[3.15] Storm Rain Raider League Starter - Theorycraft

Have been doing some PoB Warrioring with the assistance of Craft of Exile and been trying to look at a Secrets of Suffering version.
Currently with shit gear around 200k Sirus DPS (assuming 10 beams hit should be lowballing it because we have an Attack Speed of 5.22 and 8 Arrows per shot, which means alone with our Arrows and not counting the Mirrage Archer we would have over 60 Arrows in the ground):

https://pastebin.com/KQ39Au1e

Main Skill:
Storm Rain
Added Lightning
Trinity
Increased Critical Damage
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Mirage Archer

Auras:
Skitterbots
Precision
Herald of Ice

Power charge generation:
Storm Brand
Power Charge on Crit
Faster Casting
Swift Brand

Curse/Buffs:
Blood Rage
Poachers Mark
Eleweakness (Ring)
Last edited by IceMagma on Jul 28, 2021, 2:17:34 AM
What gems do we want in Asenath's?
Level 65 at the moment and feels pretty lack lustre. Not sure viable for mapping at the moment. Will continue. :(
It's doing "okay" for me:
https://pastebin.com/YSc6T5V2

I find it pretty strong in yellow maps (T9 is the highest I've gone), but I'm stilling lightning arrow too because sometimes I need a quicker source of damage. I've oscillated between running Herald of Thunder-Herald of Ice-Herald of Purity, vs running Herald of Thunder-Wrath. The former gives me nice little minions to aggro for me, but I do think the latter is more damage. I wonder if I should try skitterbots instead?

Mostly, the struggle is against conqueror influenced yellows, especially ones that resist lightning. But I'm still hoping I can figure it out.

Any thoughts on the best source of exposure? I was originally using an arcanist brand on bosses with wave of convition, but switched to hydrosphere. What do folks think?
"

I find it pretty strong in yellow maps (T9 is the highest I've gone), but I'm stilling lightning arrow too because sometimes I need a quicker source of damage. I've oscillated between running Herald of Thunder-Herald of Ice-Herald of Purity, vs running Herald of Thunder-Wrath. The former gives me nice little minions to aggro for me, but I do think the latter is more damage. I wonder if I should try skitterbots instead?

Mostly, the struggle is against conqueror influenced yellows, especially ones that resist lightning. But I'm still hoping I can figure it out.

Any thoughts on the best source of exposure? I was originally using an arcanist brand on bosses with wave of convition, but switched to hydrosphere. What do folks think?

Has anyone tested how the skill interacts with Point Blank/Far Shot, i know in PoB they work but has anyone actually tested how they interact?
"
IceMagma wrote:
"

Has anyone tested how the skill interacts with Point Blank/Far Shot, i know in PoB they work but has anyone actually tested how they interact?
Not that I've seen. Unfortunately I wouldn't know enough to do so. I've just been following what other folks on the ladder I'm doing. But it's a good question that needs testing.
"
Not that I've seen. Unfortunately I wouldn't know enough to do so. I've just been following what other folks on the ladder I'm doing. But it's a good question that needs testing.

I did some quick testing and it seems to work, i didnt test exactly how the distance is counted but it does seem to buff the damage (used point blank support to test)
"
IceMagma wrote:
"

I did some quick testing and it seems to work, i didnt test exactly how the distance is counted but it does seem to buff the damage (used point blank support to test)
That's a relief! Some POB testing suggests I should drop Herald of Ice for Skitter Bots, but not sure if I can handle that mana drop at the moment. Something to think about though once Enlighten is in my budget.
"
That's a relief! Some POB testing suggests I should drop Herald of Ice for Skitter Bots, but not sure if I can handle that mana drop at the moment. Something to think about though once Enlighten is in my budget.

Try skilling Essence Sap, using a Thiefs Torment or using Poachers Mark.
Each beam triggers mana on hit which allows for infinite mana aslong as you can pay the original cost.
"
IceMagma wrote:
"

Try skilling Essence Sap, using a Thiefs Torment or using Poachers Mark.
Each beam triggers mana on hit which allows for infinite mana aslong as you can pay the original cost.
Good call. I am using Essence Sap and find that to be enough as long as I'm disciplined about not spamming too many attacks right away. I need to let the first set of beams start sapping before I launch the third volley, otherwise I run into issues. It's working well overall though; if I could find any chaos I'd be up and running into reds I think. But I keep falling back down into low yellows because of map sustain and can't afford to buy them right now when I really want to snag a Death's Opus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info