[3.15] Panday's Two-Hand Frost Blades Slayer / The Last Hope of Frost Blades!

"
eldest-bike4 wrote:
Im dying to roll this and the delay of the new league is killing me hahahah

Will roll on day 1 and keep my updates here

Respect

Yo! Same here! Can't wait for the changes that they will implement. I hope they already introduce the "smart loot" patch this 3.15 . Because my hand already hurts from all the looting and stuff > . <.
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 10, 2021, 10:16:53 PM
"
Akbir wrote:
I've always loved frostblades. Thanks for the great guide man.

I was looking at Scion (slayer with probably pathfinder, but also looking at raider/inquisitor). I think the build would feel pretty similar regardless, but please let me know if you think a pure Slayer is obviously going to be superior.

My vague plans at the moment pre 3.15 patch notes are:
*if archmage/arcane cloak isn't destroyed I'll make a miner or something to start then start an archmage frostbomb build as soon as I can grab a few key pieces.
*if it's nerfed from the heavens I'm going all in on frostblades and will try to stick to the one build. I'm pretty excited about it

Actually you can make it work with scion but may I ask what are your intentions in choosing scion over pure Slayer? Do you plan to go scion for the extra points to use Voices or 3 Large cluster setup? Or do you want to get certain passives that is near to scion start? If neither of these two are your reasons I think its better to go pure Slayer cause you lose a lot of damage and quality of life not going Pure Slayer.

Cheers!

Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 11, 2021, 1:20:13 AM
Pure slayer only scion is a girl !!!! 😁😂💪🏻
Your strength is the law !!

MadG poe on youtube for mellee content
Hello!

First of all, nice guide dude.

I was thinking of leaguestarting with frostblades but I cant choose between your build and fivers raider build..

What do you think?

Also, why not just leveling with 2h if they bring more dps than dual wielding 1h? I mean, I think is worth to keep comparing them and choosing the combination with more dps.

Greetings
"
sikazo wrote:
Hello!

First of all, nice guide dude.

I was thinking of leaguestarting with frostblades but I cant choose between your build and fivers raider build..

What do you think?

Also, why not just leveling with 2h if they bring more dps than dual wielding 1h? I mean, I think is worth to keep comparing them and choosing the combination with more dps.

Greetings

Thanks sikazo! appreciate it!

Actually regarding which frost blades build you should play. It totally depends on what playstyle you are looking for because both of them have their own pros and cons. For example, in a league start scenario slayers advantage is their 20% cull, which can carry your single target throughout your progression. While on the otherhand hand raider can zoom through acts because of onslaught effect stacking.

Ideally we dual wield 1h weapons in the early game because of how fast they are without needing a lot of attack speed passives or gear. We need the 10% more aspd from the dual-wield bonus early on for our leap slam so we can travel faster through the acts. But yet again if you happen to drop an insane 2h while leveling then that can justify using it.
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 12, 2021, 12:31:14 AM
** Updates

Will change the leveling section and tree progression this week after I've done some testings.

For now these are the few changes.

In act 1-2, Double strike is still the best for single target.

NEW GEM SETUPS :

Double Strike + Chance to Bleed + Maim ( G - R - R ) - Single Target

Frost blades + Onslaught + Ancestral call ( G - G - R ) - Clear Skill

War Banner ( Aura ) then add in Herald of Purity + Flesh and stone

Ancestral Protector + ruthless

Dash then >> Leap Slam + Faster attacks - Movement skill ( you need two mana flask for this to be efficient ; don't bother to do "The Den" Quest cause we only need 1 quicksilver flask )

WEAPON BASE TYPES

It depends actually on what you pick up during the first few acts. But ideally we want 1h axes as a base early on because we get to rush the Hatchet Master Axe Passive Notable which is insane for damage.

** I will upload later on the filter that I am using so you can pretty much immediately spot the right colors and best weapon type bases.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 12, 2021, 12:36:12 AM
"
tacata69 wrote:
** Updates

Will change the leveling section and tree progression this week after I've done some testings.

For now these are the few changes.

In act 1-2, Double strike is still the best for single target.

NEW GEM SETUPS :

Double Strike + Chance to Bleed + Maim ( G - R - R ) - Single Target

Frost blades + Onslaught + Ancestral call ( G - G - R ) - Clear Skill

War Banner ( Aura ) then add in Herald of Purity + Flesh and stone

Ancestral Protector + ruthless

Dash then >> Leap Slam + Faster attacks - Movement skill ( you need two mana flask for this to be efficient ; don't bother to do "The Den" Quest cause we only need 1 quicksilver flask )

WEAPON BASE TYPES

It depends actually on what you pick up during the first few acts. But ideally we want 1h axes as a base early on because we get to rush the Hatchet Master Axe Passive Notable which is insane for damage.

** I will upload later on the filter that I am using so you can pretty much immediately spot the right colors and best weapon type bases.

Cheers!!!

Great work brother

Yes imo DS is undisputed single target king in early levels i agree

Wont flesh and stone tank mana so early ?

"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

Great work brother

Yo bro! I tried using war banner, flesh and purity/ice. ya there is a slight mana issue but mana flows takes care of that. And I just use blood stance only for bosses actually haha. I guess its a matter of preference.

Another thing that i've tried was using a 4L (close combat + rage + onslaught/melee phys) Bladestorm (BS) setup until blood aqueducts. It's actually has insane damage even with trash gear. I think BS is a worthwhile option until you get the crit nodes,crit gears or a 6L and switch to frost blades eventually. Although the downside of going this route is it requires you to respec some passives in the tree :(.
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 12, 2021, 11:44:47 PM
"
tacata69 wrote:
"
eldest-bike4 wrote:

Great work brother

Yo bro! I tried using war banner, flesh and purity/ice. ya there is a slight mana issue but mana flows takes care of that. And I just use blood stance only for bosses actually haha. I guess its a matter of preference.

Another thing that i've tried was using a 4L (close combat + rage + onslaught/melee phys) Bladestorm (BS) setup until blood aqueducts. It's actually has insane damage even with trash gear. I think BS is a worthwhile option until you get the crit nodes,crit gears or a 6L and switch to frost blades eventually. Although the downside of going this route is it requires you to respec some passives in the tree :(.

Ahh ok ye now i see

I thought both purity+ ice

Agree , i will use sand mostly too

Blind is such a qol imo and less dmg taken

Havent looked into BS at all but no problem with respeccing , thats what regrets are for 😉

Last edited by eldest-bike4 on Jul 13, 2021, 5:55:40 AM
Watching videos and testing bossing with FB and Hydrosphere made me realise that multistrike is gimping the whole hydrosphere shotgun thing. Multistrike keeps changing from target so like 50% of the time you're not hitting hydropsphere AT ALL.

Given this, have you tested out how's the dps without multistrike? Using close combat for example, maybe Hypothermia would be better as it'd increase projectile dmg as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info