[3.15] Panday's Two-Hand Frost Blades Slayer / The Last Hope of Frost Blades!

So if this is not a league starter, due to high level of char requirement and decent gear to feel good, would a gladiator max block version would be decent and then transition into this one? I found max block glad on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fNPrR4gY8

Or they are too far apart build-wise, or just not worth it at all and pick chaos something for starter and don't suffer?
"
So if this is not a league starter, due to high level of char requirement and decent gear to feel good, would a gladiator max block version would be decent and then transition into this one? I found max block glad on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7fNPrR4gY8

Hello there!

- I wrote in the overview not a "good" league starter meaning, if you plan to push to maps as fast as you can in day 1 then I wouldn't recommend this build. But if you don't mind going slow and your goal is to just have a starting character that can comfortably farm maps? Then starting with frost blades can be viable.

- I wouldn't recommend going max block glad FB as a starter as well. Your going to have a hard time allocating the necessary crit chance nodes since block chance becomes one of your priorities.

Now that being said, there are players that I've talked with that are going to start with Cyclone ( best melee skill btw! haha! ) Slayer then transition to Frost Blades Slayer with enough gear and level. This strategy is probably your best bet if you want to start strong in day 1 since scaling cyclone in the early game is much easier than FB. Zizaran has a good cyclone slayer guide in YT you might want to check :)

I hope I answered your question. :) Cheers!

Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 5, 2021, 12:18:30 AM
"
Naisu!

Spoiler
HAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAH! NAYSUUU!!!
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 4, 2021, 11:13:40 PM
Really good guide and build! Will probably start with it, also just tried starting from scratch with it and it goes pretty fast, tho I wanna provide some feedback and maybe help for other people that level with it, specially if it's your first character:

Until you have Multistrike (act4 pre-malachai), go with Pierce instead.
So yes, general leveling: Ancestral Call + Pierce. You'll one shot packs, instead of spaming 2-4 times
This has the con to have to swap them out for melee phys and faster attacks or so at bosses

Also in act 5, get Poacher's Aim from Act5 "The King's Feast", it gives +1 pierce, pretty nice for clear while leveling

edit: Just reached Blood Aqueduct: 356M/h
Last edited by JamesWorth on Jul 5, 2021, 5:00:07 AM
Hey Jamesworth! Thanks for the nice feedback!

Your a genius never thought of getting the +1 pierce jewel from act 5! You can actually socket that in the ranger starting area before using lethal pride?

Regarding your gem setups, I think added cold cold (AC) is much better instead of faster attacks since your base damage is low early on? Unless your already using AC.

Thanks again ! Cheers!
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 5, 2021, 10:27:09 AM
Looks good but you will not survive oneshots with 6k life and alternate qual leech from WED is not needed at all since you deal enough damage anyway to max leech without it.
"
Looks good but you will not survive oneshots with 6k life

Thanks timyyy! Yes you are correct :) having only 6k life is not enough to avoid 1 shots but in my experience very rarely it happens since life is not my only source of mitigation (eg. fortify etc). Ofcourse it also depends on the mods :) -max + crit will definitely hurt lolz

"
alternate qual leech from WED is not needed at all since you deal enough damage anyway to max leech without it.

I think you are referring to damage on full life support (DOFL). Thanks for pointing this out! Actually I was thinking of using the Divergent Quality. It is just that 10% increased damage from the normal quality is so underwhelming compared to other qualities. Still, I need to test this out when 3.15 goes live :). Let me know if you have other suggestions for the build. :) Cheers!
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 5, 2021, 11:49:41 AM
"
tacata69 wrote:

Your a genius never thought of getting the +1 pierce jewel from act 5! You can actually socket that in the ranger starting area before using lethal pride?

Yeah you can socket it there or in the one below duelist. Both sockets will be filled either way with the 2nd Fight for Survival

"
tacata69 wrote:

Regarding your gem setups, I think added cold cold (AC) is much better instead of faster attacks since your base damage is low early on? Unless your already using AC.

The only problem with added cold is that you don't get it with duelist, so until Library you're unable to use it, and added fire is red so yeah
"
Yeah you can socket it there or in the one below duelist. Both sockets will be filled either way with the 2nd Fight for Survival

Ya your right. I guess I am too used to using the ranger start for the lethal pride only.lol

"
The only problem with added cold is that you don't get it with duelist, so until Library you're unable to use it, and added fire is red so yeah

lol My bad I forgot your simulating a league start scenario. Actually since your going for the Library quest. I think using rage support on your frost blades main link might be viable? What do you think?
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 5, 2021, 1:24:08 PM
"

I think you are referring to damage on full life support (DOFL). Thanks for pointing this out! Actually I was thinking of using the Divergent Quality. It is just that 10% increased damage from the normal quality is so underwhelming compared to other qualities. Still, I need to test this out when 3.15 goes live :). Let me know if you have other suggestions for the build. :) Cheers!

Yes, I would focus more on gem levels to have them all 21 20 pretty much. 1% more and 10% increased damage doesn't seem that good but when you count it on gems it's usually for 6L 60% increased damage and 6% more damage which is very nice.Not something to look for early but later on sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info