Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

"
TreeOfDead wrote:

so u tried new leagu or no?

Seriously? Not really. I've tinkered with a couple things, but I basically have to learn everything over again. The part that's really frustrating is that I have no idea how I'm supposed to add defense to any self-made build. All of the usual routes got nerfed. It's like I have to rely on dodge or block I think? But using those for my main defense was highly questionable in the past.
I am on the verge of quitting the league, and I very much doubt I'll be back to the game. If I do, I won't spend another rotten cent on it.

I don't play every league as a rule, but when I do, I tend to go all-in (as evidenced by a frankly embarrassing number of level 100 characters.) However, after putting a tremendous amount of time and energy (and currency) into my character so far, I can't do any of the end-game content to any degree, using a build that was perfectly viable and fun to play a league ago. This is obviously not an isolated problem; I don't know why GGG thought that making nine tenths of builds non-viable in one fell swoop was a good idea (except, I guess, they thought that in some roundabout way it would get them more money, somehow?) - but here we are.

I knew I shouldn't have done any of this after reading this - to be blunt, insane - manifesto, but no use crying over spilled milk, I guess. Mostly, GGG made me feel like a moron for playing their game, and I'm not loving the feeling.

(The league itself is fine - the mechanic isn't terribly inspired, but the writers have clearly done their best, and I appreciate that. Could've been cool, if you hadn't been on a six-month quest to make the game as little fun to play as possible.)
Cool
You'll need it yet, PoE currency said. - Ireland has something too
to PoE currency
"What?" Ron guttered, Buy PoE currency staring open-mouthed at Wile,
who lined up on one side of the playing court. PoE currency
she huffed contemptuously and tugged Harry back
on the armchair.
"Harry, for God's sake!" Buy PoE currency — hissed.
- And now - the voice of Ludon Bagman boomed - I am asking for a Buy PoE currency
to pull up your wand ... this is the mascot of the Irish national team! PoE currency
In the next moment, what looked like a giant green and gold PoE currency soared above the stadium. It circled the stadium and split
on two smaller PoE currencies, each raced towards the goal posts po
both sides of the field, over which a rainbow blossoms suddenly, connecting the two
PoE currency. Strangled shouts of "PoE currency!" Burst from the crowd.
and "Buy PoE currency!", as at a fireworks show. Now a rainbow
faded and the luminous PoE currencies fused again to form a great, glittering PoE currency that soared into the sky and began to soar above
stands. Something that resembled PoE currency fell from it ...
- Wonderful! Ron shouted as the PoE currency swam over
showering their heads with gold PoE currency.
Harry, staring at the PoE currency, saw that it was made up of thousands of tiny bearded dwarfs in red vests; everyone was holding a miniature PoE currency that was burning with gold or green light.
- Buy PoE currency! Mr. Weasley called out over the roar of the crowd;
many viewers continued to fight for PoE currency, thrashing between the rows and crawling under the seats.
The great PoE currency dissolved into thin air, the midgets fell gently onto the field opposite the wil and sat down cross-legged,
to watch the match.
- Now Buy PoE currency. . . Ireland's national representation in PoE currency! Bagman roared. - Here they are. . . PoE currency! Buy PoE currency!

https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile/currency
Last edited by brokolii on Oct 6, 2021, 3:29:23 PM
I hope GGG by now realise how pointless most of the nerfs were. The reasoning in the manifesto was super solid, but the measures missed the mark-BADLY

The great support nerf was pointless to adress both problems: For one, if you want to actually create more viable builds, you buff the pointless gems, not nerf the ones that work. Nerfing the top ones wile not touching the bad ones just brings the power level down as a whole, it slows down the viable builds, push outside the viable zone builds that are barely workable and do jack to bring crazy builds into a workable power. Weak builds dont become stronger just because the meta got weaker, that kind of reasoning only works on competitive games

For two, the power nerf do jack to fix the overpowered top players that bulldoze end content easily. You want to reduce the power of the players on end content and make the map boss fights more interactive, you nerf GEAR! Not do a punny 40-50% global damage nerf that only hits casual players but is not even noticeable to someone with a multiplier that is more than quadruple of that on the multi top tiered affix on the weapon

The falsk nerfs? Also pointless, you guis mentioned that you wanted the excessive pianoing removed, wich is solid line of thinking, but i fail to see why you guys though only nerfing the flask effects acomplishes that. The new flasks enchants are all nice, but at the end of the day, its still simpler to just piano, except now we recieve less defence(all the more reason to activate manually to make sure the timing is right, so the point behind the nerf is deader than dead). If you want to remove piano and the general silly way flasks work on this game, grow a pair and make the big change of flasks being actually temporary! Remove the possibility to gain charges faster than we can spend them! Thats the proper way to remove flask piano

And it was said multiple times: If you want the game to be interactible, adjust the monster damage output to something manageable. It is impossible to play a slow build not because we want super-efficiency. Not all of us are power players, you know? Some of us(like me) would really enjoy playing a slower build that interacted with the mosters and played the game "the way it was meant to be played", but problem is: We cant, because if we dont clear the screen in one second, the screen clears us in two... you want to slow us down? Tune the monsters so that not obliterating everything in an instant is not a death sentence. The richest example is maven trials: How we are supposed to clear a maven trial with a character that does not pulverize the bossess??? We either clear every boss before the next wave spawn or the thing becomes outright impossible to even move
Hey fellas, rather than min-maxing the absolute amount of time people spend in the game, because you think that the longer you keep people on the hedonic treadmill, the more money they're going to spend - which means that basically no-one gives a sh*t about the quality of time spent - how 'bout just giving us a subscription-based version of 3.13? I'll gladly pay fifteen bucks a month to, y'know, actually enjoy myself again.
Last edited by FutileRhetoric on Sep 3, 2021, 10:46:32 AM
As someone who tries to play off-meta silly builds all the changes accompanying this patch make this game completely unapproachable for me now. :C

Most of my "builds" barely pass muster (damage-wise) for red maps at the end of the day even min/maxed but I find them silly and enjoyable because of the fact they're off meta.

*sigh*

Here's to hoping PoE2 is more amenable to experimentation.

P.S.

Also as someone who views the "campaign" or whatever as just time consuming to get to the fun end game making it more difficult to progress through is just.. unfortunate.

[Edit]

If people want a harder campaign experience why not just let them toggle it? :|

Womp.
Last edited by ChuckPC on Sep 3, 2021, 12:15:27 PM
tencent'd
wish that GGG wont kill economy... pls GGG dont ruin economy and better make deterministic crafts
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
The ailment nerf is just terrible, specially due to the mechanics of ailments being based on life, so far if you get ignited with a big hit as a CI character, you simply die in a fraction of a second with no possibility to respond.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info