticon simply because it synergized well with the torchoak steps I found earlier on and have been wearing ever since.
Hey OMFGaTaco, I am trying to craft my new shield and have a pretty nice start...

I hit the T1 Armor % with another crappy prefix and a suffix. I burned a couple annuls and very fortunately was left with the only mods I cared about. I was thinking of crafting "Prefixes cannot be changed" and then using Harvest craft "Reroll a rare item with new random modifiers, including a modifier with the selected type" to try and get the Armor% Stun and Block recovery. Is there anything else you would suggest doing to this instead or is that my best option at this point?

I do plan on rerolling with lucky mods to try and improve that flat armor roll from the Essence, but am waiting until after I harvest craft the 3rd prefix on to do that.
"
Jboard wrote:
Hey OMFGaTaco, I am trying to craft my new shield and have a pretty nice start...

I hit the T1 Armor % with another crappy prefix and a suffix. I burned a couple annuls and very fortunately was left with the only mods I cared about. I was thinking of crafting "Prefixes cannot be changed" and then using Harvest craft "Reroll a rare item with new random modifiers, including a modifier with the selected type" to try and get the Armor% Stun and Block recovery. Is there anything else you would suggest doing to this instead or is that my best option at this point?

I do plan on rerolling with lucky mods to try and improve that flat armor roll from the Essence, but am waiting until after I harvest craft the 3rd prefix on to do that.

Looks like your best bet is the 'prefixes cannot be changed' + reroll defense craft, as to my knowledge Fossils do not work with 'prefixes cannot be changed'. Sadly, you only get one shot with it and its looking like its a 2/3 chance to get a %armor mod over the flat armor. Either should be good, but I don't know if the flat armor is going to be enough to push past 2400.

Your options to 30% quality are corrupting it to 30% using Beastcrafting, Hillock, or Scourging + Blacksmith Whetstone (up to 29 this way). Hillock is your best way followed by Beastcrafting as a finish if you're happy with the metacrafting reroll

Best option for open suffix if you get one is probably chance to deal double damage. You can try and Warlord's slam for life as well, but the chance is pretty low. I'd just slap on double damage if a suffix is open personally.
Amazing build I love that I can switch from shield crush to any 1h shield melee skill with a good 1hand weapon without changing any passives.

I've made a small change on my version of this build by getting 100% impale without support gem. Dread banner 20%, 30% from impale nodes, 20% from physical dmg node mastery below left-side impale node, and 10% from unique cheap jewel (could also come from Hunter mod on gloves, or cluster). This allows me to replace impale with another support for more dmg than the 11% you get from war banner, and pob shows more dps with this change.

Love the build, thanks for everything. Cheers
Last edited by Sarusyan on Nov 27, 2021, 12:23:16 PM
Hi guys

I have a quick question about the Unique Jewel "Lethal Pride". I don't understand how this works.
According to the guide, I need the Lethal Pride Jewel with 14000 warriors under Akoya. The Jewel costs 2ex on the console and that is currently all I have. That's why I need to know if it's worth buying.

According to google it changes an important node to "Chainbreaker" but I can't see that in PoB.
So what is the point of this now? I have found one or two things on the internet where people say it does different things. More phys dps, chance to deal double damage and much more.
So what exactly does it do, how does it work?
According to the guide the Jewel comes in my 2nd slot, see PoB: https://pastebin.com/kbQh7rB5

And by the way, do you have any suggestions for improving my build? I do good damage but am still a bit squishy here and there. And my boss DPS is still slow.

Thank you all and have a nice sunday evening!
"
Toshic_ wrote:
Hi guys

I have a quick question about the Unique Jewel "Lethal Pride". I don't understand how this works.
According to the guide, I need the Lethal Pride Jewel with 14000 warriors under Akoya. The Jewel costs 2ex on the console and that is currently all I have. That's why I need to know if it's worth buying.

According to google it changes an important node to "Chainbreaker" but I can't see that in PoB.
So what is the point of this now? I have found one or two things on the internet where people say it does different things. More phys dps, chance to deal double damage and much more.
So what exactly does it do, how does it work?
According to the guide the Jewel comes in my 2nd slot, see PoB: https://pastebin.com/kbQh7rB5

And by the way, do you have any suggestions for improving my build? I do good damage but am still a bit squishy here and there. And my boss DPS is still slow.

Thank you all and have a nice sunday evening!

The main benefit to a Lethal Pride is that it adds additional benefits to the passive skills you already have allocated. For example...

The passive "Defiance" doesn't normally have the "5% chance to deal Double Damage" on it, but since it's inside the radius of my Lethal Pride, it gains that added bonus. What I would suggest doing is just buying a 10c Lethal Pride, throwing it in your passive skill tree where you have your Bramble Desire, and hovering over the other passives in the radius to see what added benefits they give. Mine only cost 10c and had 2 nodes with the 5% chance to deal double damage and some others with nice % life, so until you get all of your other gear fleshed out, I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of currency on an expensive Lethal Pride.

Last edited by Jboard on Nov 29, 2021, 10:26:19 PM
"
Jboard wrote:

The main benefit to a Lethal Pride is that it adds additional benefits to the passive skills you already have allocated. For example...

The passive "Defiance" doesn't normally have the "5% chance to deal Double Damage" on it, but since it's inside the radius of my Lethal Pride, it gains that added bonus. What I would suggest doing is just buying a 10c Lethal Pride, throwing it in your passive skill tree where you have your Bramble Desire, and hovering over the other passives in the radius to see what added benefits they give. Mine only cost 10c and had 2 nodes with the 5% chance to deal double damage and some others with nice % life, so until you get all of your other gear fleshed out, I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of currency on an expensive Lethal Pride.

Thank you very much, got it! Bought a cheap one and tried my best. I also bought a "good" shield for more damage. But my biggest problem is that I die too often. I just wanna reach level 93 or 94 for more skill points, so I can buy and use a cluster jewel. But everytime i make 10% exp: woosh, i'm dead. Oneshot or not, both happens. And i cant figure out why... It feels like "magic damage" is hitting me very strong. Do you or anyone else have a Idea what i can do? I have good life rolls on my items and overall enough armour i think?

Here's my latest PoB: https://pastebin.com/tazEg8ZX

Edit: And don't be surprised about the Enlighten, I'm just levelling it for a friend :D
Last edited by Toshic_ on Nov 30, 2021, 12:26:31 PM
"
Toshic_ wrote:

Thank you very much, got it! Bought a cheap one and tried my best. I also bought a "good" shield for more damage. But my biggest problem is that I die too often. I just wanna reach level 93 or 94 for more skill points, so I can buy and use a cluster jewel. But everytime i make 10% exp: woosh, i'm dead. Oneshot or not, both happens. And i cant figure out why... It feels like "magic damage" is hitting me very strong. Do you or anyone else have a Idea what i can do? I have good life rolls on my items and overall enough armour i think?

Here's my latest PoB: https://pastebin.com/tazEg8ZX

Edit: And don't be surprised about the Enlighten, I'm just levelling it for a friend :D

I'm by no means an expert on the build or POE as a whole, but here's my thoughts looking at your POB...

Your Cast When Damage Taken is too high. The higher the CWDT goes the more damage is needed to proc the Molten Shell. I think the build says to use something like 6 CWDT and 13 Molten Shell, I'm personally using 8 CWDT/ 14 Molten Shell. Either way, at 17 CWDT you have to take more than half your HP for the default molten shell to proc. In addition to that, make sure you are using the Vaal Molten Shell constantly. I use mine any time I'm expecting a burst of damage (ie - going into nightmare zone, encountering a boss, jump into big packs of elites).

Your 2nd ring, Blight Grasp, only effectively provides you with 54 life and 21 Chaos Res. You can find some Coral or Vermillion ring to give even more life and then more Chaos res + other mods for cheap. These rings start as low as 5c, and then obviously go up from there depending on what other mods you want on it.

Basalt + Granite flask might be overkill since you already have a crapton of armor. I found my survivability went way up using a Topaz and Ruby flask that are constantly running while mapping. They put me way over the resist caps, but the additional 20% reduction in damage from those types still applies and makes a big difference.

Outside of those things I don't see any glaringly obvious changes that should be made. Here's my POB if you want to look and compare, https://pastebin.com/czyVRcip. It could also be an issue with your damage + too high tier of maps. If you are having to stand still and shield crush for too long/too many times then obviously more stuff is going to get hits off on you and you'll die more often. You have good damage on POB though, so I don't know if that's really an issue.
I am getting plastered at the T14 level. Nightmare sometimes just one shots me, im running this build as a slayer with 6.8k life max resists and 73% phys dmg reduction. any pointers on how to increase survivability because this shit isnt fun.

i re did my flasks so im doing the topaz ruby amethyst for even more reduction
"
mult1pass44 wrote:
I am getting plastered at the T14 level. Nightmare sometimes just one shots me, im running this build as a slayer with 6.8k life max resists and 73% phys dmg reduction. any pointers on how to increase survivability because this shit isnt fun.

i re did my flasks so im doing the topaz ruby amethyst for even more reduction

First things first, looking at your PoB you need to be running Impale, which you are not currently. The reason we run impale is because impale roughly doubles our damage output because of its natural synergy with Resolute Technique and fast attack speed. You're also running cluster jewels that aren't really needed such as increased Herald Effect and 3 node life% clusters.

I would recommend looking at the Slayer PoB to make changes accordingly, you can view it here: https://pastebin.com/ZUGy44Ze

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info