Game Balance in Path of Exile: Expedition

Raider question here.

Ive just got to my first ascendancy and Rapid Assault staes it gives you Onsalught.

But...

"The Raider's Ascendancy node "Rapid Assault" no longer provides Onslaught Effect. The Onslaught path was too easy a choice relative to the higher-investment Frenzy Charge branch. We've also replaced Movement Speed on the small Phasing passives with Elemental Damage, as there was already plenty of speed available on that Ascendancy."

Did you change it back or what the hell is going on?
Hope this nightmare will end. and i can play this league like 3.13-3.14
Hi GGG! My 3.15 feedback:

1. I find Act 1 to now be more difficult than later acts. This makes no sense. The onboarding process for new PoE players now so punishing that I have a friend who just joined and... just quit. Did not get past Twilight Strand. She's not amazing at RPGs but still, I'm just glad she didn't make it to fight Brutus in closed spaces. As a player since open beta if it takes my full attention to go through act 1 then... it's way too hard for new players

2. flask timings are broken now. The only effect is introducing a new set of mandatory nodes for ALL PLAYERS: flask charge nodes. It's like "Reduced Mana Support" for Auras back in the day. Take these and by end game I can still piano my flasks anyway - it's ALMOST perfectly aligned. So I DO. It just sucks until then, making the whole experience worse.

3. The dps nerf combined with changes to crafting and return to pure RNG place crafting epic builds with epic gear more and more in the hands of a small number of the community. Rejoice if you play many hours per day! Dismay if you have limited time. Some players are saying "deal with it". I for one do not want a world in which they are only trading amongst themselves. I want PoE to thrive on player counts

At some point GGG stated that players loved the punishing PoE2 demo at ExileCon and you want to get closer to difficulty. I'd have loved it too, as a fun challenge. Not as my typical gameplay experience. And who attended ExileCon? Those willing to travel 'round the globe if need be.
I had the same experience in 3.15. I squealed when the rhoas charged me. But being one inch from death that soon got old real fast. I wanted to relax on my Friday afternoon, NOT PLAY DARK SOULS 4, EXPEDITION TO WRAECLAST :D

GGG also states that it listens to its player base. I'm not feeling it. It feels like the company is listening only to bug reports from players but doing what it wants and not listening at all to the direction of the game.

I'm becoming verbal on this forum and not for good things! What the heck GGG, make me write a post to applaud your changes!

3.15 is not a balanced patch at all in my opinion. It feels disjointed and it feels like the game doesn't want to take on new players!! Please reconsider this Path of Nerfs direction and return the following:

- chase items
- partially deterministic crafting (harvest especially)
- ez act 1
- stop nerfing skills. It's REDUCING build diversity

Exile is an illusion, exile!
yeah,

sometimes i think i am stupid and so "many" yell "ah, learn to play or go away", but ... something must be right on thinking that you are on the wrong way, so says the player counter ...

I wish 3.13 never ended ...
Now CoC is unplayable even in standard and not even going to play this league aswell, well done ggg you just made my decision easier because i really wanted to buy the new suporter pack, now i will invest money into buyng another game.
bro you have only 1 challenge your not even playing the league you probably already left the league
I think what we really learned is that Path of Exile's core gameplay doesn't work when it wants people to react to things instead of being proactive. The screen is cluttered, signaling is poor, and you die too quickly.

How are you going to change combat to reflect this new reactive world you want?
I thaught it was obvious that i left the game and that's why i have 1 challange but i think you needed to point out that you have already 8 challanges or what ? If you only saw that in the message i puted than it means u can read only signs (challenges) and on letters you have a translator near you.
Last edited by ReanimaTion21 on Jul 27, 2021, 7:52:36 PM
"
EvilBob2U wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty GGG for best and most smooth start ever! no lags so far! <3

Yeah, for sure. Just like by mid season when people have stopped playing. Oh wait, that is why the launch was smooth? Not as many people playing and thus the servers not being overloaded?

Nice try with your reverse logic my friend.

wut? wtf wrong with u? its rly smooth and almost no problem start... like 5-6 leagues with huge fails and insane problem before and now u dont see improvement in start?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
EvilBob2U wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ty GGG for best and most smooth start ever! no lags so far! <3

Yeah, for sure. Just like by mid season when people have stopped playing. Oh wait, that is why the launch was smooth? Not as many people playing and thus the servers not being overloaded?

Nice try with your reverse logic my friend.

wut? wtf wrong with u? its rly smooth and almost no problem start... like 5-6 leagues with huge fails and insane problem before and now u dont see improvement in start?

äh ...

last league starts had to handle over 150k players from the beginning, now the 24h peak is about 69k, thats 81k less players, so an enormous amount less work for the servers, so ... yeah, you could say thx ggg for the smooth start, but you also could think about whats behind this.

So, nothing's wrong here, just keep moving ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info