Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

so sad best GGG game and its RIP sleep my friend O_x
Hello GGG, can u check some storm rain skill gem , because of knockback u stuck all boses in the cornen and need a few minutes to kill him, because only a few arrow can attack him (and still a few beam) may u fix this bug (or explain this) because u can not actually use this skill for bossing (and still have some aoe problem with beam) sometimes mob go throught the beams and dont get any dmg( may be need to make beam aoe a little bit wide (aoe stacking still dont help with mobs coming throught)
https://pastenow.ru/DCHDS
Last edited by Mov3d on Jul 28, 2021, 4:11:40 AM
This game is becoming more a 24/7 job to trade in the economy to be able to make it to the end game. The balance of the economy creates multiple classes of gamers who can make it to the end and those who can't because they don't trade or cannot keep up with trading. I understand free means we need to keep you on the game longer but according to the numbers this is unbalanced. Crafting needs to become superiority better if everything is going to get nerfed into the ground like this.

The game does not need to be forced to put everyone at a slower pace. When I see more time spent in nerfing vs creation of new contnet it's a bad look. The 10 acts do not need to be harder to progress through if you want to slow the pace down add more content to the atlas. Instead of buffing up hp and resistances create higher tiers to push through. New enemies, skills, & items should be the core ideology for longevity not reworking the same things over and over. It's a cheap cost effective marketing tactic which in my opinion makes a development team look bad.

Content is where it is at more content keeps more people on nerfing things to the ground turns people away. This game should always strive for creating more content above everything else because everything about being an exile is to ascend in power and at the end we should feel like godly characters not struggle every step of the way and continue to struggle when you get to the end.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3046817
Hello there,

because i don't like to complain about things wich i don't know i started a charakter (ok ... second thing is, i don't rly like most others alternatives ... PoE feels, even with all strange things the best in Hack'n Slay, for me) and yesterday i reached the atlas.

Point one ... rly no one likes to go through the story any more, BUT the new mechanic didn't shotgun me.
That was the point Ultimatum was a no go for me.

Ok, back to maps ... i did a chanel Tier 1 yellow with nothing rly interesting on it, and took nearly every expedition mod in range, wohooo ... and 15 minutes later ... FIFTEEEN MINUTES LATER (!!!!!1111eleven) my poor minions killed the last beast of this what ever it was ... just to get NOTHING out of the boxes xD

This with new flask mechanics was a rly annoying job and is going rly wrong, so there should be some sort of cap for these events, like when map has mod XYZ, the maximum of lets say crit chance can be XXXXX with expedition mods, and some sort of "mapmodpool" that there can be max for example 3 mods of life mods or something like this.
So, when opening a map, the expedition mod-crates should get better, or lets say, working mods.

Someone else was thinking about DIII when they first showed up mob groups in portals mixing mods making it impossible to kill'em? Thats what it's feeling right now and thats no fun.

And even the amount and the sizes of the expedition thingis ... just give us already some sort of quest/event inventory, make the currency stash casual and give it the same option like the fragment stash now has ... ritual ... yeah ... ex ... expedition ... yeah ... ex .. but ... don't know when i will have enough of this "currency" ...

Ah, because i knew that mana would be a cruel thing to manage i took a summoner ... and when looking onto ninja was just thinking ... "yeah ... all about diversity ..." ^^' this even didn't work so ... perhaps the whole resource should be reworked, it definitly needs some sort of feedback feeling, that you can't spam what ever you want getting crazy bombed hell out the map, but it should'n even end in "whoops, clumsy me, need more mana!" in a 2 second soundloop ^^'

Ah, and lastly, the drop chance of the new currency is a joke? Pllllz tell us it's a joke ... or sort of error or ... one way it must be, the costs of some things are to high, or the dropchances or to low, but to be honest, it's to much, confusing and not performing a feeling to make me corious about the new event mechanic.

Ahhhh ... i forgott about an other thing of this ... HOW MANY NEW NPC's? arrrrw sorry to get rude, but wtf? ... rly to much these days ^^'
Dear GGG...
Why Gutting Dot Fire Jewels? FireBall Flame Wall was far from being too much main stream; less than 1% of players used it. So much for diversity I'm ok with it but then tell me why the hell we have only Essence Drain variations as trisckster builds league starter and nothing else ?

My Build still fonctional but like average shit for douzens of exas and hours put in. But shouldn't you ask yourself about your vision of "diversity" ? So much for That?

Awakened gems nerf : ok so be it ; Potion nerf : Ok if you want, We are all on the Same Boat.

And then ; Powerfull Essence Drain; Aura stackers and toxic rain on main stream and ohh what do we have here ? Dot Fire clusters used by like 1% of tricksters : "nahh too powerfull, let smach those anticonformists to the ground"

Trying to justify some salaries or what?
Very excite league, much wow lol
I see a good amount of angry people venting their frustrations over Path of Nerfs, 2021 Edition. Do you know who will not be affected like most of the playerbase, GGG? Streamers. As always, streamers who play the game for more hours most days than anyone else will be the least affected and/or the least hurt overall. And as always, casual players are even more affected by this than all other categories of player. Further, this has the potential to put streamers at even higher ranks than they already have been for years, because they have the time to burn to overcome the changes you're making. Ah...and finally...IMO, there's still that niggling suspicion you all created a while back that hasn't faded from my memory.

I've spent a decent amount on MTX over the years (mostly to support GGG rather than caring about the MTX [except the tigers, which I love]), and have always had a good amount of fun in the game. At some point each league, I have to look at the amount of time I have available, how much fun I am having, and determine if I want to spend more time in the game, especially in leagues where I am not having much fun at all. At 41, with a more than full-time job, 10 hours worth of driving every weekend, and limited time with my partner, I have to choose carefully what I invest my free time with. If POE becomes a grindfest a la Everquest or Dorksouls, I can assure GGG of one thing: I will not be along for the ride.

I don't get a ton of time to play the game; maybe 40-80 hours during most leagues. Still, I've always been able to at least get decently into maps, even with the crappy builds I make with mostly-found (not traded-for) gear. With that said, all of these changes combined likely will translate into my dropping the league within a few days (rather likely), playing in Standard (rare that I choose to do this), or not playing at all (almost a guarantee, especially if this becomes core changes).

So, with that said, let me give this new league a try. Fingers crossed, it will not be so horrible as some of the comments here make it seem.
Previous post removed and replaced with this:

Chris cleared up (my) concerns regarding the speed of the game in the 08/11/21 Baeclast. Anybody else who was worried the game was going to be reduced to a slow slog should have a look at it, he talks about it in the first twenty or thirty minutes I believe (I didn't have time to watch the entire 3.5 hours). Thank you for clearing up where you want to take the game. I was initially horrified thinking that the game was going to slow dramatically, but in reality, the idea is to make yellow packs take a hit or two, and to prevent people from destroying mobs that aren't even on screen yet. This I can deal with, even if it sucks for awhile =)

Edit:
I have now played league up to level 85 and I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much as I usually do. Not enough build diversity, still the same "one shot or be one shot" game, minus plenty of damage. I'm not overly fond of this years atlas either, but that's a story for another time. On the bright side, despite not enjoying it as much as usual, it has still kept me coming back for reasons I can't explain - maybe I just needed a PoE fix, or maybe it's an annoying "challenge accepted moment," whatever it is, I've edited this post umpteen times trying to put my finger on it, and I've finally given up =). The short story - if it makes any difference to GGG - is that I MUCH prefer pre 3.15 Path of Exile, and enjoy the current iteration less. Lets hope these nerfs are being put in place for a good reason, and not just to slow the play style down. In any case, I will keep tinkering around with this league, and check on new leagues as my work and home life permit.
Last edited by dgray1981 on Aug 30, 2021, 8:08:32 PM
this leagu cool and fun but logbooks rly insane rare... u could buff it and its perfect!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
When do we get the manifesto telling us why we are not having fun? Too rewarding? We don't understand the mechanics? Id love to know why 60% of players left game already, and now even the most die hard POE streamers have an extremely negative view of the game now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info