[3.15] The Raining Tempest. *Deadeye* 4M+ DPS - Dual Curse - League Starter

I was making a very similar build before I saw this:p

Am i missing something or where does the other 50% conversion come from besides the skill itself?

Edit: it looks like we are ignoring the conversion and just scaling the flat?
Last edited by rockaflacka47 on Jul 22, 2021, 1:44:18 PM
what skill would we get before we're high enough level for storm rain?
"
what skill would we get before we're high enough level for storm rain?

I plan to use lightning arrow from 12 on
that makes sense, thanks for the reply
"
rockaflacka47 wrote:
I was making a very similar build before I saw this:p

Am i missing something or where does the other 50% conversion come from besides the skill itself?

Edit: it looks like we are ignoring the conversion and just scaling the flat?

Correct, since we are using The Tempest which only supplies base lightning damage, and scales added damage, and we are only adding lightning damage. We can completely ignore conversion. Since all of our base damage will inherently be lightning.

If you wanted to build around a beefy phys bow, then you would need to convert the remaining 50% to lightning to get the most out of it. I mocked this up in PoB, a 6x T1 mirror tier bow was a 10% DPS loss, not factoring in the inability to hit 100 arrows on the ground.
if atack speed is a flop you could use Voltaxic Rift Bow for the conversion.

For the Large Cluster Jewels i think Disorienting Display should be good

Looks p good. I'll provide my input since I'm interested.

"
Mana per second needed - 212 for Storm Rain + 103 for curses/hydrosphere

Our leech rate is ~232/second (based on barrage)
Mana on hit - 100 arrows * 2 mana on hit * 2 attacks per second = 400/second
We also have assassins mark providing 80 per kill on a single mob per pack.

This is extremely unrealistic imo. You'll never have 100 arrows shotgunning targets all at once, all the time. A conservative number would be cutting that in half for a more average/consistent estimate.

Assassin's mark should be a huge help in this regard though, with 1 mana flask as backup like you said. Alternatively poacher's mark would probably be waaaaay better mana fixing, at a heavy damage loss due to no crit bonus. So this is something to consider depending on how bad the mana problems can go.

Someone else mentioned Thief's Torment. That's a solid idea - my concern is that it'll be stupid expensive this league due to everyone and their uncle's pet dog having mana issues. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Finally, I would probably imagine that 'The Tempest' would be fantastic for leveling, but probably be pretty meh later due to Storm Rain scaling off of strictly your bow damage, and this bow is not having much of a base damage of it's own. I haven't really used that bow much I'm so not too sure how much it drops off later though.

I can't check the PoB or do any real theorycrafting at the moment, sadly.

Good stuff though, cheers.
Last edited by dizz on Jul 22, 2021, 2:53:30 PM
Honestly the question for storm rain will be: Does it beat Toxic Rain?

I updated my 95 deadeye with 2 cluster setup in PoB that used to have 15m damage (self + mirages) and it still had 13m damage after all the nerfs (changing swift affliction to efficacy) and I know some people had TR builds with 50m dps. And mana issue is easily solved by dual curse setup with Poachers Mark
Last edited by Netukka on Jul 22, 2021, 3:00:14 PM
I plan on trying this ability out since it looked super fun, I really hope it works out as planned or tweaks can be made to make it useable.
I mostly wondering tho, with Temptest I thought the gem goes off physical so wouldn't that make the dps less, or the AS will make up for it and the increase to lightning will make up that gap?

Anyways I will be super annoyed tho if this build doesn't clutter the screen and make my leveling friend hate it
Last edited by unrelentingTroll on Jul 22, 2021, 3:38:09 PM
"
dizz wrote:
Looks p good. I'll provide my input since I'm interested.

"
Mana per second needed - 212 for Storm Rain + 103 for curses/hydrosphere

Our leech rate is ~232/second (based on barrage)
Mana on hit - 100 arrows * 2 mana on hit * 2 attacks per second = 400/second
We also have assassins mark providing 80 per kill on a single mob per pack.

This is extremely unrealistic imo. You'll never have 100 arrows shotgunning targets all at once, all the time. A conservative number would be cutting that in half for a more average/consistent estimate.

Assassin's mark should be a huge help in this regard though, with 1 mana flask as backup like you said. Alternatively poacher's mark would probably be waaaaay better mana fixing, at a heavy damage loss due to no crit bonus. So this is something to consider depending on how bad the mana problems can go.

Someone else mentioned Thief's Torment. That's a solid idea - my concern is that it'll be stupid expensive this league due to everyone and their uncle's pet dog having mana issues. But I guess we'll wait and see.

Finally, I would probably imagine that 'The Tempest' would be fantastic for leveling, but probably be pretty meh later due to Storm Rain scaling off of strictly your bow damage, and this bow is not having much of a base damage of it's own. I haven't really used that bow much I'm so not too sure how much it drops off later though.

I can't check the PoB or do any real theorycrafting at the moment, sadly.

Good stuff though, cheers.

It's hard to know for now, without knowing the default spread on 4 proj, and how many actual arrows land on the target. That leech is also based on a single barrage projectile, in theory, having 100 arrows on the floor, if even half are hitting that still a lot of mana leeched while maybe not as much mana on hit.

I made a 6x T1 bow in PoB, with max rolls it is 5% more DPS, with median rolls its a DPS loss. The other thing is scaling the attack speed. We lost attack speed as quality on everything, so the sources that are left are more valuable and the base attack speed of the bow is more valuable. So if a crafted bow can get you 50 arrows reliably it needs to be 100% better than tempest, and they just aren't. I used imperial for the base, maybe the scaling on a thicket would be better.

"
Netukka wrote:
Honestly the question for storm rain will be: Does it beat Toxic Rain?

I updated my 95 deadeye with 2 cluster setup in PoB that used to have 15m damage (self + mirages) and it still had 13m damage after all the nerfs (changing swift affliction to efficacy) and I know some people had TR builds with 50m dps. And mana issue is easily solved by dual curse setup with Poachers Mark

Eh, I'm not playing it because it will be the best build in the game, it's just a build I think will be fun. If we all only played the #1 build PoE would be pretty boring. I think its synergy with Inpulsa's will be a lot of fun for farming. I think the shot gunning of the beams on bosses will be pretty strong. Hell if you wanted, you could probably scale poison on storm rain as high or higher than toxic rain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info